Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T

An employee of an ammunition company (who may not be authorized to publicly endorse Indian Creek chokes) recently recommended I buy an Indian Creek Assault (Predator) choke in 12 gauge (.710) for - naturally - predators.

Those chokes are currently out of stock for my Beretta A400, so I've got time to ponder and put the question out here as to whether anyone has experience with them.

Any good? Are they going to be $85 worth of better with TSS shot than my factory full choke?

Last edited by tjm10025; 06/04/21.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They make really nice chokes, my turkey choke is a keeper for sure. Will be interested to hear the replies

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Indian Creek makes a great choke. The only downside is that they are heavy as a pipe screwed into the end of the barrel. Though my Indian Creek choke actually patterns slightly better, I prefer the Kick's Chokes. The Kick's Chokes are a little shorter, lighter, better balanced and better looking. Just another option to consider.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am also a fan of comp-n-choke. I’ve never even considered the weight of the chokes and don’t feel the difference when I swap out my factory chokes but then again my gun is not the lightest either.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don't know for this specific choke, but the one Indian creek choke I have is a good one.

Look at jebs chokes too. They are great.

I'm not sure any of the above offer a significant advantage over factory. But one could say the same for many firearm products.

IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Never owned an Indian Creek choke or a Jebs choke.

I do recall reading on the internet several years back about some of the Indian Creek turkey chokes cracking and a few being blown from a few shotgun barrels.
That had nothing to do with me not owning one....the first time I laid eyes on one the design of an Indian Creek choke with those long thin slits looked flimsy to me. I don't want something in my gun that looks like it could be screwed up with a small thin screw driver.

Jebs on the other had looks strong and more conventional....Only thing stopped me from buying a Jebs Choke was I called them and asked what constriction did they recommend for a Mobile choked SBE shooting Winchester Longbeard 2 oz #4 shot....the reply was "we don't shoot #4 shot". I knew right then our conversation was over....I'm not Jeb Choke's $100 Guinea Pig.

Later I heard of some point of impact issues so I never bought a Jebs Choke.

With that said I've tried a lot of aftermarket chokes and when I choke I choke on Patternmaster.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by LFC

I do recall reading on the internet several years back about some of the Indian Creek turkey chokes cracking and a few being blown from a few shotgun barrels.

I had one of the IC Black Diamond Strike choke tubes that cracked. It actually made a different sound the following shot after it cracked. Curious as to what made the different noise, I discovered the crack. To Indian Creek's credit, they quickly sent a replacement choke tube no questions asked other than what was the shipping address.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would say that constriction recommendation is spot on, personally I would lean more towards a trulock, carlsons, or a kicks over Indian creek. Just my 2cents.

Think i need a bigger gun

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,218
Posts18,466,389
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.