Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Interesting article about the small charter that was contracted to move bodies that needed a morgue investigation from the small villages to the morgue.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...he-midnight-sun?utm_source=pocket-newtab

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
We've hauled a few dead family and friends to, and from, the morgue.
Peaceful trips. Father-in-law never even told us where to turn! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good writing on a good story. Thanks!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Interesting and a good read. Thank you

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We haul a couple bodies a month I'll bet. In bad weather last month, the dispatcher put the casket in his truck and drove to the other side of road system where a float plane could pick it up

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M

I put my father in law's casket on the back of my old Ford flatbed ranch truck and drove him from the ceremony through the small town, down the interstate, to another small town, where he was to be buried. The funeral company wanted to charge the widow something like $3000-$4000 just to drive him from point A to B.

She was hurting for money and that was not something that seemed like a good use of what little she had.

We roped his casket down to my flatbed and moved him ourselves.

Being that he was an old farmer/horse trader, we figured the pickup was more his style anyways and he probably could appreciate it.

The looks of the people passing us on the interstate were kinda funny though. smile

I think I was admonished about 5 or 6 times by the old ladies "Don't you lose him on your way to the cemetery!" laugh

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
You want looks, just drive a black bear down the road atop a dump truck full of garbage.

Sucker went from side to side looking for a way off.

Nor was it was not happy when we hit the lever..... smile

Last edited by las; 07/21/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
BWAHAHA!!!!

On a rare occasion that I have slept in an actual campground, I stopped on my way home to sleep one night and laid my bedroll out on the back of my truckbed (same flatbed, though years before I met my wife). I was woke up to noise and a bear was in the dumpster maybe 30 yards away. I grabbed some rocks and started hucking them and finally got good smack on the side of the dumpster and he popped half his body up all shocked at the sound, then climbed out.

I actually had to climb off my truck again and get more rocks as I had run out and get some more rocks to chunk the bear. I was a crappy rock thrower and kept missing him in the dark, but finally connected and the rolly polly little pig went scooting off into the dark. laugh

That same campground I had pegged a bear before with rocks when I stopped for the night one time. Small black bears, and the Forest Service at the time was still just using regular dumpsters. The first time though, I had a very cute girl with me who was from Florida and thought I was crazy, was positive we would be eaten alive by a "killer bear" . Same deal. Noisy trash eating dumpster divers.

After I shoed off the noisy little bear and crawled back under the covers I discovered that she thought that was some "Jeremiah Johnson" stuff and she proceeded to attack me like she was a bear! shocked

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

I put my father in law's casket on the back of my old Ford flatbed ranch truck and drove him from the ceremony through the small town, down the interstate, to another small town, where he was to be buried. The funeral company wanted to charge the widow something like $3000-$4000 just to drive him from point A to B.

She was hurting for money and that was not something that seemed like a good use of what little she had.

We roped his casket down to my flatbed and moved him ourselves.

Being that he was an old farmer/horse trader, we figured the pickup was more his style anyways and he probably could appreciate it.

The looks of the people passing us on the interstate were kinda funny though. smile

I think I was admonished about 5 or 6 times by the old ladies "Don't you lose him on your way to the cemetery!" laugh

Good on you Mackay! Most Funeral Homes are a HUGE ripoff !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I see a new reality series or horror flick - Night of the Flying Dead

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

I see a new reality series or horror flick - Night of the Flying Dead

Advertisers could be the makers of quality Duck and Goose shotgun shells.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Sad. As a dispatcher and 911 operator I understand. There as nothing like instructing a grandmother on doing CPR on her granddaughter that died while she was sleeping on her chest.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

354 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 264mag, 270winchester, 10gaugeman, 31 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,449
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.