Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...s-conservative-laura-loomer-owning-guns/

Laura Looked, former conservative Florida Congressional candidate BANNED from owning firearm. No reason why was given.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
BP-B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
And they will just lay down and take it without no help from conservatives, right?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Somebody's not telling everything...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She should have a right to see the paper on why she was put in the NICS system.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I've found that those who legitimately have a clean record don't give up fighting a bad NICS response. That being said, I've known quite a few Denied that thought that those youthful indiscretions didn't count after a few decades. When I say that I've known them, they were customers when I worked in a gun store, not personally.

IC B2

C
C
She’s banned by an instant gun check??
Doesn’t make sense? More to the story??

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I've found that those who legitimately have a clean record don't give up fighting a bad NICS response. That being said, I've known quite a few Denied that thought that those youthful indiscretions didn't count after a few decades. When I say that I've known them, they were customers when I worked in a gun store, not personally.

I had just turned 16 the month prior to breaking into a gas station and stealing cigarettes. I plead guilty as a youthful offender and was given 5 weekends in County Jail. My record was supposed to have been expunged when I turned 18. I joined the Navy at 17. I asked the recruiter if I needed to mention it. He said no, so I didn't. I had been in Boot Camp a few weeks when I was called to JAG and asked why I neglected to tell this. I told them what my recruiter told me and I was allowed to stay in. Fast forward to last year. I applied for a Suppressor and was denied after 13 months. I requested my FBI file and sure enough there it was. I had a hearing Friday and my petition to expunge and seal that record was granted. I told the judge all I wanted was a clean FBI file and he told me that I would be given that with Friday's ruling. This all started 52 years ago.

I have only bought 2 guns from an FFL. Both of these were after I had gotten my CHL (I was also asked about my juvenile record but approved) and did not go through an NCIS check due to the CHL. It amazed me that something so long ago would still cause so much problems in today's world.

Jim

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Originally Posted by UPhiker

I had just turned 16 the month prior to breaking into a gas station and stealing cigarettes. I plead guilty as a youthful offender and was given 5 weekends in County Jail. My record was supposed to have been expunged when I turned 18. I joined the Navy at 17. I asked the recruiter if I needed to mention it. He said no, so I didn't. I had been in Boot Camp a few weeks when I was called to JAG and asked why I neglected to tell this. I told them what my recruiter told me and I was allowed to stay in. Fast forward to last year. I applied for a Suppressor and was denied after 13 months. I requested my FBI file and sure enough there it was. I had a hearing Friday and my petition to expunge and seal that record was granted. I told the judge all I wanted was a clean FBI file and he told me that I would be given that with Friday's ruling. This all started 52 years ago.

I have only bought 2 guns from an FFL. Both of these were after I had gotten my CHL (I was also asked about my juvenile record but approved) and did not go through an NCIS check due to the CHL. It amazed me that something so long ago would still cause so much problems in today's world.

Jim
Interesting story. I'm glad you shared. I had one customer who was caught moonshining in GA 50+ years ago. I'm sure that many of us who had any "fun" in our teenage years would be in the same boat as you, had we been caught.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There is more to the story. She’s not exactly clean as a whistle.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I can tell you. I know people who can't pass a NICS check for having 1 DUI, or for steeling. And no, when they deign you they won't tell you why the denied you, even if you request to know why. I got constantly denied and delayed with no prior record. I had to go get finger printed by the FBI to get a UPIN number so I could buy a firearm, even though I had never committed a crime. I think that is the ATFs way of creating their database to include fingerprints of people who purchase firearms. No one could give me an explanation of why I was getting denied. Yes all the paperwork was filled out properly every time.

Now that it's come out that the ATF has been building a database of gun owners, it's starting to make more sense.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,903 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.