Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
auk1124 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Is it typical media horseshit, or is it true that mice are running rampant over parts of Australia? The US media is reporting that swarms of mice are creating havoc in sections of your country, but we can't believe much of anything those Commie twats tell us.

If true, what is causing mice to be such a big problem?

BP-B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Yes there is a mouse plague currently in the central west region of New South Wales. It happens periodically (every ten years or so?).

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Which is worse, the mice plague or spider season? I'm not sure I could handle waking up to the landscape covered in spiderwebs. Or is that how the wildfires started?

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ya need more cats🤪

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by viking
Ya need more cats🤪

😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

A
auk1124 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Yes there is a mouse plague currently in the central west region of New South Wales. It happens periodically (every ten years or so?).

Jesus, I figured with crocodiles and poisonous snakes laying in piles down there and spiders the size of Yorkshire terriers crawling around, a mouse wouldn't stand a chance. Y'all must have some tough-assed mice.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We've had fire, flood, plague, locusts, toads and now mice, Might be time to sprinkle the blood of a young goat on the doorposts...

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
For sure

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Dan oz: I hope you will fare well in this bout of troubles and bad luck!
I have always admired Australians and their country.
Australia is on my bucket list and hopefully once this wuhan red death diminishes travel will resume.
My next door neighbor here in SW Montana owns several homes around the world including one in Australia that he would visit/live in during the "winter" season down under.
He has not been there in nearly two years now.
Anyway stay safe.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Most of the time when you introduce a new species to a foreign land they experience either rapid failure to extinction or tremendous population spikes.
Rats, mice, cats, rabbits, toads, sheep... Australia has had plagues of all these "new" species.

IC B3

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by viking
Ya need more cats🤪

My first thought as well 😀

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Feral cats are a plague all by themselves and a non native invasive species...

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by colodog
Feral cats are a plague all by themselves and a non native invasive species...

Yes, a cure as bad as the problem. If only we could train those moggies to focus on the mice, and leave all the native wildlife alone.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

NRA Life Patron Member Benefactor Level
USN/USMC Vietnam Vet 1969-70
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quite common down there.

1Minute
I bet mice are really bad but I'm plagued with SOB Commie rat liberal bastards in the US. there's not enough rat poison to take care of them.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The mice plague is rampant on the whole of the east coast here, there is also a rat plague as well.
We got mice eating through the plaster board in the walls, the couches and anything else with food crumbs around.
Destructive little SOB’s.

Cheers.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
We seem to have a lot of mice here in SoCal coastal! Worst, our environmental laws now prohibit most of the several effective mouse poisons due to "food chain" problems. Mice die of effective poisons and as eaten by larger varmints; which die. Some such, "protected species". I'd suppose we humans would need to add mice to our diet to get any regulatory relielf nowadays. In the meantime, those little furry creatures, continue to multiply and thrive! I've seen occasional neighbor tenting of their homes, presumably mice riddance, possibly 'other'.
A household cat might be helpful but we have several big - maybe cat eater - dogs. Lethal to the Feline species! Mice could bite our dogs in their butts, likely they'd not be disturbed!
Hope we don't get overrun!
But then, statistically nowadays, the mice more likely to get roasted, as California ever increasingly on fire! Good thing we don't have to worry about climate change too! All this just our overactive imaginations! frown

Best!
John

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm from northern MN and some years it seemed like the whole forest floor would move from all the mice scurrying under the leaves. I had enough problems with mice in my house that I had to string my stretched fur on wires stretched across the fur room. I had a ermine move in and he stayed until you couldn't find a mouse within 100 yards of the place. He even got to the point he would take bits of beaver meat from my hands, we nicknamed him "Herman the Ermine". Surprisingly we never had an infestation of mice in the house like that again.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
No doubt they are an effective predator, but stoats (aka ermine) are a massive and devastating environmental pest over the ditch in NZ. At least we don't have them here in Oz.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
89 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,572 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.