Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Confession....I'm not an AR guy. I'm a bolt gun junky. I'll occasionally shoot AR's but I just don't play with them much. I don't build, swap out, etc....

I have a lw 16" setup that I really like. I have a couple of heavy/varmint setups that I really have no use for. I'd like to make at least one of them a 16-18" lightweight. Prefer MLOK forend but can work with the keymod. I like stainless as it will spend most of it's time in a trunk or backseat but I'm open on that. I like a left side flush cup on forend but I can add one if it doesn't come with one.

Is there an off the shelf upper that you'd recommend? Open on cost but like anyone I prefer a good value. Thanks guys.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by Swifty52; 07/15/21.

Swifty
J
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thanks for the recommendation.

Anyone have more recommendations on a ready to go uppper?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Seekins NX15

VSEVEN 2055 Enlightened but I highly recommend if going this route to buy a matched set upper and lower. Yes they are that tight tolerance!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was looking a few days ago at those PSA uppers Swifty52 posted above. The "lightweight" applies to the free float handgaurd not the barrel. An A2 barrel is not lightweight. I'd be looking for something with a pencil barrel and a light tube if I was wanting lightweight.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Only hits count, and if your AR doesn't shoot 2" or less 10 shot group at 100 yards, with a hot barrel, you're shopping in the wrong self defense Walmart.

Buy a good lightweight barrel, and build around that.

Ask me how I know.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Only hits count, and if your AR doesn't shoot 2" or less 10 shot group at 100 yards, with a hot barrel, you're shopping in the wrong self defense Walmart.

Buy a good lightweight barrel, and build around that.

Ask me how I know.

The Faxon gunner match grade 16" barrel looks promising.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Y'all know I've chased the accurate light weight barrel for a while now and I have had a couple of Noveske light weights, which were very accurate but not a true light weight. For 2 MOA or less pencil barrels, here's what I've tried.

I have and have had several Colt pencil barrels and most have been 2 MOA with some better than others.

I have 2 Sionics pencil barrels that are probably my favorites but you can't get them without buying a complete gun last I checked.

I did have an old Bushmaster pencil barrel that surprisingly, fit into this category.

Buddy has a Faxon light weight that really surprised both of us at how accurate it is, so we both decided to order the Gunner profiles and both of us were very disappointed. The light weight was more accurate.

Criterion has a good reputation but I have never used one.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
Y'all know I've chased the accurate light weight barrel for a while now and I have had a couple of Noveske light weights, which were very accurate but not a true light weight. For 2 MOA or less pencil barrels, here's what I've tried.

I have and have had several Colt pencil barrels and most have been 2 MOA with some better than others.

I have 2 Sionics pencil barrels that are probably my favorites but you can't get them without buying a complete gun last I checked.

I did have an old Bushmaster pencil barrel that surprisingly, fit into this category.

Buddy has a Faxon light weight that really surprised both of us at how accurate it is, so we both decided to order the Gunner profiles and both of us were very disappointed. The light weight was more accurate.

Criterion has a good reputation but I have never used one.

Good info.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,051
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.