Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
TimZ Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Lets withdraw and put the Afghan security forces in charge.....am sure the Taliban will honor the agreements they signed.

What could go wrong?

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The downside to fighting proxy wars. They don’t defend themselves before we show up and certainly won’t after we leave. Had we nuked Kabul when they refused to hand Bin Laden over we would have had 20 years of peace instead.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Chicken Sh*t Muslims fighting Chicken Sh*t Muslims. Sounds like a Win/Win to me

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hopefully the Chinks will go in.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 673

I think they are on the way aren't they.

Didn't Biden say China was going to spend several billion dollars on infrastructure?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Biden will escape any blame by saying he was just following through on what Trump started.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
The government of Afghanistan is a puppet government, a puppet of America, invented by the Americans. In this sense it is very similar to the South Vietnamese government in 1973.
Pull out the American troops and you will quickly see who has the will to fight. The fake South Vietnam government lasted about 2 years before it collapsed, and I was surprised it lasted that long. All those M16s, all those Hueys we gave them. But we couldn't give them a will to fight.

I bet the Afghan government collapses a lot quicker than South Vietnam did.

And, what did we learn from the Vietnam debacle? Evidently we learned nothing. President George the Stupid is going to go in there and turn them in to a Western style democracy. Bush probably figured most of the folks would convert to Christianity, and today we would have thousands of Afghani Boy Scouts attending meetings at the First Baptist Church of Kabul. President George the Stupid, what a fool.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nam repeat, wasted money and lives.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Taliban work for the highest bidder.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The government of Afghanistan is a puppet government, a puppet of America, invented by the Americans. In this sense it is very similar to the South Vietnamese government in 1973.
Pull out the American troops and you will quickly see who has the will to fight. The fake South Vietnam government lasted about 2 years before it collapsed, and I was surprised it lasted that long. All those M16s, all those Hueys we gave them. But we couldn't give them a will to fight.

I bet the Afghan government collapses a lot quicker than South Vietnam did.

And, what did we learn from the Vietnam debacle? Evidently we learned nothing. President George the Stupid is going to go in there and turn them in to a Western style democracy. Bush probably figured most of the folks would convert to Christianity, and today we would have thousands of Afghani Boy Scouts attending meetings at the First Baptist Church of Kabul. President George the Stupid, what a fool.

I like your take on this, true. The only thing I might add, the Ivy League produces the State Dept drones with a little cookie cutter, hundreds at a time, they set US foreign policy, advising dolts like George the Stupid.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In the long run, we won Vietnam. Today, it is communist in name only and has a thriving capitalist economy. That will not happen in Afghanistan. The difference is that Asians are ambitious. Corrupt, mind you, but ambitious. As a culture, they work their asses off to get ahead. Muslims are the polar opposite.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The ANA isn't kicking ass? [sarc]That's unusual.[/sarc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The amazing thing was that we made the same mistakes that cost us a defeat in Viet Nam. Doesn't anyone learn from history?

By the way, it was Trump who announced we were just going to give up on Afghanistan and go home. Biden just accelerated the schedule.

If you're not willing to "kill every living thing above ground," in the words of General Curtis LeMay, then don't go to war in the first place.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by 673

I think they are on the way aren't they.

Didn't Biden say China was going to spend several billion dollars on infrastructure?

The Chinese will boost the opium production and distribution to the US, just as they’ve flooded the US market with Fentanyl.

They’ll get along with the Afghani’s fine because they won’t fight them militarily. They’ll just own them economically, just like they’ve done in Africa and many other places.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I hope China goes in there and gets their butts kicked from one end of that hell hole to the other.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by reivertom
I hope China goes in there and gets their butts kicked from one end of that hell hole to the other.

If it comes to that, I doubt the Chinese will operate under the limitations of the same rules of engagement our forces worked with.

The Chinese will not care how many noncombatant casualties they inflict, nor whether they are women and children.

The Chinese Army is looking for place to train combat soldiers and try out all those new toys they have been developing in preparation for a conflict with The West.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by reivertom

If it comes to that, I doubt the Chinese will operate under the limitations of the same rules of engagement our forces worked with.

The Chinese will not care how many noncombatant casualties they inflict, nor whether they are women and children.

The Chinese Army is looking for place to train combat soldiers and try out all those new toys they have been developing in preparation for a conflict with The West.

When China finally gets into a shooting conflict with another country, they're going to school the world on how warfare is to be conducted.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No one has been sucessfull in conquering Afganastan in thousands of years.

I seriously doubt the Russians played by the rules, and unless they turn the country into glass killing everyone that breathes, the Chinese will fail too

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Somehow this is all Trump's fault.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
America's fault for electing obama.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (17Fan, 1badf350, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 72 invisible), 2,662 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,346
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.