Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Trying to identify and place a value on a turbine pump and GE 10HP motor setup. Any help appreciated.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Check out the Capital Press classifieds, ag paper, west coast. Maybe call Larry at 541-891-1126, he is an ag driller in Klamath Basin. Good time to sell a pump down there with phony water shutoff from Klamath Reclamation Project.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Are those for very deep wells?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
They can pump water from just as deep as your bank account will go.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
That is a bit on the small side of what my Son in Law does for a living. He often installs 200 hp plus. We were just discussing a series of three commercial wells he did for a customer which deliver 1600 GPM each.

But sometimes he works with little stuff.

He could probably give you an idea of value if he had some knowledge of:
manufacturer of motor
age of motor
condition of motor
hours on motor
power requirements for motor (three phase?)
manufacturer of pump
age of pump
condition of bearings
condition of impellers

But actually the market for an old used pump is going to be very limited. By the time one pays for all the work to install a deep well pump, why would one take a chance on an unknown used pump. If it quits in a week or a month, you have to pay to get the pump guys back with their crane to pull it and put in a new one and pay for the new pump anyway.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Check out the Capital Press classifieds, ag paper, west coast. Maybe call Larry at 541-891-1126, he is an ag driller in Klamath Basin. Good time to sell a pump down there with phony water shutoff from Klamath Reclamation Project.

Thanks flintlocke. I tried calling Larry but no answer and no message machine. I'll try later. Really appreciate the contact.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
That is a bit on the small side of what my Son in Law does for a living. He often installs 200 hp plus. We were just discussing a series of three commercial wells he did for a customer which deliver 1600 GPM each.

But sometimes he works with little stuff.

He could probably give you an idea of value if he had some knowledge of:
manufacturer of motor
age of motor
condition of motor
hours on motor
power requirements for motor (three phase?)
manufacturer of pump
age of pump
condition of bearings
condition of impellers

But actually the market for an old used pump is going to be very limited. By the time one pays for all the work to install a deep well pump, why would one take a chance on an unknown used pump. If it quits in a week or a month, you have to pay to get the pump guys back with their crane to pull it and put in a new one and pay for the new pump anyway.

I have researched the only numbers on the pump case and no luck, no manufacturer tag on the top side, maybe something underneath not showing, too hot to go horse that schit around at the moment, can't even touch it it's so hot! Motor is a 10HP single phase GE. Spins smooth but that's all I can tell ya. I don't know the condition of any of it. It was on a residential well. I just don't want it to go to the scrap yard if it has any value.

LOL
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
deduct value for single phase
deduct value for non-identifiable pump

I would probably advertise the 10 hp motor and see if I got any hits, and haul the pump to the recycler. I will ask SIL's opinion and let you know if it is different.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
There is a whole lot of the end of the road rural west not served by 3 phase power, making single phase the only game in town other than diesel line shaft pumps...and none of that going on with the price of diesel. The drilling business is going nuts, Larry and Lorraine are trying to retire...over the 4th of July weekend, she turned down 26 potential jobs. Larry is helping a young man get started up in La Pine, he is booked solid with 3 months work ahead right now. anyway, try him again in the evening..he is working down near Macdoel CA for a few days, probably no cell service, the Tennant Fire is going down there and the USFS has priority on the cell tower.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Okay, I asked the SIL. He said list it all at $1000 and maybe the right guy will see the ad.

And maybe in six months you will be selling the whole kit by the pound down at the scrapper.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Okay, I asked the SIL. He said list it all at $1000 and maybe the right guy will see the ad.

And maybe in six months you will be selling the whole kit by the pound down at the scrapper.

Thank you sir! Thank you for your effort on my behalf.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We had a 100HP one that was used as a lift pump to flood bogs on the other side of a road. It fed a 1/4 mile of 10" drisco from a sump hole on a canal. It could flood 38 acres of bog in a couple days. They can also be used to dewater where a permanent solution is required to quickly handle seasonal flooding. Single phase could be a plus as it avoids demand charges levied on 3P in some commercial/ag markets.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kingston
We had a 100HP one that was used as a lift pump to flood bogs on the other side of a road. It fed a 1/4 mile of 10" drisco from a sump hole on a canal. It could flood 38 acres of bog in a couple days. They can also be used to dewater where a permanent solution is required to quickly handle seasonal flooding. Single phase could be a plus as it avoids demand charges levied on 3P in some commercial/ag markets.

Yet...

You are still a Covidiot

LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Double that based on reputation of source

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
$1,000 ain’t schidt especially out in fugking Liberal Land LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
deduct value for single phase
deduct value for non-identifiable pump

I would probably advertise the 10 hp motor and see if I got any hits, and haul the pump to the recycler. I will ask SIL's opinion and let you know if it is different.

You think someone is actually listening to your Boomer non grilling azz ? Get real LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

If you haven’t run it yet you might want to meg the windings for integrity or just use a good ohm meter.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

If you haven’t run it yet you might want to meg the windings for integrity or just use a good ohm meter.

You know you wanna slobber all over it and feel the intensity of the tingle . LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

You know you wanna slobber all over it and feel the intensity of the tingle . LMAO

Yeah, yeah, we all understand you know all the tricks for getting and keeping dudes hard.

Keeping your skills a secret, would be appreciated.

#SucksItForFreeCuzHesAManBaller

LMAO

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Beaver just went 360 deg and ran in tha ditch

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 57 invisible), 3,352 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,297
Posts18,468,035
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.