Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'd be fine with me, if I never do.

I duff my old seedcorn cap to all first responders, firefighters, nurses, doctors, and all that have to do the jobs.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
BP-B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Actual death seen on site was a kid crossing 181 in Sinton, TX on a bike and he failed to see a van coming down the road and plowed right into the kid! Drove up and blood was all over the road. That's something I'll never forget. Early 90s if I remember correctly.

MAGA! This is the way!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Grandmother at 14 (first handle job). Saw lots on the Fire Department, pretty much everyone we did cpr on. People died in some strange places, besides in bed the toilet or bathroom is right up there. Never had to do cpr on a co-worker and for that I’m grateful. Took a bunch to the hospital but never lost any while working.

Buried a bunch after the fact. I think I had a charmed career not many parts or pieces. I am sure some of you combat veterans saw much worse, you have my respect and admiration.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Guy in our neighbor hood had his wife run off with another guy.He went into the garage ,took a hose put it in the exhaust pipe of his car and ran it into a window.A kid who lived nearby came to my house and said he thought his neighbors garage was on fire.We went to take a look and opened the garage door.Geez what a stink from the exhaust.Dude had a terrible look on his face.Creeped me out for years.I was about 6 years old.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
A man, perhaps 50 years of age, laying in the middle of a rarely traveled blacktop road. He'd been hit by a car or truck and just left there. This was about 0430 on our way to hunt quail.. I was maybe 12. My dad drove to the nearest phone and called the law. No idea as to what happened next.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Saw my grandfather (fathers dad) sitting in a chair outside his barber shop. DRT. Mom hurried us kids away PDQ.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Nancy Pelosi

Well, she not a "was".

She "still".

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Right out of high school,I worked for a greenhouse tat delivered ferns to decorate around caskets in funeral homes. About a month after staring, they set me off on deliveries by myself.
We always went in the backdoor,so once inside, I called out and was told " come in here that is where I am at.I walked into the room and they had just finished an autopsy with the coroner there on guy that was drowned and in the water for about a week.Every thing was layed out on tables. It was a small town so autopsies were usually done at this one funeral home.

Puked my guts out,but I sure got over my fear of seeing dead people

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
There are quite a few was buried in the Bible. It's odd seeing people getting so anal about grammar.
Gotta get that post count up....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. Guy was so braindead from 9 months on station that he walked face first into the tail rotor of a helicopter. Split his head vertically down the middle and he dropped DRT.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
At about age three, I found my fraternal grandfather dead from a heart attack in the farm's outhouse. In my mind's eye to this day.

He was the first. More than a few since.

Paternal is father's side and maternal is mother's side.

The way life should be.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of my Great Grandfather's. I knew six of my Great Grandparents.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don’t recall the first funeral dead person, but like Wabi I’ve been fortunate.

The only dead guy under other circumstances was a guy in Africa who’d died some hours after getting beaten up and then ripened in the sun for a couple of days. The guy was in early bloat and his dead eyes were open.

The doctor at the Dutch Mission Hospital I worked at asked me to be a witness at the autopsy, he figured the guy had died from a ruptured spleen and incised accordingly. Yep.

That was the extent of the autopsy, cause of death, not like here where they apparently look at everything.

The dead guy was definitely past his shelf life and the doctor (who didn’t smoke), puffed on a lit cigarette hands free the whole time under his nose.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are quite a few was buried in the Bible. It's odd seeing people getting so anal about grammar.
It is odd to see so many people using poor grammar.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've been lucky, I've yet to see a dead body that was not in a casket.

Same here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did see two men killed in front of me in one afternoon: at the 1975 Reno National Air Races - a T-6 caught a wing on a pylon and crashed. My Dad knew the pilot, he was a pilot for Texas International where my Dad also worked as a crew chief. During the cleanup for that disaster a wing-walker went up during the impromptu intermission and when he tried to pick up a ribbon while inverted the plane caught a downdraft and went into the runway, but the pilot pulled up and went around to land while the wing-walker was dangling in the breeze from his harness. Both accidents and deaths within 45 minutes of each other.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Summer swimming - school friend dived, hit something underwater and drowned. Struggled to get him to the bank, then jump on the bike and get help. Difficult - happy fun quickly turned to struggling with a limp lifeless buddy. A few others along the way from various causes. Admiration for those who have dealt with this in battle and as LE/first responders.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was about 10 years old

. Family was heading to church on Sunday morning, when a neighbor lady came running to the road waving my Dad down. Dad pulled over quickly and ran to the car sitting in their driveway, a pair of legs sticking out from under the car twitching and kicking up gravel. Guy had the car up on cider blocks or some wood and it had toppled over.

My brother and I were watching from the car about 20 yards away as Dad got the car jacked up high enough to pull the guy out. Mom tried to distract us, or told us not to watch, but at 10 years old that just made me want to watch more. It must of just happened as the guy stopped moving shortly afterwards. We stayed until after the ambulance came and then we went on to church.

Weird sitting in church after seeing that, but I guess it was appropriate. Dad who always had a hard time staying away during the sermon. But not that morning.

Don

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First one was "the stiff" at college, used for anatomy classes. Looked to be a rather old fella before they fixed him for cuttin' on. Skin and muscles were missing from more than a few parts by the time I got a look at him.

Came upon a rollover accident near where I was residing/working in WA. Trauma team from work about 4 miles up the road was just arriving. Remote location, +/- 30 miles from help, minimum half hour for ambulance/EMT to arrive, longer for a helicopter. I used my Leatherman to cut the driver out of the barbwire fence while someone talked/calmed down the gal that was in good shape. Meanwhile, the lead guy on the trauma team worked CPR on the young gal in bad shape. I'd already cut the dude out of the fence and donated a blanket to keep him from going into shock too badly and walked over just as the young lady laying there turned gray and died. Just like that. Dead like Roy. Was pretty sad. Alcohol was involved.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CCCC
It is odd to see so many people using poor grammar.

Well, not so odd around this place C's. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
707 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 77 invisible), 2,731 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,718
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.