Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
GSSP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Received my invitation to compete in the NRL Hunter Championship match at the Cameo Shooting and Education Complex, East of Grand Junction, CO. The match is to be held 23-25 August. I had shot the two earlier matches in NM and ID using my 6.5x47. Since I did receive my invitation to the Championship match I decided for the next regular season match at the North Springs Shooting Complex, South of Price, Utah, I'd run my light 300 Win Mag. I've been working on either a 175 Matchburner load or a 220 gr SMK load. Jury is still out. I also bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a new Leica Geovid 3200.com ranging binoculars to replace my 6 yr old pair of Leica Geovid HD-B's. Besides using them for simply locating targets and ranging the target distance, they will also give my dope in MOA or MIL.......and......in talking to Hamilton Boykin, Leica Sports Optics Education Manager, he informed me that when paired/bluetoothed to the Kestrel 5700 Elite weather station/ballistic solver, it will also show the low and high wind hold in the right lens view of the 3200.com's. I also purchased the Kestrel HUD and have attached it to the side of my rifle. Oh my goodness, the technology.....

Will let you know how it goes.

Alan

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by GSSP
Received my invitation to compete in the NRL Hunter Championship match at the Cameo Shooting and Education Complex, East of Grand Junction, CO. The match is to be held 23-25 August. I had shot the two earlier matches in NM and ID using my 6.5x47. Since I did receive my invitation to the Championship match I decided for the next regular season match at the North Springs Shooting Complex, South of Price, Utah, I'd run my light 300 Win Mag. I've been working on either a 175 Matchburner load or a 220 gr SMK load. Jury is still out. I also bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a new Leica Geovid 3200.com ranging binoculars to replace my 6 yr old pair of Leica Geovid HD-B's. Besides using them for simply locating targets and ranging the target distance, they will also give my dope in MOA or MIL.......and......in talking to Hamilton Boykin, Leica Sports Optics Education Manager, he informed me that when paired/bluetoothed to the Kestrel 5700 Elite weather station/ballistic solver, it will also show the low and high wind hold in the right lens view of the 3200.com's. I also purchased the Kestrel HUD and have attached it to the side of my rifle. Oh my goodness, the technology.....

Will let you know how it goes.

Alan

I got my invite as well and am looking forward to it. But Alan you have the wrong dates it is the 6-8 of August! I'll see you Friday in Price UT. I am heading down tomorrow morning so I should get into Price Late Thursday night. The Seekins Havak is ready to Bark......

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,612
Posts18,454,920
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.