Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
All my maps are flat. laugh

,,😄

Believe it or not, I actually heard that used to prove their theory
. . Not saying you believe it. That was a good one.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

This is what Christians have believed for as long as they read the Bible. There's disagreement with interpretation of some verses, but don't let the atheists try to discredit as they keep trying to do.
Then some foolish atheists drop by to try to tell US what WE believe and they haven't so much as read the Bible from cover to cover.

Christians are [bleep] stupid, especially the ones who believe the earth is only a few thousand years old. At this point, it’s impossible for somebody to be a Christian and also be intelligent.

No. Study about the first earth age and the gap between Gen. 1:1 and !:2. The word "was" in Gen 1:2 would be better as "became". When you read it think like this. I saw Hiroshima and it was void and without form.

Last edited by jdm953; 07/17/21.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Flat Earth Society has a big following in black powder cartridge rifle shooting. We believe that the farther away you get from 45 caliber the more likely you'll fall off the edge and not be able to find your way back. You know I wouldn't bullsh*t you. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Remember when my son first came home talking about Christopher Columbus and his voyage and telling me , “did you know they used to think the earth was flat ?”
I listened to him chatter on and decided to have some fun . I pulled the chair out at the dinning table and sat down looking dead serious , told him to set down .
I don’t know why these teachers keep telling you kids the earth is round , but it’s not .
He’s looking at me perplexed .
It’s flat , there have been people who have went to far out into the ocean and never seen again .
He ask’s what happened to them ?
Keeping a complete straight face , well , they fell off the earth .
He looks at me and asked what made me believe that , I’m fighting a big grin and continued with more B.S. and starting to have him doubt his teacher .
Next day he comes home and serious as a heart attack , dad the earth is not flat . The teacher explained the sun and moon and says she has no ideas why you would say it was flat .
I lost it and cracked up .
But regrouped and proceeded to make my case , LMAO .
He got some kind of mad and I would bug him about it from time to time , it took a while for him to see the humor .
Kenneth

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jdm953

This is what Christians have believed for as long as they read the Bible. There's disagreement with interpretation of some verses, but don't let the atheists try to discredit as they keep trying to do.
Then some foolish atheists drop by to try to tell US what WE believe and they haven't so much as read the Bible from cover to cover.

Christians are [bleep] stupid, especially the ones who believe the earth is only a few thousand years old. At this point, it’s impossible for somebody to be a Christian and also be intelligent.

No. Study about the first earth age and the gap between Gen. 1:1 and !:2. The word "was" in Gen 1:2 would be better as "became". When you read it think like this. I saw Hiroshima and it was void and without form.

Are you referring to the gap theory?
Do you believe that there was a previous creation described in verse one followed by a long period of millions of years vs.2. ?
Are you getting at the 6 days as geological ages rather than literal days?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by ironbender
We jawbone about everything else here.

See, I can prove it![Linked Image from kearsleyeclipse.com]

Psst. That’s not proof. wink

Do the flat earths also believe that 6000 year old crap too?...

Yes, they do.
The Modern Flat Earth Movement is primarily driven by biblical literalist.
It can't be literally Bible when the Bible says nothing of the kind. That's total nonsense.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Do you believe that there was a previous creation described in verse one followed by a long period of millions of years vs.2. ?

I dont see the six days as anything but six days. The first Earth age comes up a lot in NT. The world that then was ect. If you spend a lot of time reading Daniel you will see two destruction events. One of them is the story of Noah. The other does not have any survivors.They are easily confused. Lots of good material on the internet. Sorry to be rambling I am really tired and sleepy.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Membership is growing rapidly. The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

Bruce

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I dont see the six days as anything but six days. The first Earth age comes up a lot in NT. The world that then was ect. If you spend a lot of time reading Daniel you will see two destruction events. One of them is the story of Noah. The other does not have any survivors.They are easily confused. Lots of good material on the internet. Sorry to be rambling I am really tired and sleepy.

No worries. I was just curious. There were a couple of preachers I used to know that taught on the gap theory and geological ages more than anyone I have heard. I never heard about it in regards to the flat earth theory though.
I might be wrong, AK thinks christians are stupid has more to do with him choosing to not believe the Bible because he was raised in a government school agnostic world view than it does with Christians.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
When I started this, I did not know there , WAS, a Flat Earth Society!

Like Foghorn Leghorn, says, It's a joke son.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Evangelicals and Baptists never believed in the flat earth theories that atheists tried to discredit "christianity" with.
It was the non biblical views that led to the flat earth hypothesis.
I don't debate it because atheist just lie and say it has something to do with Christianity and mix in their religion of evil-ution as if THAT'S scientific law.

It's a matter of what the bible describes, not what atheists say.

The Bible does Not describe what atheists have falsely accused Christians of believing. There is a fringe group that believe that pancake hypothesis. Some of them claim to be christian, thus twist the Bible to agree with their claims. I have heard groups of them and have yet to find one christian among them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I started this, I did not know there , WAS, a Flat Earth Society!

Like Foghorn Leghorn, says, It's a joke son.

I know.
It Is funny.

...until someone finishes off the whole bottle, trips and falls off the edge of the planet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The dinosaurs live on the bottom side of the earth.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Remember when my son first came home talking about Christopher Columbus and his voyage and telling me , “did you know they used to think the earth was flat ?”

It's a shame that kids are still being taught that people in the late 1400's still thought the earth was flat. Here is a video from the series Cosmos that describes just how far back man actually discoverd it's true shape.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
The dinosaurs live on the bottom side of the earth.

You saw that documentary too?

,😄

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Evangelicals and Baptists never believed in the flat earth theories that atheists tried to discredit "christianity" with.
I don't debate it because atheist just lie and say it has something to do with Christianity and mix in their religion of evil-ution as if THAT'S scientific law.

The Bible does Not describe what atheists have falsely accused Christians of believing. There is a fringe group that believe that pancake hypothesis. Some of them claim to be christian, thus twist the Bible to agree with their claims. I have heard groups of them and have yet to find one christian among them.

What you claim atheists say, what atheists actually say may be different.

The issue is not what you say, what I say, what Christians say or what atheists say, but what the bible says, what the bible describes.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by bcp
Membership is growing rapidly. The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

Bruce

That's funny!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

What you claim atheists say, what atheists actually say may be different.

The issue is not what you say, what I say, what Christians say or what atheists say, but what the bible says, what the bible describes.

Eisegesis….. you have a bad case of it.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have incontrovertible proof the earth is fairly flat...if it wasn't, the cousins down in Oz would fall off. And this is just anecdotal, but if you sit on any Pacific beach facing west and watch the sun go down...you will hear a large hissing noise as it sinks into the sea.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I have incontrovertible proof the earth is fairly flat...if it wasn't, the cousins down in Oz would fall off. And this is just anecdotal, but if you sit on any Pacific beach facing west and watch the sun go down...you will hear a large hissing noise as it sinks into the sea.

laugh

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,558 guests, and 704 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,536
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.