Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hal4son
Walking through the clothes racks full of fur is pretty cool. Google Anchorage fur.

alaska Fur Exchange, Tudor at Old Seward...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Stay at the Captain Cook, eat at Club Paris, drink at the Bush Company, take a walk around Lake Clark and talk to the floatplane guys fixing up their aircraft. That will fill up 2 days. This is all based on my last trip in 2006.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Limapapa
Stay at the Captain Cook, eat at Club Paris, drink at the Bush Company, take a walk around Lake Clark and talk to the floatplane guys fixing up their aircraft. That will fill up 2 days. This is all based on my last trip in 2006.

I had a hunting lodge on "Lake Clark" I can speak with some amount of conviction, your going to need more then a few days to walk there, from Anchorage. I am fairly sure you meant "LAKE HOOD".

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You're right. My bad.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Sullivan's serves several great steaks, a wedge salad, and many Scotch offerings. If you want to buy authentic native carvings, scrimshaw and other art, believe it or not the main hospital has a gift shop featuring it. It is brought in from the boroughs by natives getting healthcare. Good prices.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Drink beer and eat king crab at Humpy's.

It's been a few years since I was there last. Hopefully it's still good...and still cheap.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The finest restaurant in town is The Marx Brothers Cafe. Best steak is at Club Paris (get your filet stuffed with blue cheese - trust me), take a walk (or run) on the coastal trail, drive down to Girdwood (Alyeska ski mountain town) and eat at the Double Musky (might see sheep and belugas at/near Beluga Point on your drive), order the sourdough pancakes for breakfast at the Captain Cook, watch the sun go down behind Mt. Susitna in the bar at Simon & Seaforts, try to find your favorite brew at Humpys, have a drink at F Street Station, eat a pizza at The Moose's Tooth restaurant (tell them your name is Rafael when checking in), shop at the Oomingmak Store.

Anchorage has unfortunately turned into a sh*t hole in the past few years thanks to incompetent "progressive" city leadership. But if you can overlook the bums on the streets around town the city still has some very nice things to offer.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dodge tweakers and bums?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Tell your outfit they charged yah too much and that they should take u out for a complimentary night on the town.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 07/18/21.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Last time I was at the ABC watched a young guy in lust for a beautiful stripper. I over heard him ask her..................what can I do to convince you to come home with me? She said, thats easy, give me $500. By then he was out of money having spent it all on Champagne cocktails and lap dances on her.

Double Musky for the win, coconut salmon appetizer, Pepper Steak entre, and Double Musky pie for dessert. If pizza if you game go to Moose's Tooth.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by John_Havard
The finest restaurant in town is The Marx Brothers Cafe. Best steak is at Club Paris (get your filet stuffed with blue cheese - trust me), take a walk (or run) on the coastal trail, drive down to Girdwood (Alyeska ski mountain town) and eat at the Double Musky (might see sheep and belugas at/near Beluga Point on your drive), order the sourdough pancakes for breakfast at the Captain Cook, watch the sun go down behind Mt. Susitna in the bar at Simon & Seaforts, try to find your favorite brew at Humpys, have a drink at F Street Station, eat a pizza at The Moose's Tooth restaurant (tell them your name is Rafael when checking in), shop at the Oomingmak Store.

Anchorage has unfortunately turned into a sh*t hole in the past few years thanks to incompetent "progressive" city leadership. But if you can overlook the bums on the streets around town the city still has some very nice things to offer.

At Club Paris the steaks are great, and the blue cheese is outstanding... the secret is to get it on the side. You get about twice as much...
At F Street Station you can get deep fried halibut in regular and Texas-size portions. Texas-sized is about half the regular size.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Restaurants to avoid in Anchorage:
South... ex-mayor and lib buddies own it and got special treatment during the shutdown. Very pretentious and expensive even for what it pretends to be. They have made seriou efforts in the bar.

Snow City Cafe... some of the same owners...

Spenard Roadhouse... same thing

Crush... wine bar... man buns here look more like ttwat knots. Same group of owners... during the shutdown they closed a street to allow them to put up a tent for "outdoor dining" during the winter. The board making decisions on such things includes one of the owners. Some restaurants were denied when applying for a permit to put up a tent 100% on their own property.

Sullivan's... very pretentious with a total ala carte menu. Plan on about a hundred per head for a steak and very limited drinks. I have never had a great steak there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It''s beena year or so since I last ate there but Haute Quarter Grill has great food and a very nice bar. One of the previous owners, Alex Perez opened his own place called Table 6 but our highly revered assemblies decisions to not allow dine-in eating cost him his business, I believe his ex-wife Lynn still owns and operates Haute Quarter Grill.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I recently spend six weeks in Alaska, put 5,000 miles on the rental car. Denali is about 4 hours north, you can always go to Homer, a great scenic drive. Seward and Wittier are good too, Seward is better. Talkeetna is a good day trip also.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I recently spent 52 years in Alaska, put on a unknown amount of miles in many "Supercubs".

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Explore area and drive to Homer...Museum is really nice as is A
laska zoo..Go see little houses built over graves ..

Last edited by ManyMoons; 07/23/21.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If you're in to museums the Alaska Museum of Science and Nature has some outstanding displays. Captain Cook's logbook, seal skin boats, Inuit halibut hooks...etc. Very cool. Zoo was just okay imho.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had a great hunt on Kodiak Island several years ago. I also got to fish for Silver Salmon. My outfitter informed me that he would have to fly me back to Anchorage 2 days early because of a huge storm front moving in.

When I got back to Anchorage there was not a Hotel room to be found and I had 2 days before my flight home.........I spent 2 solid days in "The Great Alaskan Bush Company"...........WOW Was Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been in a Gentlemans Club since, but have ZERO regrets about the time I spent there.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
drive up to walsilla and eat at Trouts

Live by the CODE...…….Ride for the brand.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Breakfast on the morning train to Seward. Boat tour to fijords, islands with dinner stop at an island lodge on the way back.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1badf350, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,672
Posts18,456,039
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.