Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Nobody can top you! But trust me I am lmao. I have shot plenty in your neck of the woods. World Class, you don't get out much and it shows! A few really nice lodges in you AO, but hardly world class targets. So I'll take it you are not an NSCA member, have not shot a big blast, and well haven't traveled much on the Sporting Clays circuit. I'll take you up on your offer to come on down there. Buy me a plane ticket and put me up in that fancy lodge! I would come down there no problem.
[/quote]
Buy me buy me = chicken [bleep] ... world class like you should be no issue to come show me ..

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ldholton

Nobody can top you! But trust me I am lmao. I have shot plenty in your neck of the woods. World Class, you don't get out much and it shows! A few really nice lodges in you AO, but hardly world class targets. So I'll take it you are not an NSCA member, have not shot a big blast, and well haven't traveled much on the Sporting Clays circuit. I'll take you up on your offer to come on down there. Buy me a plane ticket and put me up in that fancy lodge! I would come down there no problem.

Buy me buy me = chicken [bleep] ... world class like you should be no issue to come show me .. [/quote]

Show me where I said i was world class! But yeah I have shot more then a little in Big Blast tournaments. Have even won class in a few. Gotten my azz handed to me in many. I have real world experience and am smart enough to know that you can not defy the laws of physics. chicken? Hardly buy me that ticket and put me up and I'll be there! Of course I nor anyone else would just drop everything and pay to go to you. Put up or shut up, ticket and lodging and I am there, it's as simple as that!

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 07/31/21.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Buy me buy me = chicken [bleep] ... world class like you should be no issue to come show me ..

Show me where I said i was world class! But yeah I have shot more then a little in Big Blast tournaments. Have even won class in a few. Gotten my azz handed to me in many. I have real world experience and am smart enough to know that you can not defy the laws of physics. chicken? Hardly buy me that ticket and put me up and I'll be there! Of course I nor anyone else would just drop everything and pay to go to you. Put up or shut up, ticket and lodging and I am there, it's as simple as that!
[/quote]
Got your card called and you're too chickenshit to back it up. Read back through all the replies and he will understand Maybe. Likely not

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Got your card called and you're too chickenshit to back it up. Read back through all the replies and he will understand Maybe. Likely not[/quote]

There are plenty of guys on here that know me pretty well and know I'll show up. Like I said put up or shut up...........

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Still have the M1 super 90 with wood stocks I bought in june of 1994 26" barrel. It just fit me perfect. I have other guns that I like also but that M1 will do it all. Allways thought the 3 rd mag and short forend made it handle so well. And truth be known it will sneak a extra rd. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Benelli fan, count me in, especially the ultralight for upland.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dogslife57
Benelli fan, count me in, especially the ultralight for upland.

That should be a winner....

Although Beretta also makes an A400 20 gauge that carries easy...

Addition: One thing I have noticed is the Benelli almost without fail works out of the box...I have noticed some of the A400's that may require a spring adjustment. Can be aggravating, but an easy fix..

Last edited by battue; 08/01/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My first Benelli was an M2 I bought in the early 2000s and didn't work well out of the box. The dimension in the receiver where round comes out of the magazine was to tight for the rims of a lot of ammo. After a couple of trips to Benelli and them polishing some out, I took it to a gunsmith who used a Dremel to take more out. It worked with all but a couple of brands of ammo after that. It seems Fiocchi and Estate may not have worked in it. Regardless, I hunted that more than any gun I owned for 15 years or so and then gave it to a friend.

I'm a fan but I know from experience that not all Benellis work out of the box. With that said, I haven't had a problem with a Benelli since.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If your not a proud Benelli whOre then why bother posting under this thread.....the variety of guns I've owned in my life time could fill up a box car.

I'm think it safe to say the most of anyone brand I've owned were Benelli.

I've owned 3 or 4 M1 Super 90s' a couple of 24" one 26" a couple of the short tactical models with ghost sights one that even pumped or shot semi auto and currently own two left hand late model SBE 1's (after the vent rib change) both with 24" mobile choked barrels I also have a later 28" crio barrel that I use on them and I had a later model a SBE II 26" I bought for my grandson....

The haters can hate all they want but it won't change the fact that even with the current the Benelli designers trying to 'F' it up the M1 action will go down in gun history as one of if not the best semi auto designs that could rival John Brownings designs.

The only bobble I've ever had out of any of the Beneills I've owned was when I shot 1oz loads out of them.

If you had problems it most likely because you never met jAck Chit.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
for LFC, Benellis suck. They're terrible.

For everyone else, Benelli's are great. If I could have only one gun, it would be an M2.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Love my Benellis. I started with an M1 and added a Montefeltro later. I can’t even imagine the number of dove, quail, and turkey that have been taken with them. Wouldn’t trade their effectiveness or reliability for anything else.

Texas bred and born
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A while back I put the Sure Cycle system in both of my SBE's. One gun I turkey hunt with and only shoot magnum loads in the other I shoot lighter ammo.

I shot sporting clays with one of them yesterday and it wouldn't cycle with 1&1/8 oz. 1200 fps Winchester target ammo that I bought at Walmart....if I loaded a1&1/8 oz. 1275fps Remington Heavy dove first it worked lawlessly. I talked with Sure Cycle yesterday and they are working on a solution in the mean time I put the factory recoil spring and tube back on my gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why did you swap out the factory parts for the Sure Cycle?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
New Benelli M2 just arrived!

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MOGC
Why did you swap out the factory parts for the Sure Cycle?

Not sure....I guess I just liked the idea of having a stainless steel spring housing....one is a 2000 model the other is a 2004 model.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have heard of salt water waterfowlers swapping that out becuase of rust issues. Personally I never worried about it and I hunt my two M1's hard in all sorts of weather. Neither one of them has ever choked.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
About 10 years ago I decided to take my SBE completly down and give it a good cleaning/lube job. I bought ithis gun new in 2000 and never had any malfunctions with it.
I was shocked to see the recoil spring rusted really bad so I replaced the recoil spring. I read somewhere later that you should replace the recoil and magazine spring e every 3 or 4 years.

The gun had only been in the rain a few times Turkey hunting over the years.

Strange thing I noticed on the Sure Cylce instructions was they recomended no lubrication.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I pull the stock off my M1's every couple of years and flush that spring assembly out with some brake cleaner, then use compressed air to dry it and then spray it with Rem Oil or some light lubricant like that. I'll let the excess drain/dry and slip the stock back on. No isues after about 25 years of use.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC
A while back I put the Sure Cycle system in both of my SBE's. One gun I turkey hunt with and only shoot magnum loads in the other I shoot lighter ammo.

I shot sporting clays with one of them yesterday and it wouldn't cycle with 1&1/8 oz. 1200 fps Winchester target ammo that I bought at Walmart....if I loaded a1&1/8 oz. 1275fps Remington Heavy dove first it worked lawlessly. I talked with Sure Cycle yesterday and they are working on a solution in the mean time I put the factory recoil spring and tube back on my gun.

Sure Cycle never got back with me on correcting the issue....so I took matters in my own hands.
I took the Sure Cycle system apart the plunger is redesigned and the recoil spring in it is about an inch shorter than the factory spring I layed my factory spring down beside the shorter spring and clipped it off. Put in the shortened factory spring in and put it all back together and went to my gun club....test shot it 8 or 10 times with a mixed lot of 1oz and 1&1/8oz shells.

Went back the next day with a couple of shooting buddies and shot over 100 rds of Sporting with three brands of mixed ammo ranging from two different 1 ounce loads to two different 1&1/8th ounce loads with zero malfunctions.

My buddy was shooting his A400....he had at least 4 or 5 (maybe more) fail to fire issues. Several times it was just lightly denting the primer mainly on the second shot....He's had the A400 anout 2 years I don't think I have ever shot with him that it didn't have some kind of firing or feeding issue.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
100 rounds...that many. Been signed off now?

Now that we have moved into campfire bragging rights and put downs... grin ....I'll post this one up, A400....At least 20......20,000 without a flub....over 20 flats this summer...Nothings been replaced....however, about to change out some springs....and I would bet on it in the Duck blind also....

Get back after 20.....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

(There is a Groundhog under the Deck that has to go...It is driving poor Merlot crazy.)

Last edited by battue; 08/08/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 52 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.