Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The bottom line is, less 1%, as in ONE percent of the total population will die from the China flu - Covid-19. You have to be either really unhealthy or highly unlucky to die from Covid-19. Common sense isn't very common anymore and people either can't or won't think for themselves anymore.

ANOTHER one that "gets it". People need to grow a set and do for themselves and think for themselves. When you do for yourself, the consequences, and benefits are yours and yours alone.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The US customs man I talked to.
He, "Are you an American citizen?"
Me, "Yes".
He, "We can't keep you out sir".

I was told the same thing, as was my wife. Our only issue with travel to the US has been the imposition of quarantine rules for returning Canadians (unless the travel is deemed essential). The truth is, the 49th parallel has absolutely nothing to do with the spread of covid. It is a political boundary. There is a steady stream of commercial traffic crossing the border and dozens of flights. Covid didn't drive across the border; it came into cities via international air travel and spread from there. It came from Wuhan, China and it was likely sent out on purpose. GD

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Greydog, Yes lines drawn on a map. Birds fly back, and forth, the wind blows across the border, "essential people have contact with people on both sides.

Who know what can be in. and on parcels shipped?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog

I was told the same thing, as was my wife....
It came from Wuhan, China and it was likely sent out on purpose. GD

greydog;
Good morning to you sir, I hope your part of the world is at least a wee bit less smoky than we are this morning once again and that you and yours had a decent week and are well.

Since I am of the belief that in the majority of instances "coincidences" aren't mathematically possible, I'd make the following observations regarding your statement that the beer flu was an intentional strike.

- The issues with the million plus protestors in Hong Kong disappeared over night.
- It didn't help Trump one bit and he was in my view a fairly large thorn in their side.
- It advanced the long term goal of China becoming the global economic power as far as it's effect on their economy
- It let a bunch of nations including Canada test how many restrictions they could place on their population without push back. Whomever wanted that social experiment done gets a gold star for Quebec and Alberta alone in my view.

That's the tip of the "coincidences" really and we could likely find way too many more if we had the time or inclination.

As I told a good friend of mine, if this isn't some "grand experiment" by "someone" to "see what happens" - well it's accomplished the very same thing as if it was, was my point, you know?

I wish you were wrong and I wish I was wrong as well, but as the lines of the Ian Tyson song go, "wishin' don't make it so".

All the best to you all regardless sir, let's hope for some rain.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Its looking more and more like the best evidence is that the virus did in fact come from the lab in Wuhan. Whether it was intentional or not remains to be seen. In my opinion it was very likely intentionally released. Trump was making life hard on the CCP. I've seen some of the evidence Mike Lindell the my pillow guy is going to release next month on the election, and while Im no technology guru the experts he has lined up say they have iron clad proof that China flipped the election. Mr Lindell has just announced that he will give anyone who can prove his data is fake or wrong 5-million dollars. He's certainly confident so it will be interesting to watch his three day symposium next month. Either way, China went all in to stop Trump.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by BC30cal

greydog;
Good morning to you sir, I hope your part of the world is at least a wee bit less smoky than we are this morning once again and that you and yours had a decent week and are well.

Since I am of the belief that in the majority of instances "coincidences" aren't mathematically possible, I'd make the following observations regarding your statement that the beer flu was an intentional strike.

- The issues with the million plus protestors in Hong Kong disappeared over night.
- It didn't help Trump one bit and he was in my view a fairly large thorn in their side.
- It advanced the long term goal of China becoming the global economic power as far as it's effect on their economy
- It let a bunch of nations including Canada test how many restrictions they could place on their population without push back. Whomever wanted that social experiment done gets a gold star for Quebec and Alberta alone in my view.

That's the tip of the "coincidences" really and we could likely find way too many more if we had the time or inclination.

As I told a good friend of mine, if this isn't some "grand experiment" by "someone" to "see what happens" - well it's accomplished the very same thing as if it was, was my point, you know?

I wish you were wrong and I wish I was wrong as well, but as the lines of the Ian Tyson song go, "wishin' don't make it so".

Dwayne

Heavy smoke today; pretty gloomy.
Initially, I was willing to believe the virus was a trans-species jump but, even if that was the case, we knew about it and it should have remained a Chinese epidemic. The subsequent actions of the Chinese were just too consistent with a "let's see how the west reacts" scenario for me to believe this was not the case. Perhaps not orchestrated from the start but certainly an opportunity exploited. Can you imagine the effect if this was a truly deadly disease? We, in the west, failed miserably in our response. Our leaders, essentially, chose to punish their own people rather than to formulate real plans to deal with what was, in reality, a biological attack on our countries; intentional or not. I would not be a bit surprised to see the creation of a "Ministry of Truth" in either Canada or the US.
Not seeing a lot of rain in the forecast. If we don't get some pretty soon, our hunting season might be in jeopardy. GD

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by BC30cal

greydog;

Dwayne

Heavy smoke today; pretty gloomy.
Initially, I was willing to believe the virus was a trans-species jump but, even if that was the case, we knew about it and it should have remained a Chinese epidemic. The subsequent actions of the Chinese were just too consistent with a "let's see how the west reacts" scenario for me to believe this was not the case. Perhaps not orchestrated from the start but certainly an opportunity exploited. Can you imagine the effect if this was a truly deadly disease? We, in the west, failed miserably in our response. Our leaders, essentially, chose to punish their own people rather than to formulate real plans to deal with what was, in reality, a biological attack on our countries; intentional or not. I would not be a bit surprised to see the creation of a "Ministry of Truth" in either Canada or the US.
Not seeing a lot of rain in the forecast. If we don't get some pretty soon, our hunting season might be in jeopardy. GD

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
The longer youse guys are locked down the better, Canada is poised to slip down out of 10th place in the world GDP...Maybe that would give 'Sparkle Socks" his unemployment notice?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
No. Liberals believe the economy will take care of itself. The liberal mind looks at Justin and his record and sees no flaw. The media will avoid any mention of any misstep and pounce on any possible chance to discredit the conservative side. I'm quite sure that all journalism students must take a class on "liberalism and why it's good for us". GD

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
No. Liberals believe the economy will take care of itself. The liberal mind looks at Justin and his record and sees no flaw. The media will avoid any mention of any misstep and pounce on any possible chance to discredit the conservative side. I'm quite sure that all journalism students must take a class on "liberalism and why it's good for us". GD

Sad but very true.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The Canadian government is not making it easy.

Our daughter just did her best to upland our shot cards.

Not until 72 hours before we arrive.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The Canadian government is not making it easy.

Our daughter just did her best to upland our shot cards.

Not until 72 hours before we arrive.

You're in a better position than a couple of weeks ago. My thought is that they do not want people registering just for the sake of registering. I don't know why that would make a difference, given that the info is held on a computer. A human makes these decisions. Nevertheless, be happy!

There is hope. Know that you are safe and untroubled. Keep smiling, Richard.

And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope; yea, thou shalt dig about thee, and thou shalt take thy rest in safety. Job 11:18, OT

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Keep smiling, people will wonder what you've been up to,"

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
What a can of worms!

The Covid test alone! I guess we will try to send the test to the Des Moines lab, and be packed, and ready when an email result come through. crazy

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
If I understand you, someone takes a swab and it must be sent away? Do the lab people not test at their facility? Is there an approximate turn around time?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Steve, we are in Northern Iowa, Des Moines is central Iowa.
The three days is the problem.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I see. There always seems to be a bump here and there. Sorry to hear.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We would be paying for the tests out of pocket$

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth all the trouble.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't know. Only you can answer that.

I sense your frustration. I wish I could help. 🙁

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

313 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 32 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,463
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.