Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by dale06
Probably just a small detail, but I always heard that the shot(s) reduced the effect of covid but didn’t necessarily prevent one from getting it.

That's not entirely accurate. It prevents most cases of covid - up to 95% of them, but it doesn't prevent all of them, which is why we've seen such a drop in cases since vaccines started rolling out.

GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Probably just a small detail, but I always heard that the shot(s) reduced the effect of covid but didn’t necessarily prevent one from getting it.

Then it's not a vaccine, is it?

Like most vaccines it prevents the vast majority of cases. Very few vaccines are 100%

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MikeReilly

That's not entirely accurate. It prevents most cases of covid - up to 95% of them, but it doesn't prevent all of them, which is why we've seen such a drop in cases since vaccines started rolling out.

Weren't cases dropping 'prior' to the vaccine rollout?

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Then it's not a vaccine, is it?

Like most vaccines it prevents the vast majority of cases. Very few vaccines are 100%

How many people do you know that have had Polio in the past 50 years?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Of course case have dropped. No matter what, it had to burn through, regardless of what man did.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Raeford
[quote=MikeReilly]

No, vaccines started rolling out in December and that's when the cases started dropping. It's possible that it had already peaked, but for sure there's a causative correlation between the vaccines and the plummet in cases. Check the graphs for yourself if you want.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It prevents most cases of covid - up to 95% of them

The Jews were saying that is 64%.

Either way I think the 95% / 64% don’t refer to preventing infection, they refer to preventing an infection that causes symptoms.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
People at work told me the vaccine produces better antibodies than I have from actually getting it. 🙄 I'm being pressured by my boss again to get the shots...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[quote=MikeReilly]

No, vaccines started rolling out in December and that's when the cases started dropping. It's possible that it had already peaked, but for sure there's a causative correlation between the vaccines and the plummet in cases. Check the graphs for yourself if you want.

The initial #'s[rollout] of the vaccines were relatively slow and very limited as to who received them..

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[quote=MikeReilly]

So can you say vaccines are the reason? No, you can't.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This too would be a direct correlation, correct?

[Linked Image from churchoftheflyingspaghettimonsteraustralia.files.wordpress.com]

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Sure I can and with a decent amount of evidence to that effect. Israel reported 64% for a short period and not a huge sample size, other jurisdictions said 88% vs. delta and delta+. Even Israel stated 93% prevention of hospitalisation and serious illness with their current run of variants. The evidence is overwhelmingly in favour of vaccination.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
This too would be a direct correlation, correct?

[Linked Image from churchoftheflyingspaghettimonsteraustralia.files.wordpress.com]

Haha. Not a causative correlation, but thanks for playing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course case have dropped. No matter what, it had to burn through, regardless of what man did.

This is true!

I've studied the last five respiratory pandemics

1889 Russian Flu
1918 Spanish Flu
1957 Asian Flu
1969 Hong Kong Flu
2010 H1N1

Common thread is they last about 18 ± months. H1N1 circled around for a short encore. Spanish Flu may have lingered in the far flung reaches of globe longer because it arrived in US and Europe first, and it took awhile to cover the globe from there.

Numbers do not grow geometrically, but rather logarithmically eventually shooting up like jet until 60% or more of the population is exposed, and then numbers will crash. That peak is at about 14± months. Number were going to go down starting this Spring with or without the vax.

Now, has the vax hasten the numbers crash? Logic says it should, but we really won't know until this is all over and studied, meaning 5 years from now we will know more.

Even with the numbers crashing, the virus is still out their hunting hosts. If you don't have antibodies, you can still get it. If you get it, it may be nothing more than a head cold, it might knock you down bedridden with a fever for a few days, it could hospitalize you, or you might just die. I have had members of my extended family in different parts of the country with each of those outcomes.

The problem every world leader had was they could not say "just let it run its course". Same as Herbert Hoover in 1929 "Just let the market correct itself". Political suicide. Once people buy into the fear, they seek somebody who will ally their ears and make them feal understood and protected. Hence the neverous ninny Dems buying into masks and the lockdown. "We have to do something!"

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Sure I can and with a decent amount of evidence to that effect. Israel reported 64% for a short period and not a huge sample size, other jurisdictions said 88% vs. delta and delta+. Even Israel stated 93% prevention of hospitalisation and serious illness with their current run of variants. The evidence is overwhelmingly in favour of vaccination.

So in short, no. What would the current situation be without vaccines? How about the Spanish flu? That seemed to peter out in about the same time frame, no vaccine.

Again, no surprise when something burns through and peters out. Same as it's ever been. Besides, it's difficult to talk anyone serious that uses a U in favor.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Herd immunity is what stops a virus, whether it's from exposure or from a vaccine. Rolling out the shots is just a way to fast forward the process. Unless the virus radically mutates, eventually it runs its course.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing is certain Covid and anything associated with it appears to cause mental instability

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
OP, ivermectin. Get it at any farm store.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The covid 19 is to depopulate the world. People will wind up dead in the next 2-5 years.

https://nojabforme.info/

https://www.openvaers.com/index.php

only 1% of deaths reported.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 07/15/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep, you got it right. Vaccines prevent you from getting something, such as smallpox or polio. This shot doesn't prevent you from getting the china flu. Steroid shot will also reduce the effect. That's one of the first things they give you when admitted to the hospital...... a steroid shot..... to reduce the effects.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (6MMWASP, 338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 79S, 11 invisible), 1,658 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,189
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.