Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I can say this about the Civil War. The government at that time, ran by Lincoln sent it's army into a state over reasons that have been debated since that day. That state fought back. Fast forward to today. When and if the president of whatever time uses armed forces against it's own citizens there will already be a propaganda play book in use to make it so all the blame falls on the side that opposes the federal government. You can bank on that.

They will produce their "Emancipation Proclamation" to sanctify their cause.

Yep. I’m sure they’ve already working on it. Biden’s already threatened us with Nukes and F-15’s.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Absolutely no one cares about Texas.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by callnum

Except for little POS Trolls. Like you. Tell us where the big ole Texan hurt your Pussy.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Douglas McCarther burning out the bonus marchers. [Linked Image from mstartzman.pbworks.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Except for little POS Trolls. Like you. Tell us where the big ole Texan hurt your Pussy.

Steers and queers come from Texas, my guess is you are the latter.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
these civil war threads are the greatest.

Gold Jerry, Gold

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
I have pondered this. I know sectional differences had simmered for a long time...it puzzles me why so many would oppose a separate country and die to prevent it.... giving your life to keep the nation united

I also believe that few Northern whites opposed slavery on moral grounds... the phrase in the Battle Hymn of the Republic "let us die to make men free" is enigmatic.

This will NEVER happen! In fact they are getting ready to appoint ONE king over the entire world and we will have a one world government

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am only going to say this one thing about this. I had 2 Great Grandfathers that fought for the South and neither owned Slaves, nor did their families. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by milespatton
I am only going to say this one thing about this. I had 2 Great Grandfathers that fought for the South and neither owned Slaves, nor did their families. miles

Southerners did not fight so plantation owners could have slaves.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Steers and queers come from Texas, my guess is you are the latter.

Come on down. We’ll enjoy educating a POS like you on the difference.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

And that is perfectly fine with me.

Have a great weekend. Im doing pork ribs tomorrow.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by deflave
Yankee isn’t strictly a geographic term. It can be, but it is a bit more specific than that. Though it would be true to state that since slightly before the Civil War and mostly since, Yankees have hijacked the national government, set policy, and determined what is and isn’t “American”.

“Yankee” means whatever a person wants it to mean.

Same as n—-er.

“Texan” on the other hand…

LOL

Nope, Yankee is actually a fairly specific historical term. It’s probably 300 years old at least.

OK

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Calls4cum,

Got any pics of that “big city” you live in?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by jdm953
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The south didnt fight a war to keep slaves. They fought because they were attacked. They simply fought back.

I've read most of the declarations of independence published by each of the southers states. Preserving slavery was mentioned as the prime cause of their secession. I don't recallany mention of being attacked.

You have two different subjects. Secession is one fighting is the other. The south was attacked by the north. The south fought back.

That's a good point about two different subjects, now that you mention it. The Southern states actually wanted to secede peacefully and maintain relations with the North. They were willing to pay cash for Ft. Sumter et al. Lincoln would not allow that because what would happen if later Texas wanted to secede from the CSA or New England wanted to secede from the USA? Our country would have dissolved.

Is secession legal? Nothing in the Constitution prevents it. No court has ever ruled on whether it is or not.

California almost seceded in 1861. Their thought was to remain neutral. Kentucky declared neutrality but the South overreached a bit and invaded Kentucky. Maryland wanted to secede but northern troops prevented them.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The south didnt fight a war to keep slaves. They fought because they were attacked. They simply fought back.

I've read most of the declarations of independence published by each of the southers states. Preserving slavery was mentioned as the prime cause of their secession. I don't recallany mention of being attacked.

No you haven’t, or you wouldn’t say that.

Why then we'll have to disagree.

As to why northern boys would enlist to fight the war, I have asked that question about my two great great grandfathers. Picture yourself as an Ohio farm boy. Your life is pretty boring. Your life is all laid out. You've never met a Southerner but heard bad things about them. Suddenly, they want to leave your country. Isn't that good? Why try to stop them?

Well, a local politician appoints himself a Colonel and raises a regiment. Aha, a chance for some excitement. To see the world. Spiffy uniforms. An enlistment bonus in cash. And everyone knows it'll be over by Christmas. This is your last--and maybe--only chance. Besides everyone's doing it. Danger? No, glory. One big battle and the Rebs will all run away like dogs....won't they?

The same sort of ferver infected the boys of hte European powers at the start of World War I.

The "fine print" in the contract said it was a 3-year enlistment. At the end of that time neither one re-enlisted, even though the war was not yet over.

It’s not a matter of disagreement, it’s a matter of you being wrong.

Could be but please read the Georgia Declaration of Independence (and others) that Birdwatcher posted about a page after my post.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You don’t have to read a book to hate Yankees. I’ll take three Mexicans for every Yankee we get to throw in the ocean.

Come try phaggot. Bring your friends

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave

Calls4cum,

Got any pics of that “big city” you live in?

LOL

Sure isn’t anywhere in Florida. Only state worse than Texas.
Why did you follow the beat bag there?
LOL

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I can say this about the Civil War. The government at that time, ran by Lincoln sent it's army into a state over reasons that have been debated since that day. That state fought back. Fast forward to today. When and if the president of whatever time uses armed forces against it's own citizens there will already be a propaganda play book in use to make it so all the blame falls on the side that opposes the federal government. You can bank on that.

They will produce their "Emancipation Proclamation" to sanctify their cause.

Yep. I’m sure they’ve already working on it. Biden’s already threatened us with Nukes and F-15’s.

They have a playbook for everything under the sun just waiting for the right event to let them use it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You don’t have to read a book to hate Yankees. I’ll take three Mexicans for every Yankee we get to throw in the ocean.

That’s because you will need the help of the three Mexicans to throw that one Yankee in the ocean. It’s not like you can send the slaves to do it for you anymore. LOL!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The last American Civil War was about taxation and (lack of) representation. You are seeing it again.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 16 invisible), 2,225 guests, and 721 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,665
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.