Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Never had it !

But, it is on the list !

Here is a recipe that is almost identical to how I've made it many times. I add a pinch of paprika. Mighty good eats,

Enjoy.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
We do a similar thing with hamburger gravy on mashed potatoes.

Salt pepper and garlic seasoning. Cook some onions when you brown the hamburger.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Needs lots of black pepper on top. More than you can imagine.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
We do a similar thing with hamburger gravy on mashed potatoes.

Salt pepper and garlic seasoning. Cook some onions when you brown the hamburger.

I have done the hamburger gravy over toast, almost a SOS type meal. The wife wont eat it but the kids like it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Needs lots of black pepper on top. More than you can imagine.

That is how I eat most things. Unscrew the cap off the shaker and start pouring.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Brown a pound of Gore’s (IMO the best I’ve had) sausage over medium heat, I has to make some grease but not too much like the cheap [bleep]. Sift in a 1/4 cup of flour and mix in well. Let that brown for 3-4 minutes. Dump in 1 can of condensed milk and 3 cups whole milk. Turn up heat to medium high and stir continuously with a wood ladel, make sure to keep scraping the bottom of the pan. Keep stirring continuously til it’s bubbling and starts to thicken, turn heat to medium low, shake in salt and lots of black pepper and keep stirring and scraping bottom of the skillet til it’s the right consistency, probably 5-10 minutes max. Total cook time, 20-25 minutes.
Serve over toast or biscuits (put them in the oven when you start). I like mine with over easy eggs.

If I use home made sausage I season with McCormick sausage and meatloaf seasoning. If it’s too lean I add a little crisco.
Make it every weekend.

Pic of the seasoning. Used it for years and love it.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jackmountain; 07/20/21.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds good, I throw in a little smoked paprika and a dash of cayenne.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My parents owned a restaurant in a small town when I was growing up. Mom would wake up at 4:30 every morning and open the restaurant.
All breakfast items were cooked from scratch. No Hardin Sysco products. Bisquits and sausage gravy made fresh every morning. I would get up and go to restaurant for breakfast before school and Mom would cook me whatever I asked for. Her sausage and biscuits were always my favorite. Dad is gone but Mom is still with me. She taught my Wife how to make the gravy the way I like it.
A cup of hot black coffee and a plate of bisquits and sausage gravy!!!

GoTigersGo
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Brown a pound of Gore’s (IMO the best I’ve had) sausage, has to make some grease but not too much like the cheap [bleep]. Sift in a 1/4 cup of flour and mix in well. Let that brown for 3-4 minutes. Dump in 1 can of condensed milk and 3 cups whole milk. Turn up heat to medium high and stir continuously with a wood ladel, make sure to keep scraping the bottom of the pan. Keep stirring continuously til it’s bubbling and starts to thicken, turn heat to medium low, shake in salt and lots of black pepper and keep stirring and scraping bottom of the skillet til it’s the right consistency.
Serve over toast or biscuits. I like mine with over easy eggs.

If I use home made sausage I season with McCormick sausage and meatloaf seasoning. If it’s too lean I add a little crisco.
Make it every weekend.

That sounds damned good! Thanks for the post.

Semper Fi
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brown a pound of Gore’s (IMO the best I’ve had) sausage over medium heat, I has to make some grease but not too much like the cheap [bleep]. Sift in a 1/4 cup of flour and mix in well. Let that brown for 3-4 minutes. Dump in 1 can of condensed milk and 3 cups whole milk. Turn up heat to medium high and stir continuously with a wood ladel, make sure to keep scraping the bottom of the pan. Keep stirring continuously til it’s bubbling and starts to thicken, turn heat to medium low, shake in salt and lots of black pepper and keep stirring and scraping bottom of the skillet til it’s the right consistency, probably 5-10 minutes max. Total cook time, 20-25 minutes.
Serve over toast or biscuits (put them in the oven when you start). I like mine with over easy eggs.

Make it every weekend.

You mean evaporated milk?
Or the sweetened condensed stuff?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Going to be the odd man out here. I like Sausage and gravy. Cook the sausage and remove it then make the gravy. With biscuits and eggs too. Sometimes grits on the side. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Make it every weekend.

Yeah, same thought here ?

Paul.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by milespatton
Going to be the odd man out here. I like Sausage and gravy. Cook the sausage and remove it then make the gravy. With biscuits and eggs too. Sometimes grits on the side. miles

Never thought of doing that.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Jack !

#FREEFRED3

Paul.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Make it every weekend.

Definitely evaporated, not the sweetened.

#freethatbastard

Last edited by jackmountain; 07/21/21.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by rong
Not much better b-fast than that.

Why just breakfast?? I’ll have that with a biscuit for supper

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Make it every weekend.

Definitely evaporated, not the sweetened.

#freethatbastard

That's what I figured.
But ya never know, might have been missing out on a good secret!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That's the way I do it.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thats the way I do it

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 338reddog, 300jimmy, 2UP, 24 invisible), 1,705 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,598
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.