Campfire 'Bwana
M
MMDV

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It's a lot quicker to grill a meal on gas, than charcoal.

Thanks, Canada !

Ehhhhhhhh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have a gas grill made by Barbeques Galore. Wife paid a lot of money for it several years ago. Has a rotisary which works great for cooking a turkey. She puts a disposable aluminum pan under the turkey to catch the drippings and uses that for the gravy.
For grilling, it never has worked that great. The heat is not even across the cooking surface with hot spots and not so hot spots. It always struggled to get to 450 degrees. Not really hot enough to sear meat. Put an adjustable regulator on it and that made a lot of difference. Now it will reach whatever temperature you want by adjusting the regulator. The heat is still not even across the cooking surface and I am sure it will shorten the life of the burners but everything in life is a compromise.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Wabis new name is “Grill a meal”

LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
I burn charcoal. I like the flavor.

This. Easier to clean. (Clean???), and doesn't attract bears. we do have a 4 burner Sears propane grill. - I don't like it... way bigger than we need, and as said- harder to keep clean enough to keep the bears off the deck..

Last edited by las; 07/16/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by troublesome82
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
It seems I buy a new one every 3 years no matter how well I take care of it. My brother bought a Weber gas’s grill a few years ago, burners and heat grates and cooking grates all heavy SS. The unit itself top and bottom is 1/4” or so thick cast Aluminum. Those go for around 1500.00 and was more than I wanted to spend. Last week at Sam’s they had a “Sams “ brand and it was their Pro series. It’s a new grill for this year and it mimics my brothers Weber to a Tee if not better. 5 burner and less than half the cost of the Webber. Anyway one showed up this week at the house for my birthday, will get put together on Sunday and I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Assemble the stand part and most all of it , if you can , on a table with a little battery drill( I like the little impact drills best). Much easier than doing it on the ground~

That’s was pretty much what I was thinking on doing. Great minds think alike I guess

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Got an old Weber Genesis that's 12-13 yrs old and it's been used a lot. It has very solid construction, heavier than the current Weber grills and I've gotten good service from it. At the moment I need to replace the grates and burners as they are really worn out. I think I bought this new for $550 so amortizing that for the years I've had it it cost me less than $50 per year. I suppose it better than buying a cheap grill every 1-2 years and paying much more over time. I still use a charcoal smoker and grill for when I got more time and want a different taste. It's all good.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife bought a Weber Spirit from Home Depot. Girls at work said they are Uber. Made in China fell apart in 3 years.
I do have a mini Weber table top. Model 1000 I think. Very well made, but grease just goes into a drip pan. No baffles to add smoke flavor. Run on pound tanks or large tank. Good for a quick portable cook fishing.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

My Weber is at 350* right now.............

Costco beer battered Cod & fries............

Ain't got no Halibut............

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My 14 year old Weber grill was picked up by the town Bulk pickup yesterday. It's replacement is about 800 bucks(Genesis) , not one issue other then replacing flavor bars and grates. The one time I needed customer service they were amazing. I get my new Weber tomorrow cannot wait.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We bought a Char Griller duo about 12 years ago.
Love the concept.
A big full sized gas grill, with the same in charcoal beside it.
Wanna quicker? The gas is ready in 2 or 3 minutes.

Wanna go tantrum? Ser the chimney on the side burner and get.
That canonized wood hot!

Seriously, it's great to have the choice. Or, for a big picnic, the capacity.
Either side can handle 16 burgers, so we get the coals going, and can turn
out a pile of burgers and dogs in short order.

But it's sheet steel. The gas side was junk a couple years ago.
Body parts alone cost more than a new freestanding grill.
So I bought their freestanding grill.
And put it in the chassis.
Put new brackets, flavorizer bars, and burner tubes (they turned out to not be bad) in this spring. $80 to our door. In 2 or 3 year the whole thing is junk.

Not sure what's next, but I'm liking that Weber stocks parts for old stuff
Been looking. Might pick up a used older Weber. Sometimes they are given away.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So got it all together today and did a few rib eyes for dinner. I’ll post my my overall opinions and observations after another few day. Lots of pluses and a few minuses.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Algotguns, 21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.