Print Thread
Hop To
T
texken Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
every thing is off the table, except the 250, I know some are wanting pics, be patient, I am on Fentanyl patch with Oxycodone, I have a few hr's a day that I can do, I don't sleep ( 1-2 hr increments) hey don't get me wrong, I know there are lots of people worse than me. have been putting together a 22hp AI, for a grandson, is taking for ever to get the fire forming ect done. I will get pics hopefully in the next day or two.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Back pain sucks texken. I hope the best for you.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ken, i have 40 22hp ai’s already formed if you want them. We need to get that Grandson shootin!! Let me know. Hope your feeling better.

Joe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn Ken!
I hope you find some relief soon.
I agree with Fireball:
"Back Pain Sucks"

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yeah, hope you are much better soon!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B2

T
texken Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
thanks all, I have 5 fusions plus steel pins up & down my spine, all has failed, the third surgery does not have a good success rate, its a double surgery, front and back, I have to try to keep moving as much as I can.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ohh... that hurts just reading it. Sorry to hear, Ken. Hope they figure something out that works, soon!

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ken, this is maybe only a little off topic but I don't understand it.

My wife's grandmother lived in a third world country with poor medical care. Thankfully many of my wife's relatives were doctors and able to provide for her. Her problem was she had some type of degenerative cancer of the bones. As I understood it, her bones were dissolving leaving her with no structural support. Her hips were "gone". Like I said, I don't understand it.

But, she absolutely refused to sit down and would busy herself cleaning and doing dishes, or cooking. She lived several years out of sheer stubbornness, stubbornness like no one has ever seen. I still don't get it medically, but the doctors called her a miracle. It was all due to her devout faith and refusal to give in. She would not sit in a chair, ever. I met her and have never seen anything like it. She did eventually pass away but it was after many years.

So when you say you need to stay moving, you need to stay moving if at all possible. And some faith works wonders as well.

LOL
T
texken Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
agree 100%, I CAN NOT sit on a hard seat, bench ect, I can sit a few minutes at a time in a soft chair, then have to go to the recliner, I know I am not as tough as my Dad or Granddad, wish I were, generations back people were tougher, they had to be. I my Granddad moved to S.W. Ks, in a covered wagon, lived in it for a year breaking sod for $1. a day till he had enough money to buy his first farm. my family of six, three have died of cancer, thats some thing to think about. we are off topic. but.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You have to keep moving. Our ancestors didn't need to go for walks or to the gym or whatever. They worked long hard hours. I quite exercising while I was working on the engraving book and was turning into a puddle of fat. I now either walk 2 miles a day or ride my bicycle two miles. I'm an asthmatic and diabetic living at 7500 feet elevation. I huff and puff when I ride or walk but I don't get short of breath as quickly doing normal activities, I've lost a little weight and I can walk longer and faster than I could a few months ago. Fireball's wife's grandmother is a good example of the benefits of continuing to exercising despite a disability that would have landed most people in bed. I'm sure she would have died much sooner if she hadn't stayed active. It's all about attitude.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I hope you get some relief. I’m lucky, always had a strong back and a weak mind!

T
texken Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
every one has their own threshold of pain, I think I have used mine up, have had five surgeries, came back to the states on a stretcher. I have abused my body, growing up on a ranch-farm, then working at things that I should have had help but didn't, wore me out.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
"Move legs, control mouth--live long." So easy to say, so hard to do....

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I hope you get better soon, back pain really s#cks

T
texken Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
thanks for the offer Joe

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by texken
thanks for the offer Joe

Your welcome. Like i said, you can have them if it will help you out. Just let me know. Hope your feeling better.

Joe

T
texken Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I have 22 done and 10 or 12 do overs

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Hi texken. Pretty heavy pain 'meds'! Personal condolances and best wishes for good situation outcome as possible. I'm told "pain has its own virtue." Obviously from folks 'not' in pain! Hang in there & God bless!

This thread having ‘morphed’ and so some 'moments', sharing!

Now 80 years old and more than bit crippled up. Conjuring many ‘good years’. Heralded positive of ‘age’, as learning experience’. Hopefully wiser! Add, lot of time to sit and conjure my life! Some calculations, realizing with considerable shock my own life pattern. Likely 40% of extra cash & free time, spent ‘boozing & wenching’. Now, retrospect, more than just shocked! Here to preach the ‘error’ of such ways! “Opportunities lost!

Now sharing with all you 70ies & younger “whippersnappers”; lifestyle re-calibration perhaps yet possible! Suggesting time & funds proportioned... 40% booze & 40% wenching, each! The other 40% ‘necessaries funds’, of course exceeding income! Yet solution, in the ‘now’ American lifestyle. “Credit!” Drink, wench, pay bill… Amass debt! Damn! If only I’d realized…! smile smile smile

No disrespect here to disabled/folks with pain! Self-disclosure, “ADA person”, “mobility challenged”. Great wife!’ Booze, very special occasions only, wife "policing moderation”. Joys of ‘senior life choices’, meds or booze. Defaulting to meds! Oh damn!

Here just offering ‘lighter side’ dumb humor moments!

Best!
John

:

Last edited by iskra; 07/23/21.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Shoot, that's been my philosophy since I was 22 years old.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 69 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.