I'd love to hear his take on this.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add
::This Space Reserved For Orange Okie::

Gone for now but not forgotten along with Bristoe and James Jr. at least that asshat “cowboy Tim” from Wisconsin seems to be gone.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add
::This Space Reserved For Orange Okie::

LOL. That’s just MEAN.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s happening. The NCAA is disintegrating with NIL and the recent Supreme Court decision on educational benefits. This all about setting it up so that the SEC is in the catbird’s seat to dictate the new order.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If tex/ok come it will be hell on them because we have defense in this league. Really want to trade tx tech for lsu/Bama? Alrighty.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
If tex/ok come it will be hell on them because we have defense in this league. Really want to trade tx tech for lsu/Bama? Alrighty.

Yep. They’ll be in for some serious ass whuppings.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just watched an extended local sports cast and apparently this is pretty serious. The columnist who broke the story says both universities will be sending out letters to the Big 12 in a week or so advising them they will not renew their contract. An announcement could happen within 2-3 weeks. College sports is changing and I'm not sure its for the good.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Doubt it. They can still trounce every team in the Big 12, or old Southwest Conference.

I know my alma mater is small potatoes in the big money game, but trouncing every team in the Big 12 isn’t how I would describe it.

UT vs K-State, KSU is 9-8 in modern times (going back to 1998, 1942 was last game before then).

OU vs K-State, OU is up 6-4 in the last 10 years, with KSU winning the last 2 years.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Doubt it. They can still trounce every team in the Big 12, or old Southwest Conference.

I know my alma mater is small potatoes in the big money game, but trouncing every team in the Big 12 isn’t how I would describe it.

UT vs K-State, KSU is 9-8 in modern times (going back to 1998, 1942 was last game before then).

OU vs K-State, OU is up 6-4 in the last 10 years, with KSU winning the last 2 years.

The T-sips have sucked for at least the last 7 or 8 years.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/21/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Already seeing the pods breakdown ....

Pods would allegedly be as follows:

SEC East Pod 1:
Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
Tennessee

SEC East Pod 2:
Alabama
Auburn
Kentucky
Vandy

SEC West Pod 1:
LSU
Texas A&M
Mississippi
Miss State

SEC West Pod 2:
Texas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Mizzou

BTW ... apparently this is really happening, all but a done deal. OK legislators trying to stop it but with T Boone Pickett dead there is little hope of that now. Big 12, which is really Big 8, bout to be Little 6.

There will be a mad rush to 16 by all of the remaining conferences .... B1G might grab Kansas, K State maybe, Okie State? Who else?

What is the A She She going to do? What about the PAC 12?

Dis gon b gud.

Last edited by SCRooster; 07/21/21. Reason: Corrected autocorrect correction that was incorrect

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I could see this happening with OU, but find it hard to believe Texas would join the SEC. Their old boosters and admins have hated everything about the SEC since it was formed. They got out of the Southwest Conference back in the day because of much of the same stuff that is the norm in the SEC now (mainly rampant cheating in recruiting), and poor academics. Texas is closer to being an ivy league school than a lot of public schools. They would fit better in the PAC. Maybe some of the old farts running the show at Texas have died off or they don't have the power they once had.. The SEC will love all the DEM, Liberal Karen like Texas fans...

Anyhow, I hope it is true though, because the BIG 12 sucks now, it just needs to die..

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 07/21/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
College sports is changing and I'm not sure its for the good.

Everything changes. The continuous wokeness has turned me off to the point I don’t even look at when the games are or who is playing. I used to be a diehard fan that rarely missed watching a game.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
I could see this happening with OU, but find it hard to believe Texas would join the SEC. Their old boosters and admins have hated everything about the SEC since it was formed. They got out of the Southwest Conference back in the day because of much of the same stuff that is the norm in the SEC now (mainly rampant cheating in recruiting), and poor academics. Texas is closer to being an ivy league school than a lot of public schools. They would fit better in the PAC. Maybe some of the old farts running the show at Texas have died off or they don't have the power they once had..

Anyhow, I hope it is true though, because the BIG 12 sucks now..

Texas would certainly fit in with some of the Libertard Ivy League Schools nowadays. When it comes to being “woke” and kissing the BLM crowd’s ass. And being ran by Libertard Professors.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
They take their beatings; and collect BIG checks. And; once or twice a decade (Missouri) they have a good season. Being in the SEC will help Texas and Oklahoma; and the SEC will put 3-4 teams in the 12 team playoff every year. More $$$ to spread around to the conference members. More visibility for the NIL deals for the players.

Basic economy of scale

This is true .... this is exactly correct. ^^^^^^^

See the projected Pods breakout above.

Each school c0ukd soon be seeing $65-$90 million dolllar a year payouts with the new conference TV deals and streaming deals that will be cut. CBS is out of the picture so it is wide open for bidding if the new members are added.

The SEC Network is already stronger than death and is projected to surpass the mother ship's football season ratings in 2024. That's an incredible thought and coukd only happen with some serious streaming numbers in the future and some really big increases in access fees ... probably in the neighborhood of $10 per household for the package.

There's no stopping progress boys. But I'm out. Paying players ... that did it for me. Losing our box seats that we've had for 30 years so they coukd build more corporate luxury boxes. Seat licenses and ticket prices through the roof. We've put the Cockaboose up for sale. We're done. We'll watch some of the games from the comfort of my home on an 80" TV .... but no more going to games and spending $1000s of dollars a season to support the woke spoiled kiddies and administrators and especially the NCAA. F'em all. They've practically ruined the game.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheesy

It was cooler when it was the Big Eight anyway. The wife and I were at a conference in Topeka for the OU game one year. Hotel was full of game-goer's. Fifty miles distant, the hotel was full up. Daughter lives catty-cornered from Bill Snyder Family Stadium. Game day or even game weekend is just off the hook.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
They take their beatings; and collect BIG checks. And; once or twice a decade (Missouri) they have a good season. Being in the SEC will help Texas and Oklahoma; and the SEC will put 3-4 teams in the 12 team playoff every year. More $$$ to spread around to the conference members. More visibility for the NIL deals for the players.

Basic economy of scale

This is true .... this is exactly correct. ^^^^^^^

See the projected Pods breakout above.

Each school c0ukd soon be seeing $65-$90 million dolllar a year payouts with the new conference TV deals and streaming deals that will be cut. CBS is out of the picture so it is wide open for bidding if the new members are added.

The SEC Network is already stronger than death and is projected to surpass the mother ship's football season ratings in 2024. That's an incredible thought and coukd only happen with some serious streaming numbers in the future and some really big increases in access fees ... probably in the neighborhood of $10 per household for the package.

There's no stopping progress boys. But I'm out. Paying players ... that did it for me. Losing our box seats that we've had for 30 years so they coukd build more corporate luxury boxes. Seat licenses and ticket prices through the roof. We've put the Cockaboose up for sale. We're done. We'll watch some of the games from the comfort of my home on an 80" TV .... but no more going to games and spending $1000s of dollars a season to support the woke spoiled kiddies and administrators and especially the NCAA. F'em all. They've practically ruined the game.

I think you're on the right track.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they want more SEC games, they should make Alabama play two teams every weekend. Make them use some of those 5 star recruits that are sitting on the bench. smile miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Tea Sips? We don’t need no stinking Tea Sips!

RTR

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before Tx can join the SEC, they will have to get rid of the cash-cow deal they have in the Big 12. In the SEC, all schools divide the money equally. That cash-cow deal that Tx has had for years is what has caused many of the problems in the Big 12.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the SEC is not ditching UK.

UK is a respectable football program and the flagship for basketball.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

262 members (2500HD, 163bc, 12344mag, 257 mag, 007FJ, 28 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,290
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.