-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't mind the noise of constant shooting.

Oddly enough - yesterday I picked up 2 boxes of 45 Colt (cowboy loads) locally. They had another 15 boxes on the shelf along with a pile of 224 Valkyrie, 10 boxes of 65. Creedmoor, 10-15 boxes of 10mm bear loads and maybe 100 boxes of 9mm.

Me

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a neighbor with a 1,000 yard range.
He often has his kids and friends over for shoot fests.
When they were having big shoot days the wife would let me know so I could tell my horseback riders to hang on tight...šŸ˜
Ammo shortage sucks ass.

Proud NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Iā€™ve never experienced one. But in general they suck and create all kinds of [bleep]

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Lots of noise on my property, no neighbors close, although we watch for weird traffic & keep an eye out for poachers. The last 2 weekends we shot some Tannerite pounders while meat was grillin, I get a Kick outta them going off on the shoreline.
This weekend gonna shoot some 2 pounders. Price has come down on it because people can't get ammo apparently. LOL

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All 3 of my adult children like to shoot.

Iā€™m hoping they never experience an ammo shortage.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by CBB
I have a new neighbor that has gun shy dogs. She beeeeeches when I shoot. The solution was I text her before I shoot. She's harmless enough. Then on the 4th of July wife and I were watching the other neighbors shoot fireworks. Crazy biotch pulls put of her driveway to go the half mile and complain about the fireworks.

Some people have a lot of nerve...

Now the same pita neighbor is parking on the edge of my land without asking...

I'm thinking it's time to shoot a couple 30rd mags without texting and tell them they park on land without asking. Why should I extend the courtesy of a warning before gunfire??

Courtesy is never a mistake. Good on you for trying. Maybe ask her if she wants to shoot your 22 sometime. She's obviously got much bigger problems than you. At least her dogs aren't pooping in your yard.

Maybe she is lonely

Last edited by OldHat; 07/12/21.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Ammo shortage has not affected the free public range 2 miles away. It has affected my neighbor's daily 5:00 bang fest.

Sound of freedom is music to my ears.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Ammo shortage doesn't bother me personally nearly as bad as the reloading component shortage.

Starting to wonder if we will ever see plentiful reloading components again...

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mikieb: Not me!
I am looking forward to the end of the "ammo shortage" so those folks who haven't learned from past "ammo shortages' can stock up and get back out to shooting more.
The sound of gunfire actually soothes my soul.
I live about a mile from a shotgun range and if the wind is right and my windows are open I can hear them plinking away on their designated Thursday evening shoots.
Long live the Second Amendment.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Auk1124: You make a great point (unlike the village idiot known here as slumload" - who in 40,000+ posts in just a few years has YET to make a coherent or relevant point!).
Its been about 21 (twenty one) months of this latest "shortage" and I see NO signs of either components or munitions getting back to normal!
Puzzling this - and worrisome for many who have not learned from past shortages/experiences.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by irfubar
Gunfire is the sound of freedom...... smile

Winner winner

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
lot less shooting around here these days, including at my place.

My diploma is a DD214
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Love may be a stretch, though I do find advantages when I go to the range. Lot less shooters utilizing the public range. I have been away from shooting for a few years, largely due to a shooting accident, where I experienced a back fire for lack of a better term. Kind of left me gun shy frown

Well for Decades now I have really wanted a fast twist 6 PPC in a mini action bolt rifle. well now Hornady essentially legitimized this concept with the 6mm ARC. Ammo and firearms have been hard to come by. Then ammo hit the shelves for the 6mm ARC at a fairly reasonable price in todays market. Few locally were buying the 6mm ARC ammo due to lack of firearms.

I have been waiting on a Pacnor drop in barrel for a CZ 527 for 5 plus months now. Broke down and bought a Savage Axis II in 6mm ARC to play with and fire forming brass from 220 Russian. Our new shooting range is right on the edge of town and its popularity was very good for the first couple of years pre-covid. Then the ammo shortage hit shortly after the presidential election. Shooting range use dropped off as ammo price and availability pretty much sucked the life out of the use of the shooting range.

Well I was, am sitting well on reloading supplies & managed to pick up an fair assortment of 6mm bullets and 220 Russian brass. Well I find when go to the range to fire-form brass
I have nearly no one joining me most days. Have to say I find the range way more pleasant without having the guy next to me who is shooting his 16" barreled AR with the flash suppressor nearly blowing out of my shooting position.

Yea there is a side of me that does not look forward to things getting back to normal.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's easier to buy weed than it is a box of .22's. Y'all are f'd up.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The 2 closest neighbors and me shoot more than anyone on our road so personally I think the ammo shortage sucks!!! And we shoot rimfire matches every week so the price increase sucks!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mikieb
I live in rural Wisconsin and I have my own area, on my own land, to shoot when ever I want or need to....

I have a few folk that live in the near distance... that also have area on their own land to shoot... and I have a small quantity of Public land near by with little to no regulations for recreational shooting...

Before the ammo shortage set in.... One guy up on a hill just a mile to the west would be out by 930am Saturday and shoot guns all day 'till 3-4 pm... non stop. And then do it all the same on Sunday... gun fire all day, all weekend, EVERY weekend.

Other land owners around me that are from urban areas come out on random weekends and do the same from time to time... Then you add in the random recreational shooter on the public land near me and all you hear all weekend and some week days in the summer is non-stop gunfire...

The 4th of July weekend reminded me of how nice it is to have the ammo shortage... and not have to hear gunfire in the country all day, every day.

Now, when I occasionally hear gunfire off in the distance.... I think.... "that guy must be wealthy..."

Hmmph, live out in the country and bitch about other people shooting? That HAS to be at least as gay-ass a thing as I have read on the 'fire....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My neighbors mention my shooting occasionally.... I tell them we live in rural Montana, it is what we do......
Maybe they should move to a more appropriate place

I have 1 neighbor who ā€˜squawkedā€™...
Constable who shoots lives between us.

Problem solved.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by efw
Gunfire is the sound of freedom...... smile

Winner winner

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am from Wisconsin. The sound of shooting to me means that free men and women are doing what they want. Please don't group all Wisconsinites in with some grumpy SOB like the OP.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I know thereā€™s some people who didnā€™t/couldnā€™t.. but stocking up when prices are low is the surest way to avoid any ā€œshortagesā€ and keep pulling triggers...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And yes... we still shoot a bit in CA

Last edited by Certifiable; 07/13/21.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 58 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,564
Posts18,453,755
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.