Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The only thing I'm really worried about Is going under. The last time, when I had surgery on my hands after the dog attacked me, my heart stopped while I was under and they had to resuscitate me. When I came to the dr told me I need to tell you something. I cut him off and told him I saw everything, cause I did. Won't get into all the details, but it was pretty cool.

Last edited by stxhunter; 07/17/21. Reason: Using the ph.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
BP-B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You should be just fine Roger, course', that's when they put the "chip", in. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
The only thing I'm really worried about Is going under. The last time, when I had surgery on my hands after the dog attacked me, my heart stopped while I was under and they had to resuscitate me. When I came to the dr told you I need to tell you. I cut him and told him I saw everything, cause I did. Won't get into all the details, but it was pretty cool.

Never had it done myself but I have heard that some use a drug called "Versed" which doesn't put you out and you can function just like normal but you will remember nothing. That stuff is freaky as hell because you can carry on a conversation with your Dr. or anyone else but you won't have any idea that you did. They used that on me for my heart catheter and I have no recollection of what they did or what I did for a couple of hours afterward, then memory was sketchy for another couple of hours. My wife had no idea what the drug would do and had no idea that I couldn't remember any of the Drs. instructions even though I was talking to him like everything was normal.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"The only thing I'm really worried about Is going under."

That's the reason I haven't had a colon scan in over 20 years. That and nobody in my family has ever had colon cancer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Roger, you’ll have an anesthesiologist go over some things with you a in a Pre-Admission phone call. If not there, certainly in the pre-op prep.

You may have to come to the facility and do an EKG.

A twilight combo of versed/fentanyl could be option. I imagine though, they’d want you pretty still and prefer General. Don’t wanna rip nothing if you get to flinching.

Definitely tell them of this previous situation, so they more closely monitor that side of the situation while youre sedated.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Fentanyl is great. Puts you right out, and when you wake up, you can get up in 15-20 minutes and walk out. No grogginess.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by StGeorger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Listen to this before you go under.

Have a Sleepy Time Time:

Thanks for that, hadn't heard it in years.

I'm listening to Spoonful, 17 minute version, from that concert right now. Sure would have been great to have been there. Crossroads up next.

Hope Roger makes it through intact! shocked

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m rolling the dice. If it’s my time, so be it, Not paying to be sodomized. YMMV.

Never lost a family member to butthole cancer.

Give me the dice next.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only thing I'm really worried about Is going under. The last time, when I had surgery on my hands after the dog attacked me, my heart stopped while I was under and they had to resuscitate me. When I came to the dr told you I need to tell you. I cut him and told him I saw everything, cause I did. Won't get into all the details, but it was pretty cool.

Take Stubbs with you....Moral support and all that.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m rolling the dice. If it’s my time, so be it, Not paying to be sodomized. YMMV.

Never lost a family member to butthole cancer.

Give me the dice next.

🦫

Originally Posted by Beaver10

Take Stubbs with you....Moral support and all that.

🦫
Will do that, I've lost one uncle to it, the other two to cancer also and my mom, siblings. My Dad has prostate cancer, also have to get checked for that.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have had three colonoscopys, and the 4th is scheduled. The first one, I was not out, but able to watch the camera moving through me. The other two, I was out.
Never any colon cancer in my family, but a college friend was in same situation. At age 50, colon cancer. He survived but has worn “a bag” ever since ( 20 years).
I can’t fathom that bag thing, so I’ll go through a few hours of severe diarrhea every five years and a non issue procedure at the same time.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sounds like the perfect job for a Leupold.

LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Guy I used to work with died on the table, almost 4 minutes. He has some really interesting things to say about those 4 minutes.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Guy I used to work with died on the table, almost 4 minutes. He has some really interesting things to say about those 4 minutes.

P

What did he have to say?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well the colonoscopy got canceled, called the Clinic earlier and they are no longer in the MD Anderson program, so now my Dr is going to have to set one up with another. It sure was nice of them not calling earlier.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Stay on top of it,get it done.

Seems like someone would've known,,,,,,,maybe ?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
735 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 85 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.