Campfire Tracker
L
Another unsuccessful gun.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No disagreement there....but that wasn’t the question.

Last edited by battue; 07/26/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by battue
The 1400 was a SA with a rotary bolt.

And Wayne Mays set skeet records with it..

I'm sure he could have set records with a Mossturd....still a junk gun.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
No disagreement there....but that wasn’t the question.

I don't remember asking a question I just made a statement that other manufacturers such as the new Browning A5 and the A400 along with several others are patterning parts of their operating system on the Benelli M1.

I been shooting a Benelli SBE for over 20 years without so much as a bobble (unless you shoot one ounce loads).
I've owned a couple of A400s I don't care for the long forearm or the clunky feel of the gun when it cycles by hand.

The new Browning A5 is a good feeling well made gun I'll never buy one because they don't offer it in left hand.

I shoot and own others but deep down I'm a Benneli whore and proud of it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by LFC

Which Winchester semi automatic shotgun had a rotary bolt head ?

IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Dang you got me again...another question.

Are you a Benelli whore or do you just lust after them ?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No, I think they are a fine SA....however, prefer the A400 for less recoil, since I shoot one more than a little..

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've never been recoil shy or had target panic (the dreaded flinch)...

My pieced together 1980s Winchester 101 XTR sporting clay gun makes some people flinch just looking at it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Neither did I....until I did. Only happens on clays. Although it is a visual issue and not recoil. Usually occurs when the hold point is bad.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
There is a reason most shoguns follow Benelli’s action configuration.

And it isn’t because Berreta bought them.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Tell me why, some of you think the Benalli is the best in a semi auto?

I’ve shot them, and found them to offer little over some others. Especially for clays.

Addition : Would Be interested in how many rounds you have shot out of your Benelli.

Know one guy here who has shot his more than a little, but curious about the rest of you.

Last edited by battue; 07/27/21.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have a Benelli M2. I’ve shot it a good bit. I don’t necessarily think they are the best semi-autos, especially not for clays. What I like about mine over say a Beretta, is in the field hunting. They are slimmer, lighter, run dirtier and are easier to strip down and clean. Plus, I don’t feel as bad beating it up while duck hunting. Just feels better to me in my hands. I have Beretta A400’s as well and they are softer shooting and nice guns. Much better for a round of sporting clays as far as recoil, but I’ve never found the M2 overly abrasive. I doubt Beretta cares which one puts money in their pocket.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
No, I think they are a fine SA....however, prefer the A400 for less recoil, since I shoot one more than a little..

This example I talked about in the original post it's supposed to have whatever all done to it and engineered for less recoil. It does have less felt recoil to me than many other shotguns I have. A friend of mine has an A400 with the kickoff it does shoot softer than this super sport but not just a lot. My super sport for me kicks less than my Citori CX

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't use either of my two M1's for clays. I hunt them, hard. And they never quit on me, be it hot, bone dry, dusty as hell or have a 1\4" of ice frozen along the top two thirds of the gun in single digit temperature's they don't choke.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

I’ve shot them, and found them to offer little over some others. Especially for clays.

Addition : Would Be interested in how many rounds you have shot out of your Benelli.

Know one guy here who has shot his more than a little, but curious about the rest of you.

M2 12 gauge is about the perfect weight for shotgun for me. They are really a simple design. They balance really well. I shoot them as well or better than anything else. I usually use mine for hunting and not dedicated clays but have used them for clays on occasion and probably have 20,000 rounds through Benelli shotguns.

I have a friend that was shooting leagues and registered shoots and tried several clays guns and about 15 years ago settled on a Benelli Super Sport, which I'm sure has at least 100,000 rounds through it now--probably a lot more. He had a stroke a few years ago and doesn't shoot as much because he now has no peripheral vision but still consistently shoots around 65-70% with that gun at Sporting Clays. Though because of the lack of vision on anything crossing, he often asks, "Did I hit that target?" "Yeah, you hit it."

I've been tempted to get a Super Sport like my friend's gun and use it for clays but they've gotten hard to find.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If I could only have one gun (rifle, pistol or shotgun), it would be a Benelli M2 or Montefeltro. My M2 will put three slugs to point of aim and into 3" at 75 yards if I center the bead in the rib. Also works for birds, clays, etc. And I would expect it to work for defense if needed, too.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Tell me why, some of you think the Benalli is the best in a semi auto? They are not. But they are hands down the best inertia semi auto.

I’ve shot them, and found them to offer little over some others. Especially for clays. Hands down the worst choice for Clays!

Would Be interested in how many rounds you have shot out of your Benelli. Well over 200K

I'll add that they give up a lot because of the inertia operating system. However you gain reliability in any conditions over a gas operated system. Nobody and I mean nobody shoots an inertia gun better than a gas gun. Please don't fool yourselves or show ignorance on that! It is the equivalence of saying you can shoot a heavy recoiling rifle or handgun better than you can one with little recoil.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I was waiting for the one guy I know.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My opinion is purely based on field use, not clays or any competitive shooting, which would no doubt change my mind. While far shy of 200k rounds, I’ve shot somewhere south of 10k through Ben’s in the years since I first had the M1.

The Beretta A400 is a smooth shooting, handsome SA but much more complex and heavier than the Ben I could choose for the uplands; weight is a premium consideration for me. Plus, I put some import as a lefty on reversible or ambidextrous safeties. The Beretta does not have one, short of a certified gunsmith doing the job, and neither does the new Browning A5 16 for example (interestingly, the old Browning Double auto had one built into the rear of the trigger guard). The Ben SA’s do.

I do at least give a nod toward those who consider us lefties.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know my AL390 does fine with loads that choke my buddies Benelli.
He gave me some light 3/4oz (I think) loads for a church shoot.
His Benelli wouldn't function with them, his SKB O/U wouldn't always reset
the trigger. He figured they would be nice for the women in a pump.
I tried some in the 390, it was fine. The ladies loved it.

One had a Mossberg 20gauge. Because 20's don't kick.😉

A couple rounds through the Beretta and she was lobbying her
husband for a new gun.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,127 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,129
Posts18,464,664
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.