Originally Posted by kk alaska
Ruger RH 6mm Tang safety, shooting it LH when you shoot a RH rifle as a lefty your face is exposed to all the gas relief, factory round primer let go a small piece of primer went into right eye 3rd Dr said he thought he could save eye and he did.

The lesson I have learned dont shoot RH rifles LH and always wear eye protection.

Bought a RH Savage A17 17 HMR we use the 17 HMR on Sage Rats in Oregon shot it 10 times every shot could feel powder and debris on my face, boxed it up going to give it to my RH nephew. Semi Auto RH shotguns are the worse for shooting LH. Pump actions I have never had an issue yet! But when possible I want to shoot a LH action from the Left shoulder.

Yep, true LH firearms are the way to go if you can access them. I've mostly moved to pure lefty rifles (thanks Kurt), 😊 but still have leveractions and single shot Sharps and Ruger No 1. Been out and about carrying a Browning BLR takedown and I really like it. Wish I would have tried the BLR long ago, it's like a straight pull fast action rifle but very ambi other than ejection port.