Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Rollover standards forcing it probably.

The local place called me about my order, I said have you got a 2-door with squatch package for me to come physically look at and drive? Nope... then call me when you do my Jeep $$$ is still setting in the safe.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

GB2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BKinSD
as the owner of an early Bronco, to me a lot of the mystique is the size. Small, narrow, nimble. I wish that Ford and the buyers thought about that, perhaps they did and discarded it. Seems like so many want to make their Broncos bigger taller and wider. Must be compensating.

LOL.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
as the owner of an early Bronco, to me a lot of the mystique is the size. Small, narrow, nimble. I wish that Ford and the buyers thought about that, perhaps they did and discarded it. Seems like so many want to make their Broncos bigger taller and wider. Must be compensating.

Is 76in wide, 100in wheelbase and 174 inch length big? Seemed about the same size as my FJ.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Its bigger than 68" wide, 92" wheelbase, and 152" long. Which was my point. I guess if you haven't been in one or driven one, it might not be as noticeable. It sure is to me.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's finally built. Just waiting for delivery. Got a set of Toyo 255/80/17s that will be put on at the dealer. Only took a year from reservation to build date.

Window sticker: windowsticker

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I hope they live up to the hype, will be interested in your assessment. Also have one on order but with the options ordered might not see it until 2023.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
I hope they live up to the hype, will be interested in your assessment. Also have one on order but with the options ordered might not see it until 2023.

I doubt they live up to the hype, but I'm hoping I'm happy with it.

I made the transition from V8s to 4cyl many years ago with my Tacoma. It was certainly a steep learning curve to get everything out of that small engine. I think that will help me with the Bronco. RPMs are your friend in a 4cyl. Took awhile to figure out it did not want to be under 2800rpm except when coasting. I expect the Bronco 4cyl to be the same, although the turbo will make it a little different. I just hope it doesn't have the throttle lag that the Tacoma has.

Hopefully have it in a couple of weeks.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The delivery charges are a joke, there have been several class action suits against Ford, hopefully there will be one filed on the Broncos.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
The delivery charges are a joke, there have been several class action suits against Ford, hopefully there will be one filed on the Broncos.

No more a joke than MSRP. All charges are up front when ordering. I was under the assumption Ford would be making a profit. Like anything, the market will dictate what they can charge. People pay $80K for 1/2 ton trucks these days, so an additional $1500 fee isn't hardly noteworthy. They could just do away with it and include the additional price in MSRP though if people feel better about that.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Saw two 4-door soft tops this weekend they must have started delivering a few. I'm going to wait post covid and regular chip deliveries..

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Its bigger than 68" wide, 92" wheelbase, and 152" long. Which was my point. I guess if you haven't been in one or driven one, it might not be as noticeable. It sure is to me.

loved my EB...
but I would not have done the sacrilege of subjecting it to an eastern environment...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The biggest hold up to production right now has been the hard tops, which is why if you've seen one, it's probably a soft top.
Mine was built in July but has been parked in a lot with thousands of other Broncos waiting for a good top. Supposedly they have a new design and have started to produce them, but so far mine is still sitting and waiting. All the hard top Broncos that have been delivered will have to have their tops replaced as well.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

loved my EB...
but I would not have done the sacrilege of subjecting it to an eastern environment...

I have no idea what that means

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

loved my EB...

I have no idea what that means

I'm thinking Early Bronco.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm surprisingly in the know on what EB means, there Sparky, but no idea what he means about sacrilege and eastern environment.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Probably talking salty roads in the winter or salty coastal environs down in the SE. I don’t think there were any galvanized panels used on the 66-77s and they were known to rust badly in salty areas. Just my guess as that was what jumped to mind when I read it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
EB
Eddie Bauer?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
EB is short for Early Bronco, yes. And nothing galvanized on mine or any other EBs for sure.

Last edited by BKinSD; 09/22/21.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The old Broncos were pieces of crap.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
LOL sure they were.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
111 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,750 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.