Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
Had one open here. Have not been through the door yet. Maybe in a couple months or so.

If you are a shopper that likes xyz brand. Prolly not for you.

If you like to shop and get any brand mayo, ketchup, coulple bags of chips and a stick of deodorant. You’ll like it.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
We’ve got one about a mile from me. One family owned super market/hardware store and a DG. I hate to see DG pop up and squeeze out old school mom and pop stores. No doubt they have a great business model through bulk purchasing power and can out compete the mom and pop shops. They’re the modern commercial made in China products general store for rule America.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DG has made in USA stuff.

Ice chest. Garbage bags. Plastic storage containers. Food of course. Paper goods.

Like any other store now. Look at the COO of what you buy.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think their plan is to never anyone be more than 7 miles from a DG. We have 4 within that and we are semi rural. At least it is for our regional population densities. Certainly that won’t apply in Jerkwater, USA population 120.

They are the only quickie type stores aside from 2 small gas stations that seemingly hang. One gas station has a Subway, kerosene/diesel, weekend BBQ pit.

Anyway, DG isn’t always a good bargain. It’s mostly convenience...DUH!

We have to trudge 20 miles of distance and 2 dozen red lights to get to a Walmart.

There is a Food Lion 10 miles away.

DG for a pack of buns, a gallon of milk, knockoff girl scout cookies or something bizarre like oh crap we need 3 cans of sweetened condensed milk for a recipe right the hell now.
There is rarely anything on sale at DG and you damn sure do not want to buy a Ray-O-Vac 9-V battery there for a TENS unit. lol
$5 a pop.

Ours finally got a beer license.

Be sweet if they had gas pumps like some other places on KY and southern Middle Tn.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
God Bless'em.

They keep us from having to drive so many miles (over 20) just to get to the nearest China Mart and our nearby Dollar General is well staffed, friendly, immaculate, well stocked and convenient af for us country folk.

And when we go up to Devil's Lake in Michigan a few times a year including the 4th and for Tip Up every February .... that Dollar General right there on Michigan Ave is convenient af, always in great shape and well staffed .... I will say they sometimes run out of things during peak season and there was some kind of truck issues or something here not long ago .... but Dollar Generals are kicking ass because they are doing it right in the convenience market and saving we remote clientele a lot of time and gas money for essentials.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keystone Light 15 pk for $6.79.

#🙌🙌

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCRooster
God Bless'em.

They keep us from having to drive so many miles (over 20) just to get to the nearest China Mart and our nearby Dollar General is well staffed, friendly, immaculate, well stocked and convenient af for us country folk.

And when we go up to Devil's Lake in Michigan a few times a year including the 4th and for Tip Up every February .... that Dollar General right there on Michigan Ave is convenient af, always in great shape and well staffed .... I will say they sometimes run out of things during peak season and there was some kind of truck issues or something here not long ago .... but Dollar Generals are kicking ass because they are doing it right in the convenience market and saving we remote clientele a lot of time and gas money for essentials.

Devil’s Lake is along way from SC. Do you do any ice fishing on Saginaw Bay?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
I think their plan is to never anyone be more than 7 miles from a DG. We have 4 within that and we are semi rural. At least it is for our regional population densities. Certainly that won’t apply in Jerkwater, USA population 120.

They are the only quickie type stores aside from 2 small gas stations that seemingly hang. One gas station has a Subway, kerosene/diesel, weekend BBQ pit.

We have to trudge 20 miles of distance and 2 dozen red lights to get to a Walmart.

DG for a pack of buns, a gallon of milk, knockoff girl scout cookies or something bizarre like oh crap we need 3 cans of sweetened condensed milk for a recipe right the hell now.
There is rarely anything on sale at DG and you damn sure do not want to buy a Ray-O-Vac 9-V battery there for a TENS unit. lol
$5 a pop.

Be sweet if they had gas pumps like some other places on KY and southern Middle Tn.

Slum, what’s you locales population?

We’re at 1452 people within a 2 mile radius.

DG opened one here, two years ago.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny, and sad at the same time, watching methhead mamas buying Xmas presents at DG.

Always a couple cases of Busch beer in every cart, along with a smorgasbord of items for junior and little sis.

Thanks, mama, I always wanted a pair of rubber palmed gloves.

😬🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2010 census says we ha e 16k people.

5 DG spread thru the county.

I think DG has a lot to due with the manager.

Some are spotless. Some look like a cyclone just went thru. Stuff in the floors.

Dave

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Keystone Light 15 pk for $6.79.

#🙌🙌

I’m good 👍

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What’s the yeller?. Butter?

Dave

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Next they're getting a federal grant for copy machines.

Old guy, old guns.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10

$5 a pop.

Slum, what’s you locales population?

We’re at 1452 people within a 2 mile radius.

DG opened one here, two years ago.

🦫

I’d have to guess about 6,500 for a 5 mile radius. That would allow me to grab 3 little Unincorps together.

But the county has about 140,000 towards the city center 20 miles away. There are about 14 DG in the whole county.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Time sensitive material

OP/SEC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Time sensitive material

OP/SEC

#playonplaya
#dontletkeepinitrealgowrong

#chapelleshow

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Funny, and sad at the same time, watching methhead mamas buying Xmas presents at DG.

Always a couple cases of Busch beer in every cart, along with a smorgasbord of items for junior and little sis.

Thanks, mama, I always wanted a pair of rubber palmed gloves.

😬🦫

Not sure if I’d call it sad but more annoying.

A meth head mama buying an entire cart full of groceries. Junkfood mostly. Not the most intelligent value shopper for her family.

I had to go back and swap out my quart of EDY’s ice cream. It was half melted by the time her merch good all tallied up and bagged. Half my buzz had been spent waiting on all that. Put the cookie dough vanilla back and just got the cottonmouth killer chocolate.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by AU7MM08
Damn things are everywhere and it never fails slow as can be to get checked out because they're understaffed.

No free lunch. You want cheap [bleep] you’re probably going to get [bleep] service and low quality products.

Yup that's why I don't shop at DG with any regularity.
The exception to that might be some beer at non peak hours.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What the hell is a "dollar general" ? is that like a high dollar dollar store? wtf do they sell besides Keystone beer and rubber gloves? I have never been in one

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mom and Pop general stores mostly died out here decades ago.
Semi rural, everyone mostly lives within 15 miles or so of a grocery store,
Or the population cant keep a small store going. Gone either way.

Have always had 2 DG stores in the county, one each in the big towns(2-4 stoplights).

They have built 4 additional ones in the last 10 years.
All busy, all important in their area.

Also got Family Dollar. (Looks like it belongs in the hood)
And a Bargin Tree.

Thing about Mom and Pop. (Stores or farms)
People worship them.
Romanticize them.
Complain when they close.
Bitch because the can't pop in for bread or milk.

But bread and milk won't keep a store going.

And most folk, will not go to Mom And Pop to buy anymore
than necessary. Because it's more expensive.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 52 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.