Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well for one thing if you must blame someone for inequality during WWII why not start with FDR? He was Commander in Chief. You can harp on history all you want but you cannot change it. Punishing whites now won’t do anything but start a race war. That’s what the liberal leftist agenda is.

Instead of carping about the wrong of the past why not look at how far we’ve come. How many average African Citizens today have big screen TV and cell phones, computers and internet access, $200 basketball sneakers, cars, trucks, running water and inside toilets? The comparison is stark and carping about inequality today is just asinine.

To defeat progressive ideology vote them out. Put your kids in charter schools or other institutions that do not teach hate and derision. Go to school board meetings and find out what they’re teaching. Vote the idiot liberals out of the school board and local leadership. The only way to survive liberalism is to destroy it at every level of society.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Any verifiable source on those "no Purple Hearts," "no GI Bill," and "no VA benefits" statements??

L.W.

https://www.militarytimes.com/milit...ce-neutral-politicos-made-sure-it-wasnt/
https://www.stripes.com/veterans/20...-99-he-got-his-Purple-Heart-1746886.html
https://www.legalservicescenter.org/dav-series-race-military-veterans/
[/quote]

JimFromTenn, thank you for those sources. They were informative, but there was some ambiguity in portions of them.

I.e., the S&S News article re the 99 year old vet who finally was awarded his Purple Heart, making it seem as though no black military men received Purple Hearts for battle wounds. Yet in The Military Times article, it features a picture of two black Marines with their Purple Hearts awarded for their wounds at Saipan, which began in June, 1944. (I have serious doubts that ANY 99 year old man or woman is nearly cognizant enough at that age to remember exactly specific events of 75 years ago. Anecdotes are not necessarily facts.) Were some black WW II vets denied Purple Hearts for combat wounds? Probably. But all? Huh uh.

It would be interesting if one could access military Purple Heart awards of WW II combat vets to determine if those awards were listed by race. I haven't the faintest idea if those records were ever compiled, nor how one would get them, but if they have been recorded, it would establish if "black combat vets" who were wounded received no P.Hs.

There is no doubt that racial prejudice and discrimination in the U.S. and U.S Military was present in the mid-1940s, And up until Pres. Truman integrated the military in 1952. I went into the Army in 1959 and there were black soldiers in training then. I was a squad leader and had three black soldiers in my squad. There were several others in my platoon. We got along well. Everyone did his job as ordered.

College discrimination? I'm sure there was in certain universities and colleges. Yet the article adds a caveat that many black vets were turned down because they had no secondary education. I would bet a lot of money that many white vets who could barely read and write (endemic back in those days) were also turned down.

Will these debates go on? Of course, but this Marxist push for Critical Race Theory is making things worse in our country, trying its best to create racial hatred. The outcome will be a disaster, in my opinion.

As I said, thanks for the links.

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 07/06/21.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
What is wrong with teaching children about racial segregation and that blacks in the military back in WWII weren't given Purple Hearts or that black soldiers did not get VA benefits or the GI Bill? What is wrong with teaching kids that blacks were denied loans based strictly on the color of their skin or that slave owners brutalized, raped, and murdered slaves. The list goes on and on. Its the history of this country. Why should we hide it?

Folks here understand what you’re saying, Jim but what is missing is the teaching of positive changes that have occurred for the better and that looking in the rear view mirror isn’t a way to go forward.

Teaching shame won’t change a thing.
Jmo.

Its history class. Are you suggesting that we leave all unpleasantness out of history class? Not only do we not teach about past racism in this country and things like the trail of tears but we shouldn't teach about Hitler and all of the atrocities associated with him.

And do you see the Irish, the Italians, the Cajuns pissing and moaning and dwelling on and reverting back to the past and dwelling upon on their mistreatment’s?

Throw in the Cherokee and the Comanche.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The intent in this is not to be of benefit to the black race. The black race is once again being used to further an agenda. What happened in colonial Africa was stirred up to remove the whites and take away the land they had lived on for years. The marxist/communist stirred the blacks up and even convinced them that if they killed enough of them Africa would revert back to the days before white men settled there. Look at things over there today. So with that being said one of the goals of the globalist/communist/new world order type is for there to be no private property in the USA. Blacks just happen to be the people being used to achieve that as they are very emotional, on the average and easy to get stirred up. Teaching this garbage will only make it all worse.

Last edited by Jim1611; 07/06/21.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The progressive fascists are trying to teach our children Critical Race Theory. This is pure racism, that whites are all racists and that blacks are victims. The NEA is fighting to force schools to teach this evil and how to oppose the parents who are against it.

Now is the time to mobilize parents against this evil. We need to protect our children and force the schools to stop teaching them to judge people based on the color of their skin. Demonstrate in front of schools to mobilize other parents. Attend every school board meeting and demand they stop CRT. Run for school boards on an anti CRT platform.

Why do we call it "progressive" when in fact it is completely regressive? I don't understand that. Returning us to tribalism is not progress. It's a regression to a terrible past.

Tarquin
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What is wrong with teaching children about racial segregation and that blacks in the military back in WWII weren't given Purple Hearts or that black soldiers did not get VA benefits or the GI Bill? What is wrong with teaching kids that blacks were denied loans based strictly on the color of their skin or that slave owners brutalized, raped, and murdered slaves. The list goes on and on. Its the history of this country. Why should we hide it?

Nothing wrong with teaching historical truth. That has always been taught. But what they're teaching now is that racism (against whites) is okay as long as you're a victim of past racism by whites. Which is to say racism is not necessarily wrong, especially when it is directed at whites. That's the message that is so objectionable. It divides us.

Tarquin
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim1611
The intent in this is not to be of benefit to the black race. The black race is once again being used to further an agenda. What happened in colonial Africa was stirred up to remove the whites and take away the land they had lived on for years. The marxist/communist stirred the blacks up and even convinced them that if they killed enough of them Africa would revert back to the days before white men settled there. Look at things over there today. So with that being said one of the goals of the globalist/communist/new world order type is for there to be no private property in the USA. Blacks just happen to be the people being used to achieve that as they are very emotional, on the average and easy to get stirred up. Teaching this garbage will only make it all worse.

Wonder what the democrat voting blacks will think when they finally figure out the demorats are determined to turn America brown and have no interest in inproving black lives.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Wonder what the democrat voting blacks will think when they finally figure out the demorats are determined to turn America brown and have no interest in inproving black lives.

The facts are that at this point in time citizens of all colors are political pawns and nothing more.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Its history class. Are you suggesting that we leave all unpleasantness out of history class? Not only do we not teach about past racism in this country and things like the trail of tears but we shouldn't teach about Hitler and all of the atrocities associated with him.

What Jim is saying is the new mischaracterization that the Corp Media is pushing to discredit those who wish to end the propagation of Critical Theory.

The suggestion is that if one denies that “systemic racism” is the thread that forms the fabric of our nations history together, then what is being advocated is a history that denies anything that America has ever done wrong.

It’s a complete lie which the Left will pump over the airwaves so long as people raise hell at school board meetings and such

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

The facts are that at this point in time citizens of all colors are political pawns and nothing more.

Yes very true but I think the black race has had more than it's share of being used by the leftist. I wish they could see what has truly been done to them.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Yes very true but I think the black race has had more than it's share of being used by the leftist. I wish they could see what has truly been done to them.

Jim, I think more blacks do see things for what they actually are than most give them credit for but they enjoy riding it along for the free benefits.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

You have just put exactly what I said into different words.

Truth.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

JimFromTenn, thank you for those sources. They were informative, but there was some ambiguity in portions of them.

I.e., the S&S News article re the 99 year old vet who finally was awarded his Purple Heart, making it seem as though no black military men received Purple Hearts for battle wounds. Yet in The Military Times article, it features a picture of two black Marines with their Purple Hearts awarded for their wounds at Saipan, which began in June, 1944. (I have serious doubts that ANY 99 year old man or woman is nearly cognizant enough at that age to remember exactly specific events of 75 years ago. Anecdotes are not necessarily facts.) Were some black WW II vets denied Purple Hearts for combat wounds? Probably. But all? Huh uh.

It would be interesting if one could access military Purple Heart awards of WW II combat vets to determine if those awards were listed by race. I haven't the faintest idea if those records were ever compiled, nor how one would get them, but if they have been recorded, it would establish if "black combat vets" who were wounded received no P.Hs.

There is no doubt that racial prejudice and discrimination in the U.S. and U.S Military was present in the mid-1940s, And up until Pres. Truman integrated the military in 1952. I went into the Army in 1959 and there were black soldiers in training then. I was a squad leader and had three black soldiers in my squad. There were several others in my platoon. We got along well. Everyone did his job as ordered.

College discrimination? I'm sure there was in certain universities and colleges. Yet the article adds a caveat that many black vets were turned down because they had no secondary education. I would bet a lot of money that many white vets who could barely read and write (endemic back in those days) were also turned down.

Will these debates go on? Of course, but this Marxist push for Critical Race Theory is making things worse in our country, trying its best to create racial hatred. The outcome will be a disaster, in my opinion.

As I said, thanks for the links.

L.W.

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that during WW2 Purple Hearts were a Company level award. Which considering the modern day army can't keep track of even Battalion level awards it doesn't surprise me that people didn't receive awards they were entitled too.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Guys,

If your high-school aged (or younger) kid is being taught critical race theory, then you are to be congratulated for having sired the Doogie Howser equivalent of the legal world. It’s legal scholarship i.e. it’s taught in law schools, not in secondary schools.

Last edited by El_CuCuy; 07/06/21.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A few thoughts:
1. Get involved and get on your kids school board.
2. Vote in every election, beginning with local elections.
3. Vote in every mid term election.

The mid term elections are critical...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by El_CuCuy
Guys,

If your high-school aged (or younger) kid is being taught critical race theory, then you are to be congratulated for having sired the Doogie Howser equivalent of the legal world. It’s legal scholarship i.e. it’s taught in law schools, not in secondary schools.

Nah.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Guys,

More semantic games.

CRT as a subject isn’t being taught in secondary schools it’s interpretation of history is being used as the presumed basis for every other topic in every subject.

This forces students not to learn the intricacies of the system, but to marinate them in it without their knowledge. To teach them would be to leave it as a theory to be proven or disproven. They’re leaving no such choice to parents or students!

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by efw
Guys,

More semantic games.

CRT as a subject isn’t being taught in secondary schools it’s interpretation of history is being used as the presumed basis for every other topic in every subject.

This forces students not to learn the intricacies of the system, but to marinate them in it without their knowledge. To teach them would be to leave it as a theory to be proven or disproven. They’re leaving no such choice to parents or students!

Yeah, it’s all just sophistry. Here’s the Harvard Law course description:

Critical Race Theory

Prerequisite: None

Exam Type: No Exam

This reading group will consider one of the newest intellectual currents within American Legal Theory - Critical Race Theory. Emerging during the 1990s, critical race scholars made many controversial claims about law and legal education - among them that race and racial inequality suffused American law and society, that structural racial subordination remained endemic, and that both liberal and critical legal theories marginalized the voices of racial minorities. Course readings will be taken from both classic works of Critical Race Theory and newer interventions in the field, as well as scholarship criticizing or otherwise engaging with Critical Race Theory from outside or at the margins of the field.

Here’s Stanford Law:

Critical Race Theory
Past Offerings

2019-2020 Winter
Critical Race Theory (7016): This course will consider one of the newest intellectual currents within American Legal Theory -- Critical Race Theory. Emerging during the 1980s, critical race scholars made many controversial claims about law and legal education -- among them that race and racial inequality suffused American law and society, that structural racial subordination remained endemic, and that both liberal and critical legal theories marginalized the voices of racial minorities. Course readings will be taken from both classic works of Critical Race Theory and newer interventions in the field, as well as scholarship criticizing or otherwise engaging with Critical Race Theory from outside or at the margins of the field. Meeting dates: The class will meet 7:15PM to 9:15PM on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (January 7, 8, and 9), and the following Monday and Tuesday (January 13 and 14). Elements used in grading: Class Participation, Written Assignments.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ERK
Look out Jim. If you start teaching that you also should teach the IQ levels of all races and the crime figures and the single mom numbers and such. Big can of worms to open. But that would be racist! Ed

Not when it's shown that its a direct result of racism throughout the history of this country.
F u c k off commie f a g g o t.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You mean other than killing 50% of the country and 90% of the media, the entertainment industry and academia?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 55 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,035
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.