Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RDW
I have a 13 year old Denver Mattress Durango, not a pillow top but plush I guess that is seriously worn out. I sleep like dogs h! t and have put off replacing it for at least six years.

I remember how nice it felt when I bought it and I would sink down an inch or so but it still had good coil spring support.

I am leaning towards a bed in the box off Amazon with a sleep trial but can't make up my mind if I want latex or memory foam, memory/latex hybrid, firm, medium or plush and it's driving me nuts.

As was noted earlier everyone is different but I am beginning to think any mattress is better than the worn out mattress I have now.

How does a sleep trial work with something from Amazon? Meaning, how does one box it back up to return?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Another vote for Sleep Number. Set your side for you, and her side for her. You can have it at any level of firmness from cloud to morgue - and change it a bit any night you are restless. I'm a side sleeper, so need a softer setting of 45. Back sleepers can start at 65 and go up as far as needed.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Never fails...

“By golly...what you need is a $6,000 bed like mine”

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 1minute
I need a firm level bed to sleep on. Anything letting my hips or but settle into a depression leave me with a sore back in the morning. Everything comes around within a couple minutes of standing, but I have to wake up for any mid-rest adjustments in position.

It took me several years to realize this was exactly what I needed also. The best sleep I ever had without any issues the next morning was after sleeping on a super firm mattress in Vegas for a week stay. I immediately ordered the firmest mattress I could find with a thin pillow top and it resolved any back pain I had the next day.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I sleep on a 10oz canvas painter’s tarp on a tile floor, cold nights I’ll put a wool army surplus blanket under the tarp.

‘Course I’m sleeping alone of late.... but my Ex slept like that too for 20 years.

No back problems but then I’ve never injured it like many.

That sounds fit for a king

Consider the alternative, an elaborate soft mattress or you can’t sleep? How in earth did we arrive at this?

Charles Goodnight, even after he became a wealthy man, slept outside on the ground his whole life, and he lived to be 93. That would be my preference too ‘cept it ain’t practical where I live.

I also sleep well on the ground or on the floor but I like my bed just fine too. I don't know that I want to be 93! GD

IC B2

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Never try anything new.

Thats what my wife says.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by RDW
I have a 13 year old Denver Mattress Durango, not a pillow top but plush I guess that is seriously worn out. I sleep like dogs h! t and have put off replacing it for at least six years.

I remember how nice it felt when I bought it and I would sink down an inch or so but it still had good coil spring support.

I am leaning towards a bed in the box off Amazon with a sleep trial but can't make up my mind if I want latex or memory foam, memory/latex hybrid, firm, medium or plush and it's driving me nuts.

As was noted earlier everyone is different but I am beginning to think any mattress is better than the worn out mattress I have now.

How does a sleep trial work with something from Amazon? Meaning, how does one box it back up to return?

I am not certain with Amazon, some firms send someone out to pick up the mattress and it’s donated.

Dave

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by RDW

I am not certain with Amazon, some firms send someone out to pick up the mattress and it’s donated.

Donated? Not here in North Carolina. I was working for a nonprofit, sort of a Goodwill store. We went to pick up a bunch of furniture at a house, estate sale deal, we got tables and chairs, we got an oven and a washing machine. She wanted to donate what looked like a real nice mattress and box springs.
And my boss said "Nein!"

Turns out it is illegal to take in used mattresses and give them away or sell them in this state. Fear of bed bugs. Really, that is a pretty smart law.
And so, my nice [nearly] new Belks mattress topper is headed for the dumpster.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
If your mattress topper isn’t getting the job done, trade her in for a new improved model.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The my pillow mattress topper helps with my lower spine. I highly recommend.

IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Memory foam is useless. Latex or high density foam is far better for support.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Had a waterbed in the '70's. Yep, dumber than dumb. Firm mattress now from Costco. No pillow top.

Old guy, old guns.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Girlfriends, ha. Fuggem.

Wives, ha. Try.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We like a firm mattress

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I have a really nice electric massage matt from Zillion, thing cost about $180 bucks. It sets in a chair. Massages your back and has a heater in it.

Does this thing really work or not?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Zillion massage chair works great.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We use a medium firm 3” talalay latex topper on twin xl mattresses pushed together. Works for us.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Got a new bed couple months ago, sprang for the electric adjuster to lift/lower the head and foot. I thought it was a wast of money, but my wife's been having shoulder/neck/back problems.

Turns out I really like it, especially all they way in zero gravity. She now prefers it flat. Go fugking figure LOL

MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I travel frequently and stay at hotels. Get rid of any type of topper and sleep on a plain firm mattress. I rarely have back problems, but whenever I do, it's when I'm stuck at a hotel that has those dang toppers (which is beginning to be more and more of them).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think some people understand how something like a mattress topper, or sleeping anything but flat can fug up an already bad back.

We bought a new mattress (good one), and also the incline base for it. Great for watching TV or working in bed. A god send when sick and just wanting to hang out and watch TV and be miserable in comfort. But damn, the old lady wants to sleep like that! I swear, I don't know how she slept on a flat bed for over 50 years the way she complains when I flatten it back out to go to sleep. But damn, if I crawl in tired and don't notice it is elevated a little, or do not get it all the way back down flat, my back is fugged for days and days. I'm a side sleeper, so any kind of too soft topper or mattress, or sleeping on an inclined bed on the side just ruins my damn day.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 3,069 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.