Campfire Regular
Loyalty
Intelligence
Companionship
Personality

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's incredible what a pet can do to avoid becoming the evening entree...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Loyalty
Intelligence
Companionship
Personality

^^ This ^^ ........ I'd rather spend time with my dog than most people. He goes everywhere with me including the gun club.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow. Those dogs and cat are impressively smart and highly trained. Cool vid.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Never have been a dog guy. Bought a lab for my brother. He keeps it and another lab. I get to hunt behind them.
If I lived in the country where I could let the dog stay outside, I’d probably have one or two. The shedding and other mess in the house won’t work for me or the Mrs.
To those that love your dogs, good for you!

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can have the worst day of your life. The world can absolutely beat you into the ground. You can feel powerless to the evil of the media and the government. And when you come home and open the door, you are instantly a hero.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A dog is sincerely glad to see you when you make it home. After a pee and food, the dog is still happy to see and be with you. A cat, after you meet its needs, tends to be standoffish.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Szumi
A dog is sincerely glad to see you when you make it home. After a pee and food, the dog is still happy to see and be with you. A cat, after you meet its needs serve it, tends to be standoffish is ready is for you to return to your servant quarters.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Typical cat. A$$holish, don't give a damn, you can't control me attitutde.

Dogs took care of business!

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Cause they like to kill squirrels!!!!

Baylor
AKA: Dogzilla!!!

Healthy thriving good hound.
Has put on alot of muscle pack since the daughter got him in February.
Has alot of Cookie and Rico mannerisms I see in him.
Makes me happy.
He was meant to be here in my mind after losing Cookie and Rico early last fall.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

He has 2 treed in this no escape tree.
They roast in the sun while Baylor is in the shade below.
The other 3 trees in the backyard are highway trees for the squirrels to a adjacent woodlot.

Baylor has figured out to flank em and drive em left to this tree insted of the highway trees.

LOL!!!

All the other dogs on the adjoining fence get all jealous when Baylor has squirrels treed.

Brady and Blackjack join in with Baylor every so often.
But grow bored quickly with the squirrel in the tree thing.

LOL!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 07/19/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Squirrels are literally nature's prey crack for dogs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Szumi
A dog is sincerely glad to see you when you make it home. After a pee and food, the dog is still happy to see and be with you. A cat, after you meet its needs, tends to be standoffish.

HOW DOGS AND CATS THINK.

The Dog's Diary

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 PM - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

1:00 PM - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 PM - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 PM - Dinner! My favorite thing!

7:00 PM - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 PM - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 PM - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Buttheads!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. I could, however, hear the noises and smell the food.

I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.

The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicating with the Guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe.....

.... For now.

grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
90% of cats would vote Democrat if they could (and maybe did in the last election).

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You give your dog love, and he loves you back twice as much.
Cat? Doesn't give a damn about you unless you miss it's feeding time by 15 minutes.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Dogs are more discriminating as to where they
evacuate their body wastes, more so than cats

Cats seem to search out places to spray piss
that will ruin your things pretty much on purpose

At least the stray dogs sh*t out in the yard away
from the house and plants and won't piss on
the porch

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That is taking playing with your food to the next level.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I’m greeted everytime I come home and Ruger goes with me when I leave in the mornings. Sis and Ruger sleep with us. They’ve never been on a leash and I’ve never had to chase them.

Ruger and Gideon are our greeters, never meet a stranger. Sis and Casey are the alarms, hear and see everything, shy away from everyone.

Each has their own personality and all they want is to be with us. What’s not to love about a dog?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What I want to know is - how in the hell did those dogs learn to speak Chinese?!?!

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I don't. They smell bad, crap all over, most haven't been trained for any useful purpose, and some are even dangerous.

Almost as obnoxious are the "dog people" who assume--or demand--that everyone like their dog just because they do. I don't like dirty paws jumped up on my clothes, ugly wet snouts shoved into my crotch, and similar indignities. I invited a guy to shoot at my Sporting Clays club. He wanted to bring his damned dog along. The clubhouse has a sign that dogs aren't allowed. Another guy brings his dog to another club. It runs around without a leash and jumps on any stranger in the clubhouse. He's lucky it doesn't get shot.

Cats are worse, in my opinion. They kill 1.7 billion song birds each year and usually torture their victims like animal Nazis. We have a suburban blog around here. Over half the posts are of the form...my cat got lost, I've got 6 kittens to give away, etc. 100% of the posters are women. The cats have names like "Fur Baby" and "Fluffy Buffy." Blech! The coyotes feed well around here.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
747 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 83 invisible), 2,823 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,400,027
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.