Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
Been looking for a somewhat light 18” to 20” barrel without threaded muzzle. This will be for varmint hunting. Anyone know where to look. Much appreciated

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Get this one and have the turned portion cut off and a new muzzle put on or just add a thread protector. I'd link the 20" but they are sold out.
kwg

https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/...-length-ar-15-barrel-premium-series.html

Last edited by kwg020; 07/15/21.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Red X

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
[img]https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/wil...st-stainless-fluted/FC-811826027054.html[/img]

I just picked this up for the same purpose....

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
[img]https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/wil...st-stainless-fluted/FC-811826027054.html[/img]

I just picked this up for the same purpose....

That one probably shoots great. Most wilson combat barrels ive see, shoot very well.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I hope so... I Built one for my son a While back using the same barrel but threaded...It shoots very well...

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I like Faxon barrels

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
One I would feel comfortable suggesting is a 20" stainless fluted barrel from Windham Weaponry. It is called the varmint exterminator, and it comes with a matched bolt and it shoots damn well. Most of the time they have them in stock.
Here's how it shoots:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's 20 consecutive shots fired with one of my WW barrels:

I have 3 rifles set up with this barrel and I am very happy with all of them...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Impressive rifle BSA. Who's scope mount is that ?

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Thanks, the tan (FDE) rifle is wearing a Leupold mkII mount in that pic. Just about any good cantilever mount will work well though. I've tried AD recon, Leupold mkII, Aero precision ultra light, but settled on the Burris P.E.P.R for most of my AR'S. The tan rifle in the pic also wears a Burris, as we speak, but not in the pic. The BCM with black furniture wears a PEPR.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

kwg

Thanks, I see I didn't post a pic of the rifle actually shooting those groups. Ha ha.. I've posted many of it, as it's my favorite rifle. She's a shooter... Northtech Defense upper with Windham Weaponry varmint exterminator barrel. When I saw this rifle in the used gun rack, I knew it was going to shoot well. I didn't know if it was worth the $900.00 asking price at the time, but started looking up prices and piecing it together and found out it was a steal:

I have a couple other 20" ar15 barrels I could suggest, but one is too much money and not really worth it in terms of how well it shoots. Never quite been happy enough with my 20" stainless Noveske medium varmint profile barrel:
So I turned it into an iron sight rifle. It doesn't shoot sub moa like my other AR's, but it shoots well enough with irons:

If you ever run across a 20" Colt barrel, don't be afraid to buy it. I ended up with a medium weight pre ban sporter target model and it shoots great:
This target was shot last year at an ar shoot. I may take it next saturday for another AR shoot. Using the Noveske above is like cheating...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thanks BSA. I have been looking for the light weight Aero scope mount but everyone I normally buy from is out. Although I can get one the Luepold scope mounts locally at Scheels. I like that Colt 20" musket as well.

kwg

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks BSA. I have been looking for the light weight Aero scope mount but everyone I normally buy from is out. Although I can get one the Luepold scope mounts locally at Scheels. I like that Colt 20" musket as well.

kwg

Ha ha. Yeah, the Colt is one of my favorites. I don't shoot it much though. As for mounts, the Leupold mk2 is a good one. If Scheels has it for a good deal, I'd buy it. You won't be disappointed..

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222Sako, 1minute, 58 invisible), 2,817 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,877
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.