Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Anybody use and have opinions on the Walker Electronic ear muffs. I have been looking at them for mainly noise cancelation during shooting, but can enhance normal hearing. I do have some hearing loss in my left ear, not to bad, but right ear is more severe loss. Looking at their website, they have so many models with vague comparisons, It gets quite confusing. Any suggestions appreciated.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
They work fine for handgun ,but fugg up your cheek weld on rifles.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a couple middle-of-the-pack models and find them worth the money, and then some. Using them to enhance sounds in different conditions is pretty surprising.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a pair of the Walker Razor Slim muffs. I bought them for $30, on Black Friday. They work great, and I like them better than the expensive ($200) Pro Ears I bought years ago. I know electronics become outdated quickly, but using cheap AA batteries is a big benefit to the Walkers.

When shooting, I wear foam ear plugs and the Walkers. With the volume turned up, I hear conversations just fine and get better hearing protection from the firing line noise.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Natchez has several different models of Walker electronic ear protection on sale. I got the sales brochure yesterday.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've used the Razor Slims for about 2 years. They work as advertised.. I do wear custom fit plugs underneath when shooting on the range.

Cabelas often has them for sale at half price.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
How well do they work for hunting? Does the enhancement help in the woods?

I wear hearing aids, especially when hunting, but they don't buffer the shot noise.

Last edited by mcknight77; 07/15/21.

Jim
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I have used them for several years, along with the Howard Leight electronic muffs. I have had excellent results from the hearing enhancement, resulting in a buck we had been hunting several years with one horn. He walked in behind my stand and I could hear him in the pine needles with the electronic muffs but not when I took them off. Without them I wouldn’t have known he was anywhere around.

I almost fell out of the stand that morning because the duck hunters on the other end of the property opened up at daylight and it sounded VERY close.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Both my wife and I use Walker's Xcel Electronic Muffs. They do not affect my cheek wield on rifles. A very sound and reliable design. IMHO and YMMV

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019881243?pid=918257

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have razor slims and also use ear plugs under them. So far they work pretty well but I only have a few months of use with them so probably only 6 or 7 range trips.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
I have razor slims and also use ear plugs under them. So far they work pretty well but I only have a few months of use with them so probably only 6 or 7 range trips.

another non hunting anti gun clown

sad

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE

another non hunting anti gun clown

sad

Lol what?

I love guns and spend a considerable part of my time and income hunting.

Heck I’ve even bought a few guns right of the classified ads on these forums.

Last edited by AKPENDUDE; 07/16/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
I have a pair of the Walker Razor Slim muffs. I bought them for $30, on Black Friday. They work great, and I like them better than the expensive ($200) Pro Ears I bought years ago. I know electronics become outdated quickly, but using cheap AA batteries is a big benefit to the Walkers.

When shooting, I wear foam ear plugs and the Walkers. With the volume turned up, I hear conversations just fine and get better hearing protection from the firing line noise.

Midway has them on sale right now.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018596572?pid=981946

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have Walker Razor Slims for the wife and I and a pair of children’s Walkers for my little girl. They work great and beat stuffing plugs in your ears.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

395 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 303savage, 1OntarioJim, 47 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,119
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.