Originally Posted by Remington6MM
How thick is the flat part?

And, what's on the flip side?šŸ˜

Ī¼ĪæĪ»į½¼Ī½ Ī»Ī±Ī²Ī­
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hastings,

Do you believe that the Council of Jerusalem rejected the notion that Gentile Christians must follow the Law of Moses...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49

Nope, youā€™ve got it all wrong. Just because YOU donā€™t see itā€¦..and YOU donā€™t experience itā€¦does not mean itā€™s not there

You mean like UFOs, ghosts, bigfoot etc?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Nope, youā€™ve got it all wrong. Just because YOU donā€™t see itā€¦..and YOU donā€™t experience itā€¦does not mean itā€™s not there

Simple ideaā€¦. Simple conceptā€¦ā€¦ just because YOU donā€™t see it and YOU donā€™t experience itā€¦. Does not mean itā€™s not thereā€¦..

You can claim God does not existā€¦. Or is mythicalā€¦. But, for a factā€¦.you donā€™t KNOW that.

Someday, perhaps your mind will be changed

The tax collector said: ā€œLord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.ā€ Jesus said he went home ā€œjustified.ā€

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Takes a big leap of faith to see something that's not there does it not?

Just reminding you of what you statedā€¦..makes me smileā€¦

So, just how do you know God is ā€œnot there.ā€

If He is ā€œthereā€ you need to know about itā€¦and Him. . Kinda Importantā€¦

The tax collector said: ā€œLord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.ā€ Jesus said he went home ā€œjustified.ā€

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Makes me smile..... your "truth" is not offensive.....hardly, as it is not truth at all...... you are simply one who does not know whereof he speaks. What is a bit sad is that you seemingly cannot see truth or do not care to know the truth.

Perhaps some day you will.

Well, it's not my truth. I have nothing to do with what the bible, genesis in this instance, says or describes. I merely point to what genesis says and describes in terms of mornings and evenings of each day of creation, the day on which the sun, moon stars were created, animals, plants, etc.

It says what it says.

It's there for anyone to see and read.

The composition, the wording or the descriptions, are not being 'interpreted' by me.

Of course it is ā€¦yourā€¦ā€truth.ā€ You clearly have not understood the concept and action of ā€œeisegesisā€ and until you do, you will continue to post meaningless drivel like what we read above.

You seemingly refuse to comment on Psalm 91:4ā€¦.. I suspect,you do not want to increase your understanding and are content to wallow in your ignoranceā€¦..so be it.

It's not my truth. I neither add or subtract from what Genesis itself says, or what it describes.

That Genesis describes mornings and evenings of each day of creation is there for anyone to see and read. I have quoted the verses, changing nothing.

I don't interpret what is there for all to see.

It is you who wants to transform what Genesis says and describes into something else entirely. You try to make out mornings and evenings of each day of creation represent millions of years, when clearly a morning and evening of a day is simple that: a day.

Consequently is it you who is suffering from an acute case of Eisegesis.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
We can't see air, does that mean it does not exist?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We can't see gravity either, but we know it exists because we can see and feel its effects.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
These flat earthers are just like any other cult, where people are easily influenced to believe whatever they are told. These are the same people who over the last five plus decades say that all of the photos of the earth from space, all of the moon landing pics and videos of astronauts walking on the moon etc ,,are ALL A HOAX and were staged in a studio somewhere......... If the earth were flat, life as we know it could not exist and the laws of physics would have to be different from what it is now in order for life to exist if the earth were flat.............Flat earthers = flat brain cells.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon

There's many ways I can demonstrate the existence of air to you, one example is something as simple as blowing up a balloon.

Can you perform a similar demonstration for the existence of your God?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Hastings, Do you believe that the Council of Jerusalem rejected the notion that Gentile Christians must follow the Law of Moses...?
I stay away from the part of the ''New' testament between John and James because there are contradictions of Jesus and the Old Testament contained therein. And I discount the last bit of second Peter where he almost endorses Paul. I believe someone slipped that in. The Catholic Church maybe?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
These flat earthers are just like any other cult, where people are easily influenced to believe whatever they are told. These are the same people who over the last five plus decades say that all of the photos of the earth from space, all of the moon landing pics and videos of astronauts walking on the moon etc ,,are ALL A HOAX and were staged in a studio somewhere......... If the earth were flat, life as we know it could not exist and the laws of physics would have to be different from what it is now in order for life to exist if the earth were flat.............Flat earthers = flat brain cells.
A person can believe the moon landing was faked without accepting that Flat Earth Society drivel.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
I stay away from the part of the ''New' testament between John and James because there are contradictions of Jesus and the Old Testament contained therein. And I discount the last bit of second Peter where he almost endorses Paul. I believe someone slipped that in. The Catholic Church maybe?
Are you ethnicallyJewish...? Or are you a Gentile who believes that you must follow certain Jewish customs and traditions, either as a means of sanctification or salvation...?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Are you ethnicallyJewish...? Or are you a Gentile who believes that you must follow certain Jewish customs and traditions, either as a means of sanctification or salvation...?
I do have some Jewish ancestry. I believe that Jesus was who he claimed to be and that enough of his teachings survived. I believe that after his death that just as he predicted there would be false (lying) prophets and teachers claiming to represent him or even be him. I believe the ''Old Testament'' to be unchanged and that it was endorsed by Jesus and therefore the one who sent him. I do not believe Jesus was God and I don't subscribe to the Trinity theory. There is and can be only one creator. I believe the ''Christian " church left the path and went down the wrong road centuries and centuries ago and is on that broad and open road that leads to destruction. The important message throughout the whole Bible is God's offer of salvation through repentance and Jesus and John only reiterated that constant theme. Some Jewish law is clearly specifically for Jews and nobody could doubt that the 10 big ones and quite a few more are for everyone. Read James (the brother of Jesus) and Revelation where Jesus clearly praises the Ephesian church for expelling false teachers and note that Paul admits in Timothy that all in Asia (Ephesus?) rejected him. Some of the content of Paul's letters are contrary to Jesus and too big a camel for me to swallow. As most perjurers do his testimony does contain a good bit of truth, which is a common tactic of perjurers when trying to sell an alternative version.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
A person can believe the moon landing was faked without accepting that Flat Earth Society drivel.
.....................Of course one can. However many flat earthers believe the moon landings and all the photos from space were faked.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M

Simple ideaā€¦. Simple conceptā€¦ā€¦ just because YOU donā€™t see it and YOU donā€™t experience itā€¦. Does not mean itā€™s not thereā€¦..

You can claim God does not existā€¦. Or is mythicalā€¦. But, for a factā€¦.you donā€™t KNOW that.

Someday, perhaps your mind will be changed

If the gods were real, everybody would see them. Some people do have lucid experiences involving gods, goblins, angels, demons, other people, etc, but this is due to the effect of drugs or some other physiological or psychological reason (there's even the idea of a split brain - bicameral mind, that may have provided the lucid experiences in the period of the proliferation of religions at that time - the same separation of brain function that causes psychosis). You can claim what ever you want that you believe is real but unless it can be tangibly proven to everybody else then high probability is that it doesn't exist - UFOs, ghosts, bigfoot, gods etc. Most religions have had thousands of years of opportunity for the tangible evidence to present itself, but it hasn't happened, and that doesn't really fit the bill for a caring god - why the hide and seek? The white elephant in my last sentence above is that man is older than religion.

If a god appeared publicly tomorrow then I'd have to change my mind but I know that's never going to happen. Threats are that it will happen and that I will be going to hell - I'm happy to accept the odds on that.

Well?
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by DBT

Well, it's not my truth.

So what do you believe? How do you think the Universe came into existence?

To believe the Universe appeared from nothing takes greater faith than believing in Christianity.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

If the gods were real, everybody would see them. Some people do have lucid experiences involving gods, goblins, angels, demons, other people, etc, but this is due to the effect of drugs or some other physiological or psychological reason (there's even the idea of a split brain - bicameral mind, that may have provided the lucid experiences in the period of the proliferation of religions at that time - the same separation of brain function that causes psychosis).

You have nothing empirical to back that up. It's your version of make believe.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from m.secondnaturebyhand.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by OldHat

If the gods were real, everybody would see them. Some people do have lucid experiences involving gods, goblins, angels, demons, other people, etc, but this is due to the effect of drugs or some other physiological or psychological reason (there's even the idea of a split brain - bicameral mind, that may have provided the lucid experiences in the period of the proliferation of religions at that time - the same separation of brain function that causes psychosis).

You have nothing empirical to back that up. It's your version of make believe.

Not sure what you mean - the bit about the bicameral mind?

Otherwise the bits about hallucinations are proven, in fact there are many simple illusions and tricks of mind that can be found via google.

Well?
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 7 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 731 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,544
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.