Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
MAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Selling a 1970 Ford F-250 2 wheel drive with a 1971 Mitchell overhead camper. Truck is original and was bought new by my grandfather. I inherited it and simply do not have time to do a restoration and don't want it to just rust away. 390 cubic inch engine. 4 Spd Manual Transmission. A/C. Not sure about the mileage but probably around 100K give or take. Truck has been parked and tarped since 2004 which was when I drove it to the spot it is sitting at. Tailgate is on site and is stored in the garage. Overall the vehicle is straight and to my knowledge has never been damaged.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

There are 3 minor rust spots on the front fenders.

For some reason I didn't think to get pics of the inside of the camper but it is basically just an overhead camper with dinette, fridge, stove/oven and propane heater and it has some minor water damage on the roof but I keep it tarped. Truck is currently parked in Peetz, CO and I'm thinking $3K will take it. PM me if you want to deal.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice old truck!!! Never seen a Ford pickup with an automatic transmission with the shift lever on the floor like that one, though.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
MAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Nice old truck!!! Never seen a Ford pickup with an automatic transmission with the shift lever on the floor like that one, though.

That may be because it is a 4 spd manual. I was thinking about another truck, 1978, that I recently sold. This one is a 4 spd and I corrected the post to reflect that.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

That may be because it is a 4 spd manual. I was thinking about another truck, 1978, that I recently sold. This one is a 4 spd and I corrected the post to reflect that.

Good deal!!! Bet the 4 speed Transmission will help it sell faster.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/14/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What kind of shape is the camper interior in?

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cool wagon at a good price!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you had a little mechanical knowledge, this is a find. And it was built at a time that you could still understand everything. Will make someone a neat project and even a better hunting/fishing getaway vehicle.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man I wish you were closer. I would love to take that off your hands. When was it last started?

CK
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Excellent price if you look what these are selling for in this condition

Making black powder smoke is a great thing..
MAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Reloder28
What kind of shape is the camper interior in?

It is basically just your typical overhead camper. Has some minor water damage to the interior roof, which is why I keep it tarped. It has a dinette that converts into a bed, a bed over the cab, a propane fridge, propane range/oven and a propane heater. I'd classify the shape as "average" due to the water damage.

IC B3

MAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
Man I wish you were closer. I would love to take that off your hands. When was it last started?

Last time it was fired up was in 2004. That was the year I got it from my grandfather. I drove it 150 miles to where it is parked. It ran really good and did not seem to have any issues. But it has been sitting since then.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Hmmm.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
MAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sold pending funds.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Someone got a great ole Truck.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn, I’m should have checked the classifieds earlier. Someone got a good deal.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
109 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,750 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,701
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.