Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Y
yynick Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Y
Any Winchester 52E models out there for sale or trade?

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have 2 win 52s. Have no idea if they are an e mode I think if I remember one is A model one is B but haven't messed with them for years. I will look if I get a chance.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
PICS?

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The 52's are so nice to shoot. Gives you a real feel for what a quality built rifle should feel like. Good luck with your search.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
I have 2 win 52s. Have no idea if they are an e mode I think if I remember one is A model one is B but haven't messed with them for years. I will look if I get a chance.

I've never seen one that I know of, but I've read that they are mighty accurate rifles.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco

I've never seen one that I know of, but I've read that they are mighty accurate rifles.

I love mine, but it's a 1949 model B:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
She's fairly accurate. This is how it did in a recent rimfire shoot:

I hadn't shot it since last fall, at our annual turkey shoot, so I was a little rusty. This is how it can shoot:

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I've had several over the yrs. They shoot well and are Highly Collectable, well Made Winchesters! Really built, substantially, nice full Forearm fell. As you know there's several .22 cal. to choose from. It's all what you like and want, but you can't go wrong with a model 52!

Nice 52, bsa!

Winchester mfg. a limited amount of 52's. Three different variations that I'm aware of;
The 52- E Target, approx. 652 mfg.(the most common)
The 52- E International prone, approx. 37 mfg.
The 52- E International Match, approx. 44 mfg.

I was wondering why the E series? Not at all a bad choice, but a little hard to find, than the other variations!

Last edited by HunterShooter58; 06/26/21.

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't think I ever witnessed a 52E, and I get around. The thing is by the time the 52E came out there were other makes just as good/accurate, if not more so, and Winchester was probably tired of keeping up with the Jones's. I've never been without a 52 of some ilk and cherish them mightly, but when the chips are down I reach for my BSA International.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Johnsons Country Store in Lockport NY had a couple 52’s a few weeks back. They had been there a while. Not sure if thye are the ones you want but if you want to give them a call.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
52’s are fantastic rifles and can hang with most anything out there.. An E is gonna be hard to come by tho
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image storage

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
I've had several over the yrs. They shoot well and are Highly Collectable, well Made Winchesters! Really built, substantially, nice full Forearm fell. As you know there's several .22 cal. to choose from. It's all what you like and want, but you can't go wrong with a model 52!

Nice 52, bsa!

Winchester mfg. a limited amount of 52's. Three different variations that I'm aware of;
The 52- E Target, approx. 652 mfg.(the most common)
The 52- E International prone, approx. 37 mfg.
The 52- E International Match, approx. 44 mfg.

I was wondering why the E series? Not at all a bad choice, but a little hard to find, than the other variations!

Thanks. It is one of my favorites. I've never seen an E model personally, and I have been to a ton of gunshows. Seems they are damn rare. Good luck to the op in his search..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Certifiable
52’s are fantastic rifles and can hang with most anything out there.. An E is gonna be hard to come by tho
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image storage

Those are beauties Cert. I had to put a scope on my Savage MK1 FVT the other day to compete in a "know your limits" shoot. I'll bet your scoped 52's would do the trick on an event like that.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Cert,
Those are certainly nice 52's! Thanks for sharing, with pics! The last E that I saw was a couple yrs. ago, about the Condition of yours, and I don't remember which series, but I'm thinking it was the Target, and it went for about $3800.00 American!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The 52E is rather hard to find and can come with a premium. Like Gnoahhh, when I want to be accurate I get the BSA International MKIII, with the PH peeps, and nowadays a Lyman Super Target as the old eyes are not what they used to be.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Had a 52E heavy barrel target with Redfield Olympic sights I got new back in 1971. Think I traded my Remington 40X .222 Magnum in on it. Shot the M52E for a couple winters until the college took the rifle range and made more classrooms out of it. Traded it for a Winchester 101 20 ga IC/Mod bird gun after the indoor rifle range went away at school.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a 1934 Winchester 52 with G.Titherington barrel Wright-Allen trigger Weitek Vaver rear sight 13.5 lb

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have never seen an E model in the flesh. What is the difference in the E and my D model?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Kp321
I have never seen an E model in the flesh. What is the difference in the E and my D model?

One posted on RFC this morning. Seems to have been spoken for tho rather quickly

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a 52 E on RFC right now.

Y
yynick Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Y
Still looking! Anything out there??

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 51 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.