Hop To
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Whatda think? Fish & game departments, state tourism departments etc for running shows, YouTube videos?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I sure hope not.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Judman
Whatda think? Fish & game departments, state tourism departments etc for running shows, YouTube videos?

I don't know why they would. There really aren't any secrets. People know Iowa or Kansas or Buff County WI have monster deer - why would they compensate a hunting show (at the state level) to let others know what people already know?

Of what value is the youtuber to the state conservation agency?

Now those dumb Game Warden TV shows - I bet they do. I mean it's "good will" explaining what GW's do to protect wildlife to people who might not interact with them but I'm guessing only 2 people watch hunting on youtube - hunters who already know and anti-hunters ready to pounce in the comments. Don't see the DNR getting much value out of that.

Me

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would bet probably so.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Judman

I don't know why they would. There really aren't any secrets. People know Iowa or Kansas or Buff County WI have monster deer - why would they compensate a hunting show (at the state level) to let others know what people already know?

Of what value is the youtuber to the state conservation agency?

Now those dumb Game Warden TV shows - I bet they do. I mean it's "good will" explaining what GW's do to protect wildlife to people who might not interact with them but I'm guessing only 2 people watch hunting on youtube - hunters who already know and anti-hunters ready to pounce in the comments. Don't see the DNR getting much value out of that.

Teal, think of the license/application fees they collect. Dunno if you hunt the western states or not, most states make you purchase the license prior to applying, then bonus point fees. These “how to” shows have laid into right in folks laps. Ask firstcoueswas80” about the affects. Look at Montana, New Mexico, Idaho. Record amounts of applications.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Those youtube sensations that pimp out public lands should pay a $10 k video permit to exploit our public lands. Obtained from the state's fish and game offices. good for 7 days. The proceeds used for conservation and predator control and to fight anti hunting groups

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jud, quit dancing. You're talking about the Randy Newberg rumor. Rumor is he got large sums of money for this. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...rizona-coues-quail-javelina#Post13528801. The dollar amount in the rumor will make your head spin. Surely its not true, but neither would it surprise me if true.

Randy could easily set the record straight. Maybe he will chime in. If he doesn't, I am even more suspicious.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ribka
Those youtube sensations that pimp out public lands should pay a $10 k video permit to exploit our public lands. Obtained from the state's fish and game offices. good for 7 days. The proceeds used for conservation and predator control and to fight anti hunting groups

10k? That's only fractions of the $ in play rumor has it but it's a very strong rumor...

If AZGFD used funds raised by hunters or tax dollars and paid people to promote AZ public lands?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by ribka

10k? That's only fractions of the $ in play rumor has it but it's a very strong rumor...

If AZGFD used funds raised by hunters or tax dollars and paid people to promote AZ public lands?

If true goes to show how corrupt and what a joke he is. It wouldn’t surprise me. Love to learn the truth

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Scratch that, let's call it what it is. It's no rumor.

AZGFD, whom I pay large amounts of money to annually, paid YouTube and hunting personalities to come to AZ and film hunting shows. So, I actually am supporting my hunting being literally taken away via a govenment agency with zero say in the matter other than to not hunt or fish in my home state.

This, along with countless other issues, draw process, overcharging CC's, I could go on for hours of the things that happen every draw cycle, is why my state's game management system is literally the laughing stock of the entire west. It's sickening and embarrassing.

- Greg

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Greg, you are On your Own. This is as Real as it Gets. Randy Newberg (Sellout) Hunter leaving Fresh Tracks to a unit near you!

I remember Randy claiming his show didn't affect hunter traffic or draw odds in the AZ unit where he was hunting. Now we know he was paid to do exactly that. Sad.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jay Scott podcast 552.784 with Chris Roe. Go to the 1:15 mark. Jay Scott blisters them, to my surprise (them = those groups in Randy's AZ series). Good for him.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Is it 80k annually Randy or thus far for a few years "work"?

- Greg

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jay didn't get into amounts. But Jay said if he got paid and hunts were cancelled he'd give the money back.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Scratch that, let's call it what it is. It's no rumor.

AZGFD, whom I pay large amounts of money to annually, paid YouTube and hunting personalities to come to AZ and film hunting shows. So, I actually am supporting my hunting being literally taken away via a govenment agency with zero say in the matter other than to not hunt or fish in my home state.

This, along with countless other issues, draw process, overcharging CC's, I could go on for hours of the things that happen every draw cycle, is why my state's game management system is literally the laughing stock of the entire west. It's sickening and embarrassing.

holy phug. You should join BHA, Buzzy says they fight for hunters' rights.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Jay didn't get into amounts. But Jay said if he got paid and hunts were cancelled he'd give the money back.

Holee $-__&$#_....

I'll listen in AM on the road.. .

- Greg

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Newberg may or may not have a good time in AZ next year once the public hears this....

https://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/102291-azgfd-paying-youtubers/

Everyone knows where he hunts and where he stays. It's broadcast all over the place and come to find out, on purpose.

And AZGFD banning trail cameras was because of violence?

I'm literally shaking my head.....

Randy should return the money. Hunts are now being cancelled thanks to him.....

- Greg

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Called them hypocrites.

Originally Posted by ctsmith

Holee $-__&$#_....

I'll listen in AM on the road.. .

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Im going to try emailing AZ fish and Game regarding this. If they don't respond try a FOIA request.

Ive giving them thousands of dollars over the years .

Last edited by ribka; 07/08/21.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good luck on the FOIA. I'll try it again along with 10k other people....

- Greg

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

696 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 72 invisible), 3,041 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.