Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by jwall
Been watching the huntin' shows lately, my 243, 257, 308 and 30-06 just ain't gonna work no more. I'm selling em all to fund one good 6.5 Creedmore. Ain't no way you can kill a deer with anything less.

These mf'ers are fuqking retarded, gayest sheit since the 270.

I WAS going to read your thread till your last sentence.

U R an Azz Hat

You've hurt my feeling.

Suck your thumb and tell Mommie.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
BP-B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Been watching the huntin' shows lately, my 243, 257, 308 and 30-06 just ain't gonna work no more. I'm selling em all to fund one good 6.5 Creedmore. Ain't no way you can kill a deer with anything less.

I WAS going to read your thread till your last sentence.

U R an Azz Hat

You've hurt my feeling.

Suck your thumb and tell Mommie.

Oh, look who's reading my thread. Thought you were gonna take your toys and go home, what a little nosey bitch.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a $175 TC Compass in 6.5 that outshoots anything else in the safe. Bought it just to checkout the hype. Already had a .260 since they were introduced back in the 90's. It's too much fun now that it's dialed in. I still take my 7 mag and 338 mag for Elk hunting but shoot the Creedmoor at the range for fun. It won't beat you up like the mags will.

God Bless America
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
girly243

UR wrong. checking out your response is ALL. NONE other.

don't flatter yourself.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
I have a $175 TC Compass in 6.5 that outshoots anything else in the safe. Bought it just to checkout the hype. Already had a .260 since they were introduced back in the 90's. It's too much fun now that it's dialed in. I still take my 7 mag and 338 mag for Elk hunting but shoot the Creedmoor at the range for fun. It won't beat you up like the mags will.

That’s been my experience as well.

I bought one in a relatively cheap heavy barrel profile Rem 700. I replaced the trigger with a Timney and dropped it in a different stock. It shoots lights out and is my first/only rifle with a scope with turrets to dial. Lots of fun at the range. 6.5 CM isn’t the end all be all of anything. Just a modern cartridge designed to take advantage of modern twist rates and optimized for maximum velocity out of a short action non magnum rifle with room to adjust seating depth and 30 degree shoulders known for easy accuracy.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
everybody talks about "modern" this & that when it involves the crud, ffs you can have any fkn "modern" twist barrel ya want, I've got 6 twist in 6.5mm, 7 twist in 30 cal & 8mm, and even have 7 twist in 375 cal & 8 twist in 408 cal, It's not brain surgery to run a reamer with a "modern" throat into any existing factory chamber

some guys make it seen like the frkn Cruds & PRiCk cartridges are so futuristic as to hold some sort of magical powers

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swamplord
everybody talks about "modern" this & that when it involves the crud, ffs you can have any fkn "modern" twist barrel ya want, I've got 6 twist in 6.5mm, 7 twist in 30 cal & 8mm, and even have 7 twist in 375 cal & 8 twist in 408 cal, It's not brain surgery to run a reamer with a "modern" throat into any existing factory chamber

some guys make it seen like the frkn Cruds & PRiCk cartridges are so futuristic as to hold some sort of magical powers

Or you could just buy it off the shelf and be done with it. Not brain surgery and not magical.

If the 6.5 Swede (great cartridge with lots of great history) was built on a short action you’re still going to be limited to seating depth. If it’s on a long action you won’t be but your also open to a whole lot of other potential chamberings. I’d rather hunt with a 6.5 Swede for the history behind the cartridge or a 7x57 over a 7-08 but from a practical standpoint and in the case of the CM for non hunting purposes the CM makes more sense. Nobody uses a Swede precision shooting. A CM can be off the shelf no modifications necessary and given the correct rifle the cartridge works well as a hunting AND precision cartridge.

Added bonus for a CM over a Swede in addition to the barrel having a faster twist you don’t have to reload to get modern pressure ammo and have more choices to pick from.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I think some people resent an easy button cartridge.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Want some cheese with that whine?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I know it....but Christensen Arms came out with a carbon barrel bolt action 22LR.

Thinking a layaway ticket is in my future......as soon as I get some more Biden BUX.

Do it. One of the guys at my club bought one just for our know your limits shoots. He put a $1,000.00 scope on it too. He didn't do well in the matches. Due to "flyers" and "poor ammo". Some guys have all the excuses though.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mathman

No doubt.

I get having sentimental favorites and as a “gun guy” have some of my own. At the same time I’m not so blinded to see the added benefits and scope beyond strictly hunting purposes of new developments as they come along.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by mathman

Human nature I guess..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I know it....but Christensen Arms came out with a carbon barrel bolt action 22LR.

Thinking a layaway ticket is in my future......as soon as I get some more Biden BUX.

Do it. One of the guys at my club bought one just for our know your limits shoots. He put a $1,000.00 scope on it too. He didn't do well in the matches. Due to "flyers" and "poor ammo". Some guys have all the excuses though.

I have a Kidd 10/22 clone with an aluminum sleeved barrel. No complaints.

If we get more Biden bucks I’ll buy a Proof Research Elevation. I’ll probably buy one either way but Biden bucks would make it an easy call.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Probably better than that Christensen arms. I wasn't impressed.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Probably better than that Christensen arms. I wasn't impressed.

I have a Dead Air Nomad that should get the ATF thumbs up soon. Most of my deer hunting is out of box blinds and tree stands. I want a lightweight compact .308. I’ve heard some negatives about Christensen Arms. I’d rather have controlled round feed just because I like it and for the money would like to get exactly what I want. I like the Proof elevation but haven’t had the opportunity to handle one and hate to spend that much money and not like how it handles I like a more open grip in a hunting rifle. Looking at the Proof stock it’s hard to tell exactly how it would handle. That’s splitting hairs and won’t make any difference in dead deer but for the money I want it to be what I want.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I wouldn't call it a modern cartridge but improved yes. It has great genes . Add in twist rate change shoulder angle and excellent components that are readily available along with the flight characteristics of 6.5 bullets it's no surprise so many different rifles chambered for it are accurate right out of the box. Reminds me of some of the old cheap 222 Rems that used to be offered as most shot as well as more expensive ones. Like I said good genes...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Our version with very similar ballistics is 6,5x47 Lapua. It was developed for target shooting, but with heavier weight soft points bullets it can be used for small and medium game hunting.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Guess I'm just a dinosaur, my newest, latest and greatest caliber is 300 win mag. I was told a long time ago that a good rifle shoots better than a good cartridge.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
706 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,726 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,718
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.