Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I saw plenty when I was a paramedic. Worked a plane crash when a Beechcraft Bonanza crashed into the ground at 210 mph with 4 people on board. I'm still trying to forget that one.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MTGunner
Up close and personal....my son. He was a passenger in an auto accident. Then, three weeks later my best friend. 2003 was a very difficult year.

Frogsnacks.

Sorry.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I saw plenty when I was a paramedic. Worked a plane crash when a Beechcraft Bonanza crashed into the ground at 210 mph with 4 people on board. I'm still trying to forget that one.

I have found that it was the live ones that are the tough ones to deal with.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
motor cycle accident about a minute after it happened. Guy and a girl neither had helmets, they looked like rag dolls in the street. My uncle was driving and my grandma was in the passenger seat. She started weeping at the site of everything as we drove passed. My uncle was in the Phillipines in WWII and wasnt startled at all. He replied, Dang, look at the bodies. I was around 16 years old.
Saw dead Iraqis covered with tarps in Desert Storm, only their feet sticking out. I was driving a hum v and glanced over as our convoy rode past

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Jim, I guess I've been lucky so far. Whenever we get to a call, the family/friends leaves us alone. Sometimes it's a little hard to get info from them, but never a confrontation.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Jim, I guess I've been lucky so far. Whenever we get to a call, the family/friends leaves us alone. Sometimes it's a little hard to get info from them, but never a confrontation.

The one that sticks with me was listening to a little kid...probably less than two years old...bawl for its mother in the waiting room.

I was zipping up the body bag at the time.

You are right though....usually folks are pretty good about it.

I am MAGA.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My Grandmother, my mother, father, and little sister. Also my favorite uncle, saw them all before the coroner went to work.

I miss them.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not counting open casket funerals, 5 dead in a head on collision a couple hundred yards down the road from the tobacco barn I working on with my grandfather. I was about 7 or 8.

Black guy had a heart attack on a tractor and rolled off under the rear wheel. He was popped open pretty bad. I was around 13 or 14 then.

Watched my first wife die in a hospital room then just a few years later my mother in another hospital room.

Calling the first wife's parents with that news was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

A childhood friend lost his 31 year old son last Sat. I'm not going to his funeral, I think I'm done with funerals. Not even going to be one for me, already fixed that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Found a corvette flipped in a ditch. 2 people had drown. Next was burnt bodies from napalm.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldman03

The one that sticks with me was listening to a little kid...probably less than two years old...bawl for its mother in the waiting room.

I was zipping up the body bag at the time.

You are right though....usually folks are pretty good about it.

Don't know how you guys do that on a regular basis.

I appreciate all of you, especially volunteers.

IC B3

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Blindshooter

I can not imagine what you went through God bless you.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Suicide by 45 pistol. I wish I could forget it.

Life is too short to hunt with ugly guns.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fastback65
Blindshooter

I can not imagine what you went through God bless you.

24 years ago. Her mom is still alive, I go by and talk to her regularly.

Life goes on until it don't. Just the way it is.

Live today like it might the last!

Last edited by blindshooter; 07/14/21.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I saw cadavers in coffins when I was young.

When I was 18, me and some friends went to the coast.
We were walking near the beach when a diver was coning in, yelling to get our attention.
He was pulling someone with the classic lifeguard hold, keeping his head above water.
Thinking I was going to help save someone’s life, I waded out to chest deep water and graded the victim pulling him the rest of the way up on to beach.
The second I grabbed him, I knew it was too late, he was gone.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've only seen 2 outside of funerals. One was a dead guy lying on the pavement after he rolled his van. The other was my 1st wife sitting in a chair early in the morning after losing her battle with the C. I picked her up and put her in her bed before waking up the family.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Great thread guys.

Keep em' coming!

jeebuz

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First funeral age 4, age 14 saw a neighbor took most of his head off with a shotgun. Lots of them after that

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Never saw anything gruesome. Ive seen two in caskets, and was at the bedside when a buddy died, also at bedside when my mom died. Not fond memories.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Found the first one sophomore year of high school. Buddy and I found a suicide on the mountain above his house. Went back and called the Sheriff’s office. Didn’t bother me then and strangely doesn’t even now. I’ve always wondered why that was. Little weird in the head I guess. Past 17 years as a rural county LEO with the last three as Detective, I’ve gathered up a few. Car wrecks, suicides, homicides, drownings, natural causes you name it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MTGunner
Up close and personal....my son. He was a passenger in an auto accident. Then, three weeks later my best friend. 2003 was a very difficult year.

Dang.... Very sorry to read this. My most sincere condolences.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
510 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 49 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,171
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.