Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
I’m looking at getting one of these. If you have used either what are the strengths and weaknesses?

I like the versatility of the Primos grip, but it doesn’t look as robust as the bogpod. The bogpod has its own hardware and looks heftier. Both have mixed reviews.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have and own both.......mixed reviews on both

With the Primos trigger sticks they are quicker to adjusted , I have both the bipod and tripod models. they work well but the downside is that they are not quite as steady as the Bogpod...........

The Bogpod is steadier than the Primos trigger stick but.........it takes longer to adjust and some times it is impossible to get your crosshairs vertical and horizontal, also the Bogpod is heavier even with the carbon fiber model.

I also use Harris bipods...........If I had to give up one of the three, the first to go would be the Bogpod just because of the weight

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BogPod.

I wouldn’t buy a damn thing from Primos. Dealt with the owner a couple of times. He’s an asswhole

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I prefer the Primos trigger stick, either the monopod or bipod. Quick to adjust, etc. I don’t like tripods of any flavor.. A monopod or bipod is much easier to set up on uneven, rocky terrain. I used a guide’s Bog Pod on one elk a few years ago and getting it set up on a rocky slope was a little tricky….almost lost the shot.

I have to admit I’m a little biased though…

Sorry to hear you had an issue with Will; he’s a first cousin of my first cousin and I’ve know him since about ‘55 or ‘56. We’ve always thought of each other as blood cousins. He and I used to hunt together all the time before I went into the Navy. He loaned me his 4WD truck to retrieve one night at about 10:00. (long story). My real cousin has been with Will since the ‘70’s.

He’s a self-made success story. He started making turkey calls by hand on his father’s work bench and by word of mouth became a huge success locally and then nationally.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I prefer the Primos trigger stick, either the monopod or bipod. Quick to adjust, etc. I don’t like tripods of any flavor.. A monopod or bipod is much easier to set up on uneven, rocky terrain. I used a guide’s Bog Pod on one elk a few years ago and getting it set up on a rocky slope was a little tricky….almost lost the shot.

I have to admit I’m a little biased though…

Sorry to hear you had an issue with Will; he’s a first cousin of my first cousin and I’ve know him since about ‘55 or ‘56. We’ve always thought of each other as blood cousins. He and I used to hunt together all the time before I went into the Navy. He loaned me his 4WD truck to retrieve one night at about 10:00. (long story). My real cousin has been with Will since the ‘70’s.

He’s a self-made success story. He started making turkey calls by hand on his father’s work bench and by word of mouth became a huge success locally and then nationally.

He might be an OK guy. Just a real asswhole the time I dealt with him.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Bog Pod and it is a nice set up, I also have Bog Pod head on another brand of tripod that works well for me. But for me it is a specialty item, there if I need it but isn't my goto for coyote hunting. I much prefer a pair of shooting sticks, light, simple and fit in my scabbard to hike to a stand.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I've used a bog pod since their inception, but the last few years I've been using trigger stick's.
While not the most stable tripod out there, the quick deployment and adjustability in any terrain makes it my choice when heading out to hunt.
Add a hog or pig saddle and life is good.
When I need to be really stable, I use a trigger stick monopod under the butt stock.
Primos sells a really nice scabbard for them.

SJC

Last edited by shoots100; 07/10/21.

If Nobody Cares about Winning, Why Do They Keep Score ?
VL
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I bought the BOG Pod for my father to use. As others have stated, it is on the heavy side and is not very quick to set up. Once you have it set, I have found it to be very stable.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I use a BogPod at the range as it is a bit heavy for this old man to be carrying around. However, I use the Trigger Stick when calling as it is a lot lighter than the Bog Pod. If you are young, healthy and strong I recommend the Bog Pod.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

BogPod for sighting-in, long range shooting and coyote sets.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
IC B3

R
R
BogPod for stationary setups all the way. Especially shooting from the deck or at the range. They are very stable compared to the trigger stick but harder to setup quickly. I think you need both.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've caried my BogPod probably 100 miles or more and shot several big game animals off it.

No complaints.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I started with a tripod Trigger Stick then it bounced out of the truck somewhere in Colorado. I replaced it with a bipod Trigger Stick and haven’t looked back for spot and stalk hunting. I prefer the bipod, as it sets up quicker than the tripod and I haven’t felt handicapped by the two legs vs three out to 525 yards.

Now, my kids need a setup for shooting from ground blinds. I’m considering a tripod Bog Pod with cradle for that scenario but it’s an entirely different need where weight and ease of setup are not as important.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
If I did true long sets for coyotes with more calling, I’d want something steadier than the Trigger stick tripos. However, since I’m running and gunning mostly at night, and stuff can happen fast, the trigger stick is the ticket. I top mine with a cradle rest, as any sort of saddle clamp would hinder more than help. I run the tall one, as I may have to shoot in taller hay fields. It also serves as my walking stick so the armadillo holes don’t put me on my face.

That’s my specific ‘niche’, though, and for longer range precision, and typical varmint use in daylight, other stuff is probably much better. I do think the short version would be handy for my spring turkey hunts and deer ground hunts in the mountains.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used the Bog Pod for a long time with great success. It was all I had and all I knew and so it was awesome!

A few years ago I obtained a Primos Tripod Trigger Stick and it was somewhat a game changer. Much quicker to set up when stalking and plenty stable enough.

I still like and use the bog pod but the trigger stick is more convenient.

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
350 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,859
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.