Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I'm betting it is illegal drug / meth related. It's a shame what's happened to a lot of those small towns in West Texas with all the meth heads around...My hometown in West Texas became a crap hole when Meth hit there. Used to be a town where you could leave your doors unlocked day or night and never worry, and every church in town was packed to capacity on Sundays.....Not anymore, people would rob their own grandma there now..

Yep. Meth has ruined a lot of small TX towns. And Illegal Wetbacks too.
Like I mentioned earlier, Levelland was a nice little town when I was a kid.

It wasn't the Mexicans around causing problems when I was growing up there...Those were some hardworking/ family supporting son of a guns. There children walked the line too, or took a good ole beat down from mom and dad... Probably a different breed of them coming to West Texas now though...I haven't lived there in around 20 years, but still read the news some and hear a lot of stories from family that is still out there...

The Legal Mexicans were fine. I’ve never had a problem with any of them.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/15/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Might wanna be asking why the dude barricaded himself before we get all weepy about one side or the other. Probably a dirtbag and deserving of a dirt nap, but it isn’t always, and times being what they are, we ought to be reserving judgement until we know what is actually happening. Nothing posted here gives enough detail to make that determination.

True. Just out of curiosity though, what are the acceptable scenarios that you can imagine where you would shoot four LEO's, then barricade yourself in your house?

Hadn’t really envisioned a day that bad, just somehow got used to the idea
that a man was innocent until proven guilty, and thought we might wanna know what started it before we set the house on fire and burn him alive. Like I said, probably a dirtbag, but this is still America, and lynch mobs are still not a good thing.

Now, I will tell ya, if anyone tries kicking my door in in the night, things will get interesting, because I have done nothing to expect cops visiting me. So I would assume it was a home invasion, at least initially. Folks could die. Or if folks come trying to take my guns or dog, badges notwithstanding, folks will likely die. Don’t expect it, but there it is. Never been a divorced parent with little kids the State wants to place with a druggie ex, either. Probably more things that might tip that scale. Those are just the immediate possibilities.

"Innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply to someone shooting at you.

When you show up on a scene. and two people are shooting at one another, you just shoot them both? Or try to figure out what’s happening? A lot of folks here say shoot whichever one they deem less acceptable, which currently happens to be the not a cop. As stated, I suspect the guy iis a dirtbag, but we don’t KNOW that yet. And yet some want to burn the house and shoot the guy. Look, anyone who waits to hear the full story before calling for a resolution isn’t hating anyone. Folks like that have been known to keep a lynch mob off an innocent man at times. Might be a welcome fella if it was YOU the mob was after.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm betting it is illegal drug / meth related. It's a shame what's happened to a lot of those small towns in West Texas with all the meth heads around...My hometown in West Texas became a crap hole when Meth hit there. Used to be a town where you could leave your doors unlocked day or night and never worry, and every church in town was packed to capacity on Sundays.....Not anymore, people would rob their own grandma there now..

It wasn't the Mexicans around causing problems when I was growing up there...Those were some hardworking/ family supporting son of a guns. There children walked the line too, or took a good ole beat down from mom and dad... Probably a different breed of them coming to West Texas now though...I haven't lived there in around 20 years, but still read the news some and hear a lot of stories from family that is still out there...

The Legal Mexicans were fine. I’ve never had a problem with my of them.

Lol...Texicans are the salt of the earth...been here for hundreds of years. They fought and died to get away from Mexico and Central America.
That hasn't changed. Texas is "flyover" land for illegals. They don't come to America to mow grass in n Del Rio. They come to work in NYC, Chicago, etc.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The Legal Mexicans were fine. I’ve never had a problem with my of them.

Lol...Texicans are the salt of the earth...been here for hundreds of years. They fought and died to get away from Mexico and Central America.
That hasn't changed. Texas is "flyover" land for illegals. They don't come to America to mow grass in n Del Rio. They come to work in NYC, Chicago, etc.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Might wanna be asking why the dude barricaded himself before we get all weepy about one side or the other. Probably a dirtbag and deserving of a dirt nap, but it isn’t always, and times being what they are, we ought to be reserving judgement until we know what is actually happening. Nothing posted here gives enough detail to make that determination.

True. Just out of curiosity though, what are the acceptable scenarios that you can imagine where you would shoot four LEO's, then barricade yourself in your house?

that a man was innocent until proven guilty, and thought we might wanna know what started it before we set the house on fire and burn him alive. Like I said, probably a dirtbag, but this is still America, and lynch mobs are still not a good thing.

Now, I will tell ya, if anyone tries kicking my door in in the night, things will get interesting, because I have done nothing to expect cops visiting me. So I would assume it was a home invasion, at least initially. Folks could die. Or if folks come trying to take my guns or dog, badges notwithstanding, folks will likely die. Don’t expect it, but there it is. Never been a divorced parent with little kids the State wants to place with a druggie ex, either. Probably more things that might tip that scale. Those are just the immediate possibilities.

When you show up on a scene. and two people are shooting at one another, you just shoot them both? Or try to figure out what’s happening? A lot of folks here say shoot whichever one they deem less acceptable, which currently happens to be the not a cop. As stated, I suspect the guy iis a dirtbag, but we don’t KNOW that yet. And yet some want to burn the house and shoot the guy. Look, anyone who waits to hear the full story before calling for a resolution isn’t hating anyone. Folks like that have been known to keep a lynch mob off an innocent man at times. Might be a welcome fella if it was YOU the mob was after.

And a few people on here are Marxist trolls who think any dead cop is a good thing. Fortunately, none of them are not as smart as they think they are.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Prayers sent for this terrible situation.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Any updates on this???
Not seeing anything about it.

Hope they dont take this POS alive.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And a few people on here are Marxist trolls who think any dead cop is a good thing. Fortunately, none of them are not as smart as they think they are.

Or as tough as they pretend to be.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Any updates on this???
Not seeing anything about it.

Hope they dont take this POS alive.....

Latest I’ve seen says the shooter was still barricaded as of 8:00pm.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
They cant do many things to reduce that house with him in it.
Especially if it is in a neighbor setting.

They need to gas the fugg outta the place at the least.
Hopefully the POS has no hostage or hostages.
They might be waiting on assets to arrive???

This guy needs to never hear his rights and be covered up by a sheet in a ambulance ride ....

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

Well that ain’t me, by a long shot. But neither am I a hero-hungry sycophant willing to overlook almost anything as long as the proper uniform is worn. I am an American. A healthy dose of skepticism used to be standard equipment for us, and a mild distrust of government. Such is seeming to be long gone, guess I’m just too damn old. I despise a dirtbag more than most, get along well with most of the local cops. When the sheriff needs something done to his house, he calls me. Would help any of those guys in a heartbeat, as long as they are in the right. Doesn’t mean I will ignore it if they start up acting badly. No matter what, I will always reserve judgement until I know the facts of the case. That’s how we are supposed to think. Most of the posters in this thread are nobody I would want on a jury. Especially if I was the one on trial.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by MOGC

Or as tough as they pretend to be.

Been a lot of men laid low by folks less smart or tough than themselves. Better to be right than smart or tough. Living right and dying right, matter more than being tough or smart. And gauging the smarts or toughness of a person on the internet is problematic, at best. Good luck with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
- - - - - - - -
Well that ain’t me, by a long shot. But neither am I a hero-hungry sycophant willing to overlook almost anything as long as the proper uniform is worn. I am an American. A healthy dose of skepticism used to be standard equipment for us, and a mild distrust of government. Such is seeming to be long gone, guess I’m just too damn old. I despise a dirtbag more than most, get along well with most of the local cops. When the sheriff needs something done to his house, he calls me. Would help any of those guys in a heartbeat, as long as they are in the right. Doesn’t mean I will ignore it if they start up acting badly. No matter what, I will always reserve judgement until I know the facts of the case. That’s how we are supposed to think. Most of the posters in this thread are nobody I would want on a jury. Especially if I was the one on trial.
Well stated. Why do we not see more Campfire folks like this, and fewer of the nitwits.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

Innocent folks don't shoot at cops, or anyone for that matter. This shidt is getting old. Time for LEO's to start making a point.

You start shooting people, if it wasn't self defense and holing up in a structure doesn't help in self defense, you go down. No more touchy feely.

Depends on what it as about unless you trust your government

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol... composition was always my strong point, although I always leaned toward the succinct. I can appreciate your dialogue.

If it was my scene, I would have smoked him by whatever means was necessary before the ticket writers and xerox police got there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wearing a uniform doesn't guarantee good guy status. In many cases, the opposite.

Me personally, I don't like any cop I've met. I've had them to dinner and tried to friend some, but for my money, no thanks.

All this means nothing of course.

LOL
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Wearing a uniform doesn't guarantee good guy status. In many cases, the opposite.

Me personally, I don't like any cop I've met. I've had them to dinner and tried to friend some, but for my money, no thanks.

All this means nothing of course.

It means you are a psychopath

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lol... composition was always my strong point, although I always leaned toward the succinct. I can appreciate your dialogue.

If it was my scene, I would have smoked him by whatever means was necessary before the ticket writers and xerox police got there.

Off course you would

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by renegade50
They cant do many things to reduce that house with him in it.
Especially if it is in a neighbor setting.

They need to gas the fugg outta the place at the least.
Hopefully the POS has no hostage or hostages.
They might be waiting on assets to arrive???

This guy needs to never hear his rights and be covered up by a sheet in a ambulance ride ....

Thankfully this is outta your fugking league and your professional skills will never place you in a standoff like this. LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Deputys here killed one this week. kidnaped two 16 year old girls 3 countys over, let them go thank god two countys over. The scrote head then killed a 80 year old man and took his truck, got it stuck and caught a ride here. They got pulled over and scrote head jumps out shooting at the two deputys, 10 rounds, they shoot back game over and lots of money saved. Prayers for the Officers involved tonight.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (16penny, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 45 invisible), 2,193 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,790
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.