Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Good NY pastrami on seedless rye with American cheese and course spicy mustard, with a knish and a sour garlic pickle on the side.

Bacon, tomato and american cheese with Hellmanns on a hard roll (kaiser). Heavy bacon, heavy mayo.

Fried shrimp parm hero, heavy cheese...or meatball parm, or veal cutlet parm, or fried eggplant parm

Thanksgiving turkey with stuffing, cranberry sauce, Hellmanns, salt and pepper on white.

French Dip or Philly cheese steak, with provolone.

Fried Taylor Pork Roll, plain, on fresh white bread

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 07/19/21.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A RUBEN with extra everything and thousand island dip.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BLT with a schmear of horseradish, Meatloaf with mayo & ketchup, Reuben.... Good bread makes a big difference.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shaman
About 40 years ago, I was traveling to Crossville, TN with a buddy. We were on the way to do some boar hunting. We stopped at a Kroger store and Jerry sent me in to get a couple sandwiches. He said he'd take whatever I was having.

The deli section of that Kroger was as lousy as I had ever seen one. The only stuff that looked good was Roast Beef, Pepperoni, and Cheddar. I had them put it on a Kaiser Rolls. Jerry said it was the best sandwich he'd ever had. He had some real estate that he was going to be renting to a Pizza joint. He said he was going to make them put this sandwich on the menu and name it after me. For a couple of years, we'd go over there regularly and by a sack of Hot Bill sandwiches named after me. The Pizza Joint added a toasted hoagie roll and frizzled the sliced roast beef. That was a decent addition.

Fast forward 20 years. I got the farm in 2001, and the kids were still fairly young. Starting that first summer, I would get the fixings for Bill Sandwiches and we'd eat them on the front porch-- even before we got the keys to the place. Bill Sandwiches have been a ritual at the farm ever since.

If you go to Jersey Mikes and order a Cancro Special, you'll find a similar sandwich.

The amount of bullschit a person could squeeze out of your head is absolutely amazing.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like a lot of different sandwiches but when I am looking over a menu and I see Reuben I usually stop looking because my mind is made up.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sandwiches are made with bread... a good idea for society to create a huge population to conquer other societies.

But the cost of eating bread for the individual is high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and obesity.

The individual's cost of not eating bread is the expensive meat diet and buying new skinny clothes.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
LOL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like homemade subs too, with good fresh bread, lots of veggies (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, pickles, onions, jalapeños), hard salami, pepperoni, Swiss and cheddar, salt and pepper, Miracle Whip and mustard, and a lotta red wine vinegar.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
One of my current favorites is a pork tenderloin finished at medium and sliced:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Put it on some cuban or media noche bread with pickles and slather on some beet horseradish:

Like most things I make, it's amazing:

In as few words as possible

Nice cutting board, excellent looking sandwich, I've got to find or make some of that red stuff, and how much you want for the pigsticker?

Oh, beautiful Smiths in the other thread too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Anyone say cow tongue yet ?

Never had a sandwich made with tongue and unless I’m about to starve to death....never will 🤮

My mother used to make us cow tongue samiches. She told us it was cold roast beef. Topped with mayo and horse radish, it was delicious.

I always liked good Mennonite summer sausage on a heavy bread of any sort.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Cuban

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A *good* Italian Grinder, getting harder and harder to find.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by shaman
About 40 years ago, I was traveling to Crossville, TN with a buddy. We were on the way to do some boar hunting. We stopped at a Kroger store and Jerry sent me in to get a couple sandwiches. He said he'd take whatever I was having.

The deli section of that Kroger was as lousy as I had ever seen one. The only stuff that looked good was Roast Beef, Pepperoni, and Cheddar. I had them put it on a Kaiser Rolls. Jerry said it was the best sandwich he'd ever had. He had some real estate that he was going to be renting to a Pizza joint. He said he was going to make them put this sandwich on the menu and name it after me. For a couple of years, we'd go over there regularly and by a sack of Hot Bill sandwiches named after me. The Pizza Joint added a toasted hoagie roll and frizzled the sliced roast beef. That was a decent addition.

Fast forward 20 years. I got the farm in 2001, and the kids were still fairly young. Starting that first summer, I would get the fixings for Bill Sandwiches and we'd eat them on the front porch-- even before we got the keys to the place. Bill Sandwiches have been a ritual at the farm ever since.

If you go to Jersey Mikes and order a Cancro Special, you'll find a similar sandwich.

The amount of bullschit a person could squeeze out of your head is absolutely amazing.

He's confused about the name Flave.

Try ordering a "Hot Carl" for the Shamanic Sandwich Experience....

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Cancro sounds like something unwanted on a Boomer’s foot

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Crusty white bread, plenty of butter, fresh picked blue swimmer crab, cracked black pepper & a squeeze of lemon juice.

Nothing better !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When we ate Thanksgiving meal early in the afternoon, always liked to make leftover turkey sandwiches at night on the fresh bakery dinner rolls with some mayo.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

A Meatball Samme from Jersey Mike's was one of my all-time favorites.

Crying shame they quit making them.....

Gotta try one from Pastini's. My son-in-law says they make a darn good 'un.

Virgil B.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich with butter from the Waffle House.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Liverwurst on a Kaiser roll would be close second.

with a slice of red onion and some butter.

Afterwards, avoiding breathing on anyone for awhile........

Braunscheger just like above...good stuff!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Katz’s Deli, Manhattan, pastrami and Swiss on rye extra mustard. Or there corn beef same set up.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 50 invisible), 2,254 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,554
Posts18,453,614
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.