Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mikieb
I have been single all my life... late in life... 46 y/o I met the most perfect companion.... she loved to travel... loved to cook... loved to keep house... Attractive.... And I mean attractive.... not just attractive... but HOT with curves in all the right areas...

She had a nicer house and so my dog and I moved in... and rented out my house... at first, She loved the dog.... but later, 3 years later... came to be jealous of my black Labrador.... every day after work, I would take the dogs walking... her dog and mine.

One day.... while getting my hiking boots on.... my dog was there.... Tail just a wagging.... jumping up and down anticipating his walk... She came walking toward the back door talking or telling me something... and when my dog heard her voice, he dropped his head and sulked away to hide behind the bushes....

A week or so went by.... I was just sick with what to do because I was not going to give up my dog.... He had, and still has, a blind loyalty to me... his human. Then my renters called.... "hey, we bought a house.... and... would it be ok if we are out in the middle of the month ? " I was like... "Yup... I will make it work for you... in fact.... as soon as you are out, I will stop by with cash for your security deposit if the house is all good... "

At dinner later that week.... "So you choose that dog over me ! ??? " "Yup...."

Excellent choice my man….

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All dogs should be euthanized.

Flave

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they even notice I've been bad....

They dont hold a grudge even if they can remember the infraction.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I don't. They smell bad, crap all over, most haven't been trained for any useful purpose, and some are even dangerous.

Almost as obnoxious are the "dog people" who assume--or demand--that everyone like their dog just because they do. I don't like dirty paws jumped up on my clothes, ugly wet snouts shoved into my crotch, and similar indignities. I invited a guy to shoot at my Sporting Clays club. He wanted to bring his damned dog along. The clubhouse has a sign that dogs aren't allowed. Another guy brings his dog to another club. It runs around without a leash and jumps on any stranger in the clubhouse. He's lucky it doesn't get shot.

Cats are worse, in my opinion. They kill 1.7 billion song birds each year and usually torture their victims like animal Nazis. We have a suburban blog around here. Over half the posts are of the form...my cat got lost, I've got 6 kittens to give away, etc. 100% of the posters are women. The cats have names like "Fur Baby" and "Fluffy Buffy." Blech! The coyotes feed well around here.

You just described most humans, you must have been looking in the mirror when you typed this, and you must be a real A$$hole to be around.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dogs are stupid

really? qatch this:

He was being sarcastic man.😁😁😁

he is a very serious man.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was raised with them. Learned to trust them, lewrned how they love you no matter what. My grandfather had me with dogs and horses as a baby.

I think for most of us that's a lot of it .... our experiences with them as kids.

We've rescued a bunch over the years, fostered a bunch, got a bunch buried here on the farm .... all of them that died here have been good dogs. Even the ones who decided to die elsewhere have been good dogs. I've gpt enough time left I think maybe for one more.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Because they love me.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are 3 true friends a man can have 1. a good dog 2. an old wife 3. ready money

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't. They smell bad, crap all over, most haven't been trained for any useful purpose, and some are even dangerous.

Almost as obnoxious are the "dog people" who assume--or demand--that everyone like their dog just because they do. I don't like dirty paws jumped up on my clothes, ugly wet snouts shoved into my crotch, and similar indignities. I invited a guy to shoot at my Sporting Clays club. He wanted to bring his damned dog along. The clubhouse has a sign that dogs aren't allowed. Another guy brings his dog to another club. It runs around without a leash and jumps on any stranger in the clubhouse. He's lucky it doesn't get shot.

Cats are worse, in my opinion. They kill 1.7 billion song birds each year and usually torture their victims like animal Nazis. We have a suburban blog around here. Over half the posts are of the form...my cat got lost, I've got 6 kittens to give away, etc. 100% of the posters are women. The cats have names like "Fur Baby" and "Fluffy Buffy." Blech! The coyotes feed well around here.

Indy, do you suffer from high stress, anxiety, and overall douchebaggery?

Maybe a puppy would turn that frown of yours upside down.

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
First rule of training dogs to behave…gotta be smarter than the dog

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spend a day with my 15 YO big yellow lab. Poor guy can barely walk but he'll make a believer out of ya.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Odds are you'd not like it at our place

You will get dog hair on you if you sit on the couch.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
244 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,662 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,932
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.