-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think if you skip the end the Echo wins.

Last edited by Whiptail; 07/04/21.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rock Chuck, I'm talking about leaking when it's just sitting on a shelf unused. I know they leak when they're operated, but many reviews of them leaving puddles when stored away.

Romans 5:1
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Project farm is an example of a bossy, know it all, task oriented, first born nerd, with an engineering degree.

I can tell all that from his voice.

My wife, my son, and I are all bossy, know it all, task oriented, first born nerds, with an engineering degrees.

Psychologists say we engineers are obsessed with things, and not people.

I currently have a DEWALT 20V MAX XR Chainsaw.

In 1982 I bought a Stihl 36" chainsaw.

In 1968 my father bought me a Mcculloch chainsaw.

In 1965 I had a caper cycle with a Mcculloch mac6 go cart race engine.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
but you will have to keep buying replacement batteries every few years at $130 or so...

Horse crap. I've got Milwaukee batteries that have served for six years so far, on everything from skill saws, grease guns, drivers, 1/2" driver, drills. Getting used every week of the year, well below freezing to scorching hot. Never a hitch with any of them.

Other brands, not so lucky. Ridgid (Home Depot brand) especially sucks. I've had no luck with Dewalt, either. But these Milwaukee 18V batteries just keep going. I kept records on one of my drivers, It's driven over 160,000 screws so far.

My two oldest Milwaukee 18v batteries are 9-10yrs old and still going strong! And they never lose charge while being stored.

And totally agree about that Rigid crap from Home Depot.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Check this guy out. He does some pretty good tests on equipment of all types. He has several videos about battery powered lawn equipment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aBZt8m1XkQ

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
but you will have to keep buying replacement batteries every few years at $130 or so...

Not true with Lithium Ion Batteries. I run Milwaukee tools and I have a couple batteries dating back to 2012 and they still run strong.

The Milwaukee Fuel Chain Saw and the Fuel Trimmer are incredible tools. Your not going to cut wood for heating your house with it but you can't beat it for cutting here and there and trimming.

There is a big difference between the Regular Milwaukee tools and the Fuel tools, do your research.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Rock Chuck, I'm talking about leaking when it's just sitting on a shelf unused. I know they leak when they're operated, but many reviews of them leaving puddles when stored away.

I've always kept saws sitting on cardboard or something to soak up the oil. They all leak whether being used or not.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch

Horse crap. I've got Milwaukee batteries that have served for six years so far, on everything from skill saws, grease guns, drivers, 1/2" driver, drills. Getting used every week of the year, well below freezing to scorching hot. Never a hitch with any of them.

Other brands, not so lucky. Ridgid (Home Depot brand) especially sucks. I've had no luck with Dewalt, either. But these Milwaukee 18V batteries just keep going. I kept records on one of my drivers, It's driven over 160,000 screws so far.

It's all about the battery construction. Milwaukee has electronics on them that control everything the batteries do, Everything, that's one of the reasons the batteries last so long.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I have a Dewalt string trimmer. Check into them as they are pretty solid.

+1 - I bought the 40v version of this and have no regrets ....as much/maybe more power than most of the gas trimmers I've owned and the charge lasts a lot longer than you'd think

IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I have kobalt 40v tools. I have a chainsaw a pole saw a hedge trimmer and a weed eater. I’ve been impressed with them for homeowner use.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I looked at a bunch of the electric chain saws. Ended up buying an Ego 16" bar. Used it to cut a bunch of 6" to 8" trees out back. Had someone come and cut down the big ones - 12" to 16". I'm using the Ego to cut them up. I'll get six to eight cuts through the big trees on one charge. We have about 1,000 sf of grass in the back and can't use the riding mower back there. Bought an Ego push mower and it does great. Only takes about ten minutes to cut the back and with a freshly charged battery it doesn't even register as any being discharged. Same battery for both. When stored I put it on a cardboard box. The oil does leak out into the box. My string trimmer is a Ryobi 18v One+ I've had for three years and have used a bunch. It is still going strong.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Rt50blaster
Seems to be more bad reviews of the bump feed on the kobalt string trimmer.

You could probably put an Echo speed feed head on anything you buy. Reloading string on one of those is great......you can just cut a piece about 20 feet long and wind it on without disassembling the head. Only bad thing I can say about them is that if you get into some vines or moss, etc their is a little gap in them that allows stuff like that to wrap around the head and jam up the trimmer. If you are just trimming lawn grass that would not be a problem.

Last edited by RJY66; 07/05/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Milwaukee hands down, by the leaf blower while you are at it. Like was mentioned i am not a big fan of the trimmer head so I changed that out. I have the weedwacker, pole saw, and lawn edger all interchangeable with the power head. The chainsaw works great and is quite toss it in your truck going to deer camp or camping and cut up a pile of firewood without the noise, if I'm boating I toss it in the boat to cut up woods for campfires. The other great thing with Milwaukee is their tools are always on sale and usually come with a battery which tends to be cheaper than buying a battery

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Just used my Milwaukee M18 trimmer at the in-law's yesterday. It was a virtual jungle. With nonstop use, a12ah battery lasted well over an hour. 8ah went about 45 minutes. Plenty of power.
M18 chainsaw works great for its intended purpose. It'll never replace a gas saw for cutting several cords to heat the house all winter but perfectly capable for relatively short sessions.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This seems like a good deal:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...49-16-2718-49-16-2719-49-16-27/310572609

Electric chain saws have no place in Flave's garage.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave

Living in a condo in FL I can you why you wouldn’t need any chainsaw. LOL

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by callnum

Agree
But you may need a cordless Jack Hammer to help dig your self out after the owner Demo's the building you lived in.

Last edited by funshooter; 07/05/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

BEST BATTERY CHAINSAW REVIEWS 2021 | BEST CORDLESS CHAINSAWS
(clic pic)

[Linked Image from cdn.protoolreviews.com]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by callnum

Calldum once kissed his cousin.

Married her too.

LOL

#bigsandy

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

698 members (160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,843 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,163
Posts18,465,177
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.