Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Entertaining! One doofus just behind the 1st class bulkhead spent a good 3 minutes trying to cram his wife’s overstuffed “carryon” into the overhead. Multiple tries, all four sides. Didn’t work any side any try. Go figure.....

One old lady - mental, not chronology- probably in 50s- stopped at every row and checked the row number then her ticket then the row number again. Every row. I’m in 19 and she’s somewhere behind me.

And she’s the flight attendant.

Ok, I’m making that last up. smile

Out.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Ain't that the truth! I also enjoy the entertainment. Every flight I've ever been on is this way. People amaze me at what idiots they are. Maybe I'm the idiot for constantly being amazed!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you have a blow up doll for a pilot you're in trouble.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Ever seen a grown man naked?

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Airline deregulation has turned flying from a pleasant experience into Greyhound in the Skies. I had to dress up in my Sunday school clothes when I was a kid and there wasn't any of the drama (aside from the occasional hijackings) that's on damn near every flight these days from the mentally insane to the stupid drunks.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't flown for work in over a year, but there are times I'd do 4-6 flights a week for 6+ months at a time.

I think there is just a general lack of self awareness in the average person. Look, we just landed and taxied to the gate. The time to pick up your belongings and ready yourself to grab your oversized stuffed in carry on bag is not when everybody in front of you has already deplaned. The time to put all your stuff away and have your bag in hand is on the taxi in. It really is not hard to anticipate what is going to happen in the next few minutes.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm still stuck on a lady in her 50's described as "old"...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've always thought the craziest mass display of dumbfuquery was when the plane stops moving, seat belts are undone, and everyone crowds into the aisle like a bunch of cattle. Then they wait a couple of minutes for the doors to be opened. I just remain in my seat and wait til the thundering herd of morons deplanes, smiling to myself.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a job back in the early 2000's, and I was on a plane 3 weeks out of the month and multiple times each week. It was steadily getting worse back then, and I can only imagine what it's like now. I can honestly say that I cant think of a single reason I would want to get on a plane the way things are now. If I cant drive there, I have no desire to go there.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You haven't seen adventure until you have flown on short flights between European cities. While American flyers can sure exhibit stupidity, you get total rudeness and incompetence with Russians, Italians, and Germans.

Most Boomers tend to think that seat backs are assist handles for being fat and lazy- YOU ARE JERKING ON MY SEAT, DUMBFUK!

The Germans think it is a race to enter the jetway and will form a human wedge at the gate- your elbows had better be sharp! One guy was in such a hurry, he tried to jump the gap between me and my roller bag so he could reach the other lane. He ended up on the floor wondering what had happened.

Italians smell to high heaven, probably from wearing their puffy coats in summer weather. They do NOT know to how discipline a screaming toddler. And if you ever get delayed onto another flight in Italy, you'd better speak Italian or you are Fudged. "Dee plane-a its-a full-a".

Russians love to be loaded with vodka before embarking, this way they can continue to drink throughout the flight and piss you off with their pig English and horrible breath. Then, if you try to politely get some privacy, they get aggressive. Fugking [bleep]. The worst was a woman who insisted on being in the lav during landing. The door swung open on impact (landing) and there she sat on the toilet for everyone to see. Primitive.

Once, on a flight from Seattle to Frankfurt, a German fella decided he was going to "save" the seat next to him because he had work to do. The seat he had saved for himself was assigned to my wife. He got straightened out quickly on seat assignments. Who thinks this way?

The worst, regardless of nationality is the kid who insists on kicking your seat from behind. Eventually, a loud request to the F/A asking to be re-seated will be needed before the stupid permissive parents catch a clue.

The best behaved folks I noted were the Israelis (and that on a Lufthansa flight).

I do get a kick out of the fools who think if they stand first at the gate, they get to leave first.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
For some of those people, it’s the first time out of their double wide in a year and a half.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Not enough money in the world.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I flew once in '71. It was fun. The stewardess brought 2beers at a time and I was a minor.

Last edited by poboy; 07/20/21.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
For some of those people, it’s the first time out of their double wide in a year and a half.

I’m sure there is a direct correlation between Covid stimulus $ and the huge uptick in unruly retards flying.

Woooo Child.......We goin’ ta Didney Land!!!!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speaking of obnoxious drunks on flights, a number of years ago when we lived in Los Angeles, my wife and I had gone to New York, business and pleasure. Our return flight was set to leave N.Y. about 7:00 PM. The flight was delayed. We sat in the lounge and had a soft drink. The flight was again delayed. We waited. More delay. In the bar there was an actor named "William Bogart." He was pounding down drinks. I did not know him but knew who he was. Worked all the time in Hollywood. More delay. it's getting tiresome.

Finally our flight was called so we boarded the plane. We were seated in Business Class. Down the aisle staggers Bogart. He's ranting and raving about the long delay. A Stewardess is trying to quiet him down. No luck. Screaming and cussing, making a fool of himself. He's in a seat at the rear of the Business Class section.

Then, the Captain announces they are delayed again, some mechanical reason or whatever. We sit there and sit there. Bogart becomes more and more obstreperous. Making drunken threats. Stewardesses can't calm him down.

We must have sat there for 30 0r 40 minutes. Suddenly the outside door opens and three men enter, They are wearing street clothes. Very serious looking. As they pass by our seats walking to the rear, two of the men are holding revolvers down beside their legs. Hmmmm. Air Marshals?? NYPD?? That was concerning to say the least.

There was some loud screaming and cussing emanating from the rear and then in a minute, here came the three officers leading the sloshed Bogart, who had his hands behind his back, wearing shiny steel bracelets. After they removed him from the plane, the Captain rolled out onto the runway and away we went. My wife and I were very happy to see the immense bright show of the lights of Los Angeles when we later flew into LAX.

We were glad to get home. I haven't the faintest idea what happened to Bogart but would bet he paid a hefty fine for his idiocy. Here is Bogart's IMDB site. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0091722/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Stay out of the bar/lounge, folks. It can get dicey. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
People wouldn't bring so much carry on luggage if the airlines would have competent baggage service. Who wants to stand around for 45 minutes in some dirty airport after an hour flight?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Seems different people and cultures have no sense of personal space. I love social distancing.

I will shake your hand, but don't expect a hug.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
People wouldn't bring so much carry on luggage if the airlines would have competent baggage service. Who wants to stand around for 45 minutes in some dirty airport after an hour flight?

Watch the handlers load planes. Anything that even remotely appears to be hobby/fun type equipment gets bashed on purpose. Skis and golf-clubs being the easiest to ID from a distance through a window.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Watch the handlers load planes. Anything that even remotely appears to be hobby/fun type equipment gets bashed on purpose. Skis and golf-clubs being the easiest to ID from a distance through a window.

Rifle cases rate pretty high too!

lightman
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
From about 1969 until 1993, I flew about 3 months out of every year, every Sunday or Monday and every Friday between Colorado Springs and Las Vegas , Denver and Las Vegas, or Albuquerque and Las with the rest of the year an occasional flights to DC,San Francisco,Seattle, London or Paris. I retired in 2003, and except for two to Pittsburgh and one to Ft. Lauderdale and returns I have not been on a plane since.If I can't drive,I don't go

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (450yukon, 30Gibbs, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 35sambar, 345dl, 25 invisible), 2,754 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.