Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I like Canada and Canadians.

I guess I will have to get along without them.

With one exception, I’ve knly met a friendly, helpful, canooks. Just like some places in ‘merica, it’s the damn politicians that cause the problems

ironbender;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I hope you folks up in the north country aren't quite as dry as we are down here and that you and your fine family are well.

I am glad to read that most of the Canucks you ran across treated you well, though I must confess I've run into enough sub par performers that my ratio is not as good as yours regarding acceptable behavior vs. culls.

To no one in particular as well, I'd opine that while it absolutely is your choice to not visit north of the medicine line, the people you might believe you are punishing by not spending tourist dollars here will not in any way connected to those who have been dispensing royal decrees as to who can come in and what the acceptable medical treatment and costume might be.

As a warning to my friends south of the medicine line, much of this can be traced to the fact that we have at minimum 4 major political parties to spread out the votes. So for instance now in the west, there's less than a handful of Prince Sparkle Pony's party elected west of Winnipeg and his total votes were less than the Conservative party, yet the way votes are tallied it put Soy Sock into a position to form a minority government.

From all indications, the west hurt their considerably large feelers by doing that and Mr. Dressup has been doing everything possible to break our resource based economy out here ever since.

One might opine that you'd actually be helping the Pouting Prince by not coming up into western Canada, but that might be reading things into the discussion which aren't there.

I've said this before, but to repeat myself yet again, tourism was worth $8.3 Billion CDN to BC in 2018 and in my part of BC it's been nothing less than a bloodbath for anyone in the tourist or service industry.

Please understand this isn't a plea to get stuck and come on up, it's only one Canuck attempting to explain that the situation is neither simple or within our - western Canada's - ability to rectify. Oh we're campaigning already for the next election and trying our best, but Captain Rainbow is at the helm of this particular decision making ship.

Thanks for reading, all the best to you all and to my friends in the dry western states, good luck to you all with this hellish year of wildfires.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/21/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Delta variant!

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
There was a time when I was crossing the border a lot. Twice the Canadian Border Patrol seemed convinced I had contraband or something. They tore through my truck and emptying gear. They seemed disappointed they found nothing. They walked away and told me to load back up and move along. LOL I was by the book legal.

I never plan to go back to Canada to be honest. Once upon a time going was a special adventure, but for me those days are gone.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by BC30cal

From all indications, the west hurt their considerably large feelers by doing that and Mr. Dressup has been doing everything possible to break our resource based economy out here ever since.

"Mr Dressup", Ha, that's too funny. What a clown.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My first trip through Canadian customs, I expected machine guns!

I knew we were at war with a foreign country. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Mister Dressup is a Canadian TV children's show, somewhat like Mister Rogers.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Mister Dressup is a Canadian TV children's show, somewhat like Mister Rogers.

Ya, it's a children's show alright. LOL

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=trudeau+costume+party

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Paul, ever find the iron sight you were looking for?

Not sure what that was about. Must of been one of those many projects in my mind that I never did and forgot about. smile

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Sad state of affairs.

IC B3

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Heres is hoping nobody in the USA votes for Trudeau, same as we didn't want anyone up here voting for Biden.

Not sure how this border thing works but....I see that the USA has the border closed for Canadians until August 21.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm going to check out returning to the US.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm going to check out returning to the US.

Lucky us.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Having that many fewer cars on the road this year has been a blessing. Especially given the unsafe driving practices of many of the Alberta plates. It's been insane enough keeping stuff on the shelves and trying to drive anywhere already. Taking the Canucks' out of the equation helped.

Now, if we'd just ban foreign ownership of property in the U.S. we'd really be getting somewhere.

MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Will they load the ones who don’t pass in to box cars?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
They want a Quarantine plan, A quick, "U", turn. laugh

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I like Canada and Canadians.

I guess I will have to get along without them.

With one exception, I’ve knly met a friendly, helpful, canooks. Just like some places in ‘merica, it’s the damn politicians that cause the problems

ironbender;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I hope you folks up in the north country aren't quite as dry as we are down here and that you and your fine family are well.

I am glad to read that most of the Canucks you ran across treated you well, though I must confess I've run into enough sub par performers that my ratio is not as good as yours regarding acceptable behavior vs. culls.

To no one in particular as well, I'd opine that while it absolutely is your choice to not visit north of the medicine line, the people you might believe you are punishing by not spending tourist dollars here will not in any way connected to those who have been dispensing royal decrees as to who can come in and what the acceptable medical treatment and costume might be.

As a warning to my friends south of the medicine line, much of this can be traced to the fact that we have at minimum 4 major political parties to spread out the votes. So for instance now in the west, there's less than a handful of Prince Sparkle Pony's party elected west of Winnipeg and his total votes were less than the Conservative party, yet the way votes are tallied it put Soy Sock into a position to form a minority government.

One might opine that you'd actually be helping the Pouting Prince by not coming up into western Canada, but that might be reading things into the discussion which aren't there.

I've said this before, but to repeat myself yet again, tourism was worth $8.3 Billion CDN to BC in 2018 and in my part of BC it's been nothing less than a bloodbath for anyone in the tourist or service industry.

Please understand this isn't a plea to get stuck and come on up, it's only one Canuck attempting to explain that the situation is neither simple or within our - western Canada's - ability to rectify. Oh we're campaigning already for the next election and trying our best, but Captain Rainbow is at the helm of this particular decision making ship.

Thanks for reading, all the best to you all and to my friends in the dry western states, good luck to you all with this hellish year of wildfires.

Dwayne

As always, sir, appreciate the kind words.

You have a way of describing the PM in entertaining ways. I think my fave of yours is PM Sparkle Socks!

I always enjoyed the drives through Canada and look forward to more.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (2500HD, 204guy, 160user, 12344mag, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,635
Posts18,455,246
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.