Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Real Tragedy of Progressivism.

Destroying kids' lives before they've ever have a chance in life.

Link to story

BY JACK PHILLIPS July 15, 2021

A significant number of Baltimore public high school students earned below a “D” grade point average during the first three quarters of the 2020–2021 school year, according to an analysis.

The analysis by Project Baltimore, an investigative reporting series by Fox affiliate WBFF, found that during that time period, 41 percent earned a 1.0-grade point average (GPA) or below. That would mean that more than 8,400 of Baltimore City Schools’ 20,500 students are getting grades below a “D” overall.

Meanwhile, the analysis found that 21 percent of city high school students obtained a 3.0 or better GPA—or a “B” average.

The school district, in a statement to Fox News and other outlets, appeared to blame the poor student performance on the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Consistent with the experience of many school districts across the country, the COVID-19 pandemic created significant disruptions to student learning. As early as the summer of 2020, City Schools identified large numbers of students with decreases in their grade point averages and classroom performance when compared to past performances,” Baltimore City Schools stated.

The statement added that “City Schools is providing students with a variety of opportunities to acquire the unfinished learning they lost” and “each student’s progress will be assessed, and an action plan will be developed to complete any unfinished learning,” which will “guide families and teachers in helping students get back on track.”

Across the United States, a number of public schools struggled to implement online learning for students during COVID-19-related lockdowns. Some districts saw an increased rate of failures and an increase in absences from classes.

For example, nearby Anne Arundel County in Maryland saw failure rates more than double to 7 percent from 3 percent, according to data obtained by the Baltimore Sun.

Jovani Patterson, who ran for Baltimore City Council president last year, noted that the school district absorbs a considerable amount of funding but doesn’t deliver results.

“We don’t see much change. Our schools outspend 97 percent of other major school districts,” he said in a campaign ad.

“They don’t care, man. They come from the same environment,” Patterson said of city officials and what he described as an inability to deliver positive results for students. The Baltimore City Council leader, Nick Mosby, and other officials are “a product of Baltimore City schools.”

“But then when you bring this [analysis] to them, they don’t care. They don’t care at all. You have to raise the standard … Everyone should be speaking out about this.”

Officials for the city of Baltimore and its school district didn’t immediately respond to a request by The Epoch Times for comment.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Pat

I’d like to solve the puzzle. 😃

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Pat

slum, for the win.. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'd be interested in knowing the ethnic makeup of these students...though I can hazard a guess....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It's too late for those students.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ya don't need a high GPA to shoot up the hood.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
This is what happens when your culture ridicules the academic excellence and two parent homes that can break the cycle of poverty. Instead, it hangs its hopes on hoops and lottery tickets.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Correlate it to race and see what you find.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Well even here theres that problem.
To address it, if a kid doesnt turn in an assignment or flat out bombs a quiz or test, the lowest they can be given is a 50%.

That way they can go to credit recovery class and just press buttons over and over til the computer program says theyve reached the end ( loops til enough correct answers to go to next section, complete all sections and get the credit ). Literally, one could just press the buttons enough times on the short mult choice til program indexes....

Not even read the screen and in time, get the credit.
Could be all day, all week or a few minutes.

Some kids have health/ medical and come in, hammer out the work snd get caught up. Most however are fuggups snd the majority of one demographic.

Same ones having probs in big city schools, problems w the police and normal society.

Admins want those kids in school, have to be there so many days to get the gov money. Public school is a joke.
Those kids.....run the halls, raise hell.....the avg teacher in a reg classroom spends half the time telling tbem to shut up and sit down. 90% of the time its a black male raising hell.

You know the ones where 75% dont graduate.

Only way to put some distance between them and a kid wanting to learn, is to put the ones trying to be students in honors classes.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/16/21.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The dilution of grades and entrance exams and I'm even losing my trust in the credentialed professions. We have a complete dumbing down of society. Fake professionals fill society.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OldHat
The dilution of grades and entrance exams and I'm even losing my trust in the credentialed professions. We have a complete dumbing down of society. Fake professionals fill society.

Because holding up standards constitutes White racism directed at blacks to keep them down. Therefore, standards have to go.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Because holding up standards constitutes White racism directed at blacks to keep them down. Therefore, standards have to go.

Isnt it racist to expect a group of people by color to be lesser performing?

Youd think a self respecting black person would NOT want the system watered down.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We used to teach Latin, Greek, philosophy and the classics in high school.

Now we teach remedial English in college. A 201 level course...

Me

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I watched a show about Prof. Walter E. Williams. He said he was glad he received his education before it was fashionable for white people to like black people. That way an A on his transcript was the real thing.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by hookeye

Youd think a self respecting black person would NOT want the system watered down.

Exactly.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hookeye

They've been told that whenever there is a disparity (occupations, income, disciplinary action in schools, arrests, prison sentences, performance in school or on tests, etc.), it means that it's due to White folks discriminating against them in one way or another. That's far preferable for them to believe vs the alternative.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder what percentage of them will be registered Democrats.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Teal
We used to teach Latin, Greek, philosophy and the classics in high school.

Now we teach remedial English in college. A 201 level course...

The Algebra II and Trigonometry I had in high school forty years ago would be a stiff challenge for many students in college pre-calc courses today.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by slumlord
Pat

slum, for the win.. smile

Hahaha!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
I'd be interested in knowing the ethnic makeup of these students...though I can hazard a guess....

Then they're going to want to segregate the schools so ... that... the.......whoops. Can't do that, remember?

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 62 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.