Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
my son was shooting up some older factory 180 grain .40 cal FMJ yesterday and out of the last magazine, he had two failures to fire, which he ejected, and then a kaboom. He was not hurt at all, but says it was very loud and the pistol locked up tight.
He brought me the pistol, but not the cases or ammo or magazine. I managed to get the Glock apart, and it appears the recoil spring is broken. I have been shooting Glocks for years, and though I have heard of this, I have never seen it before.

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe one of the failures to fire left a little something in the barrel?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How old was spring/gun? Ever replace spring? Possible fired out of battery?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I personally know of two Glock G22 .40 cal issues. In both cases the magazine blew out the bottom of the gun, both guns locked up and both had bulged barrels. Both were police department issue and Glock replaced both guns with new pistols. Ammo was factory loaded 180 gr. FMJ, Federal if I remember correctly.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Had a buddy several years ago that had his Glock come apart at the range. I will check with him and get the details as I don't remember them off hand but it was a come apart

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
my son was shooting up some older factory 180 grain .40 cal FMJ yesterday and out of the last magazine, he had two failures to fire, which he ejected, and then a kaboom. He was not hurt at all, but says it was very loud and the pistol locked up tight.
He brought me the pistol, but not the cases or ammo or magazine. I managed to get the Glock apart, and it appears the recoil spring is broken. I have been shooting Glocks for years, and though I have heard of this, I have never seen it before.
Very glad to hear he didn't get hurt..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Talked to my buddy, his was a model 30 (45 ACP) Slide blew off the gun and went over his shoulder. He sent it to Glock and they said it looked like the case failed, it was stuck in the barrel. They sent him a new gun free of charge.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes glad he was not hurt as well.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It's almost always a .40 S&W Glock.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pappy348

My thought, too. A possible squib.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Since it failed to fire how could it have left anything in the barrel? News flas it could not

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

Since it failed to fire how could it have left anything in the barrel? News flas it could not

We have that information second hand. No telling what actually preceded the kaboom.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Perfection.............

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Without more info, the person may have said fail to fire and just racked the slide, and the empty case ejected but he did not notice the projectile was gone.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hikerbum

Without more info, the person may have said fail to fire and just racked the slide, and the empty case ejected but he did not notice the projectile was gone.

Yep.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
in this case, the fired case ejected. The case was not split. I talked to Glock USA tech rep on the phone. He said it sounds like the broken spring caused the issue. I am going to replace the guide rod/spring. Is there a better aftermarket brand to get, or is the OEM piece adequate
This particular pistol was made in 1996. My brother in law carried it as an active duty Federal officer in his last posting. Part of his job was as a firearms instructor. I talked to the BIL today, and he says that pistol probably had over 5000 rounds through it. He subsequently gave it to my Son.

Sam......

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
in this case, the fired case ejected. The case was not split. I talked to Glock USA tech rep on the phone. He said it sounds like the broken spring caused the issue. I am going to replace the guide rod/spring. Is there a better aftermarket brand to get, or is the OEM piece adequate
This particular pistol was made in 1996. My brother in law carried it as an active duty Federal officer in his last posting. Part of his job was as a firearms instructor. I talked to the BIL today, and he says that pistol probably had over 5000 rounds through it. He subsequently gave it to my Son.
Sam - just me, but I would get it fixed and then trade that item for something (read: anything) else..

Way too many stories of Glocks blowin' up... I've owned/shot a ton of various handguns over my years, but I would never touch one of those.. Just me, I'm sure... YMMV.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I agree, but then it’s not mine.

Sam......

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
That was not a "kaboom." OEM is more than adequate. It is a part that should be replaced at regular intervals.

Recoil springs can fail. Especially with a lot of use and age.
Replace recoil spring. Rock on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you send them/take them to Glock they will update to current specs no charge.

I drive them over, shipping sucks of course.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
Sam - just me, but I would get it fixed and then trade that item for something (read: anything) else..

Way too many stories of Glocks blowin' up... I've owned/shot a ton of various handguns over my years, but I would never touch one of those.. Just me, I'm sure... YMMV.

It's never been an issue with 9mm Glocks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have seen three issues with a G27.
All the same, all the same gun.

Buddy using found brass from an outdoor area the police used as a range.
Blew out the "smiley", and the mag. Stung the heck out of his fingers.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Redneck

It's never been an issue with 9mm Glocks.

No worries, I read Winchester released M1152 for sale to the public. whistle I am going to miss saying your 9x19 fmj ammo is weak like your vodka. smirk
Good topic. My Glock is over 25 years old and plastic does not age well. I hope Walther makes PDP SC soon so I can buy one.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by WTM45
That was not a "kaboom." OEM is more than adequate. It is a part that should be replaced at regular intervals.

Recoil springs can fail. Especially with a lot of use and age.
Replace recoil spring. Rock on.

This. Kabooms don't get repaired and put back into action.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Recoil Spring Assemblies (RSA's) are a consumable, and '96 means it's a Gen2, but I think it is still the dual spring.

A new OEM GLOCK RSA is all you need, and the non Gen4+ .40 will need a new one generally by 5,000 rounds anyway.

The test is:

1. Point the pistol muzzle up.
2. Pull back the slide until it sets the trigger.
3. GENTLY release the pull and ride the slide until you can let go.

If the slide DOESN'T go back into battery by spring force alone while in the vertical?

Get a new $7 OEM GLOCK RSA.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Have seen three issues with a G27.
All the same, all the same gun.

Buddy using found brass from an outdoor area the police used as a range.
Blew out the "smiley", and the mag. Stung the heck out of his fingers.

Yeah, the Gen2 Bbl. doesn't support the case all that well.

Strictly run Factory 180 gr. in my G23.2.

New since '93, with countless thousands of rounds through it, flawlessly.

GR

S
S
I would call Glock and inquire about sending the pistol to them to inspect. I've heard they'll take old Glocks, for example, and make sure they have all the updates they may need. I have heard of some .40 S&W issues with Glock in the past since the pistol was designed as a 9mm, not a .40 S&W or .357 SIG (as opposed to a Glock 20, 29, or 30 which were designed around the 10mm and .45 ACP cartridges. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to play it safe and see what they have to say.

Last edited by Sheepdoggit; 07/07/21.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Slavek
My Glock is over 25 years old and plastic does not age well.
Now that's funny!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

NRA Endowment Member

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sheepdoggit
I would call Glock and inquire about sending the pistol to them to inspect. I've heard they'll take old Glocks, for example, and make sure they have all the updates they may need. I have heard of some .40 S&W issues with Glock in the past since the pistol was designed as a 9mm, not a .40 S&W or .357 SIG (as opposed to a Glock 20, 29, or 30 which were designed around the 10mm and .45 ACP cartridges. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to play it safe and see what they have to say.

Yeah, Glock wanted to beat S&W to the punch by getting a .40 S&W chambered model out before them, so they simply put a new barrel, extractor, and magazine on the Model 17 and, voilà, objective achieved. Every other company came out with a .40 S&W specific design, and then standardized that model for both 9mm and .40 S&W, so you had overbuilt 9mms, and .40 S&W models strong enough to withstand the pressures.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yeah, Glock wanted to beat S&W to the punch by getting a .40 S&W chambered model out before them, so they simply put a new barrel, extractor, and magazine on the Model 17 and, voilà, objective achieved. Every other company came out with a .40 S&W specific design, and then standardized that model for both 9mm and .40 S&W, so you had overbuilt 9mms, and .40 S&W models strong enough to withstand the pressures.

Glock addressed that problem with Gen V .40 guns. Naturally many Glock fans do not like it because new guns are heaver and do not fit into previous generation plastic holsters. As a side note certain guns were made with superior strength/wear resistance? steel barrels. Those have dot inside pentagon stamp on the barrel (Gen 3 and Gen4?). This is what Glock guys say dot stands for, however, I do not know where their information comes from. I have never handled gun with dot only seen pictures.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Savuti

Perfection.............

LMAO that is good.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sent my G23.2 back to the mothership for a tune-up, as it had some rusty springs anyway.

Funny story.

Broke the pistol down and shipped it to'em in a home-made box ~ the size of a small paperback book.

They returned it, gratis, work included, in a new storage box, in the center slot of a 5-pistol shipping case as big as a large microwave oven.

Ha!

GR

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If you send one back in with aftermarket parts, what do they do? If they put it back factory, do they return you parts to you?
I have a Ghost trigger in mine and would hate to go back to factory

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If you send one back in with aftermarket parts, what do they do? If they put it back factory, do they return you parts to you?
I have a Ghost trigger in mine and would hate to go back to factory

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glocks are one of the easiest and least expensive parts, guns to work on! I wouldn't bother sending one in unless it had a catastrophic failure.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

I have read that the 10mm Glock is the worst about "KB malfunctions", the .40 is a close second. .45 sometimes, and the 9mm is usually trouble free in this area. The theory is that it has something to do with the pressure curve of the 10mm and .40.... or something like that....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

They are both loaded to the same pressure - 35k PSI.

The .40, however, has a higher std. pressure muzzle energy, w/ a resultant increase in recoil and slide velocity.

The Gen 4 GLOCKs were the re-engineered model to address the .40.

That's why there were so many 9mm problems with'em.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stophel

I have read that the 10mm Glock is the worst about "KB malfunctions", the .40 is a close second. .45 sometimes, and the 9mm is usually trouble free in this area. The theory is that it has something to do with the pressure curve of the 10mm and .40.... or something like that....

The problem w/ the .40 is bullet setback.

Because it is an optimized cartridge, it has very little excess case capacity.

Even a 10 Thousands set-back will raise the chamber pressure dramatically.

I only shoot reputable factory .40.

GR

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It was with the Gen 3 guns the extra pin was added and the chamber was given more cartridge support.
Gen 5 increased slide weight through increased dimensions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WTM45
It was with the Gen 3 guns the extra pin was added and the chamber was given more cartridge support.
Gen 5 increased slide weight through increased dimensions.

The Gen 4 is where GLOCK addressed the recoil impulse of the .40, among other things, by abandoning the flat wire single spring in favor of the dual spring on compact and service models.

It was initially a little over-sprung for the std. pressure 9mm, and resulted in a lot of BTF issues.

GR

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The Gen3 Glock 27 already had the dual recoil spring assembly. It was a steel base upgrade to the Gen 2.5 G27 RSA which had a polymer base.
Gen 3 4 5 share the same RSA part number.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Garandimal

The .40, however, has a higher std. pressure muzzle energy, w/ a resultant increase in recoil and slide velocity.

The .40 simply has a larger diameter case and case head which results in more hoop stress and bolt thrust at the same pressure. 27% more area = 27% more stress and thrust.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

GR

The 9mm problem with the Gen 4 was solved by changing to a slightly weaker recoil spring.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

GR

The 9mm problem with the Gen 4 was solved by changing to a slightly weaker recoil spring.

Sometimes "Perfection"... requires a bit of adjustment.

8>)

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JOG

The .40 simply has a larger diameter case and case head which results in more hoop stress and bolt thrust at the same pressure. 27% more area = 27% more stress and thrust.

F=MA.

Same pressure, larger piston/heavier bullet.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm glad that your son is OK.

It sounds like this was not a "kaboom" though. Kaboom, to me, means a catastrophic failure of some sort. And likely related to a design or QC issue with the firearm or ammunition.

The issue that your son experienced, sounds like a maintenance issue. The pistol has a spring-mass system, and the spring sounds like it was worn and perhaps the reason why he had two failures to fire. Some semi-autos will release the striker even if the slide is not 100% in battery. If it is too far out, it won't fire. But if it's in that in-between zone, some of the energy will go towards moving the slide forward instead of being directed towards the primer. You can confirm this with any semi-auto pistol, unloaded of course. See how far out of complete battery that it will release the striker.

Anyway, if the RSA was worn and resulted in what I speculated above for the failures to fire, but then the slide was 100% in battery for the next attempt, then there was no kaboom. The pistol just had a compromised spring, in the spring-mass system. There simply wasn't enough slide mass to compensate for the weakened spring.

I remember hearing claims of the Glock 21 having a reputation for kabooms, but I don't know if those were real either. And as far as I know, the early Glocks in 40 S&W had reputations for being unreliable, especially with WML, and long-term durability issues, but not kabooms per se.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Glock addressed that problem with Gen V .40 guns. Naturally many Glock fans do not like it because new guns are heaver and do not fit into previous generation plastic holsters. As a side note certain guns were made with superior strength/wear resistance? steel barrels. Those have dot inside pentagon stamp on the barrel (Gen 3 and Gen4?). This is what Glock guys say dot stands for, however, I do not know where their information comes from. I have never handled gun with dot only seen pictures.

how do you manage to get through life being so stupid

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I am having the devil's own time finding a replacement guide rod/spring assembly. Glock says they don't sell to the public any more. Brownells, Midway, Lone Wolf, Glock Store and a host of others don't have the part. Gen 1, 2 or 3 will fit. Gen 4 or 5 won't. Glock Model 27.
Anyone of y'all have one that you would part with? Know anyone with one for sale?

Sam......

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ebay

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am having the devil's own time finding a replacement guide rod/spring assembly. Glock says they don't sell to the public any more. Brownells, Midway, Lone Wolf, Glock Store and a host of others don't have the part. Gen 1, 2 or 3 will fit. Gen 4 or 5 won't. Glock Model 27.
Anyone of y'all have one that you would part with? Know anyone with one for sale?

Glock should support their product. The below link may be an option for you. Otherwise I would look for the spring itself and replace it instead of the rod if its in good condition? https://www.centennialdefensesystem...sembly-For-Gen-1-5-Glock-2627_p_695.html

Last edited by Esox357; 07/21/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Try ssguiderods.com. They are in Florida.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Give these guys a call.

https://www.edspublicsafety.com/contact/

Super large seller/distributor, and they are almost in Glock's "backyard."

You need OEM part number 2211

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Sam, I believe (but it’s been quite a long time) that when I got a heavier recoil spring and steel guide rod for my Glock 20, I got everything from Wolfe Gunsprings…may even trigger/striker parts. Might be worth a look.

Mathew 22: 37-39

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I love glocks but i did have one kinda kaboom. Brand new g23 gen 4, shooting factory federal hydroshock ammo. Was on the 3rd magazine. My best guess is it somehow fired out of battery, the the casing looked
like a backwards 357 sig if you can imagine that, the case was bulged out at the base near the rim. When it happened it blew the extractor and spring into no mans land (never found em) I han a minor burn from escaping powder i guess and lots of recoil. I sent it into Glock and they fixed it, of course they blamed the ammo but when i got it back its ran perfectly

Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nate40
I love glocks but i did have one kinda kaboom. Brand new g23 gen 4, shooting factory federal hydroshock ammo. Was on the 3rd magazine. My best guess is it somehow fired out of battery, the the casing looked
like a backwards 357 sig if you can imagine that, the case was bulged out at the base near the rim. When it happened it blew the extractor and spring into no mans land (never found em) I han a minor burn from escaping powder i guess and lots of recoil. I sent it into Glock and they fixed it, of course they blamed the ammo but when i got it back its ran perfectly

You are brave. If same happened to me I would replace that gun with something from different manufacturer.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I have an old friend, retired gunsmith and Glock specialist looking through his boxes of stuff. I back ordered a Lone Wolf guide rod/captured spring which may be in stock with them next month. I could not find any sort of spring at any price in stock yesterday.

Sam......

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
This shows to be in stock but does not mention which Gen or all generations. I don’t know but it might be worth a look.
https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/ssgrg26

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
akpls, I want to thank you for the heads up on ssguiderods.com. They had the correct guide rod/spring in stock, and have already shipped. $43 out the door. They were a pleasure to deal with.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pretty sure the FBI quit using 147 gr Hydra's due to excessive pressure issues

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You are brave. If same happened to me I would replace that gun with something from different manufacturer.

Most likely was the ammo.

If it was runnin' fine right before.

They make ammo by the million-rounds, plus the shipping/handling/storing.

Whereas every Glock is test-fired, and, as stated, was runnin' fine.

What part broke/malfunctioned to cause it?

Go easy on the FUD until you know something.

GR

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

GR

Perhaps it was the ammo, but we will never know for sure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

GR

Perhaps it was the ammo, but we will never know for sure.

Have had Compact G23 .40 Glocks since the early '90's.

From Gen2 to Gen4.

Currently, three Gen4's

Thousands upon thousands of rounds.

All factory.

Know of many w/ thousands upon thousands of rounds down their G23.4's as well.

0.0 issues/problems.

The .40, especially the 180 gr. load, can produce a high pressure condition due to bullet set-back.

A bad case/load, of any cartridge, can produce catastrophic problems.

Both thing to watch for and avoid, especially in a Tupperware pistol.

GR

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Redneck: I qualified 4 times a year for 9 years right next to 19 (20 position pistol range) other officers at a time firing factory ammunition out of their issued Glock Model 22's in 40 S&W and I NEVER saw a "kaboom"!
PERIOD!
Not only that in all of those thousands of rounds I was seeing shot and shot myself I saw only 1 (ONE!) F.T.F. and that occurred as a 95 pound "police woman" who "limp wristed" her Glock - and the range officer immediately ceased fire for all on the line and fired the Glock pistol immediately and repeatedly himself with NO problems. Instruction was given to the 95 pound "affirmitive action" officer (who by the way was required by the State of Washington to sit on a 4" thick pillow/pad when driving all vehicles!).
Anyway after instruction she had no more F.T.F.'s.
Over those 9 years I was using the Glocks and qualifying with them I am sure our department (1,100 officers at the times) fired several hundred thousand rounds (maybe a million?) of factory ammunition through those 1,100 Glock Model 22's and never a "kaboom" was reported!
I think your concerns are greatly over-rated and your contention regarding the Glock Model 22's is greatly undeserved.
In short "bad mouthing" Glock Model 22's in 40 S&W by you is falling on "deaf ears" of this VERY experienced Glock shooter/enthusiast as I have been using/shooting/buying them for 30 plus years now!
And some other models for going on 40 years now.
To each their own I guess?
Long live Glock.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If i were buying a new .40 cal handgun it would not be a Glock.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
When Louisville Metro switched over to the Glock 22, they bought them from a local police supply place/Glock distributor, who also was a Fiocchi ammo distributor, and he sold a helluva lot of that ammo. I know several folks who bought the Glocks and a bunch of Fiocchi ammo to use "because that's what the cops used" and it was very remarkable that nearly to a man they had a lot of Kabooms. That was traced to the Fiocchi ammo which had thin case heads (Louisville Metro carried Federal ammo, so they didn't experience those Kabooms!) that the everyday shooter was having.
I have no idea if Fiocchi has fixed their ammo or not, I haven't ever bought any of their centerfire stuff (and most of the rimfire stuff sold here is contracted out to CCI, except their fancier match stuff).
But YES, Glock 22s have Kaboomed a LOT, at least here in the Kentucky/Indiana area, I've seen it happen with my own eyes.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Nope, the FBI quit using the 147 gr. Federal Hydra-Shok because the contract ran out and the new contract was won by a different load.

Actually, they didn't just "quit". The loading continued to be authorized until supplies were exhausted.

I am unaware of any pressure issues the FBI experienced with 147 gr. Federal Hydra-Shok.

I hope this prevents an Internet rumor.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BufordBoone
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Nope, the FBI quit using the 147 gr. Federal Hydra-Shok because the contract ran out and the new contract was won by a different load.

Actually, they didn't just "quit". The loading continued to be authorized until supplies were exhausted.

I am unaware of any pressure issues the FBI experienced with 147 gr. Federal Hydra-Shok.

I hope this prevents an Internet rumor.

147 what??

9mm or .40 caliber??

Most kabooms I have ever heard of occurred in a .40 caliber gun.

Please feel free to correct me if this is not the case.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yesterday the Lone Wolf stainless steel guide rod and spring assembly came by mail. It snapped right into position. My son tried it out today, and everything is good.

Sam......

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt

147 what??

9mm or .40 caliber??

Sorry, the original post was about a .40. The Federal 147 referred to is a 9mm round. I am not aware of any 147 gr. .40 loadings that have ever been used by the FBI. My mistake in not specifying.

I am aware of guns blowing up in both 9 and .40. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying "Most" for either caliber. This is simply an admission of "I don't know".

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BufordBoone
Originally Posted by local_dirt

147 what??

9mm or .40 caliber??

Sorry, the original post was about a .40. The Federal 147 referred to is a 9mm round. I am not aware of any 147 gr. .40 loadings that have ever been used by the FBI. My mistake in not specifying.

I am aware of guns blowing up in both 9 and .40. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying "Most" for either caliber. This is simply an admission of "I don't know".

No worries. Thank you. I thought you were referring to 9mm when you said 147. I wasn't aware of any factory load in .40 at 147.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

173 members (444Matt, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 23 invisible), 1,777 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,176
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.