Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
byd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I'm a retired navy Chief and now a contractor for navy flight simulators coming soon, I will have to prove I've been vaccinated to get in the simulator building. My questions can that be done without violating HIPAA.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, it can be done w/o violating HIPAA.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
No more of a problem than your kids school requiring proof of immunizations, or a college requiring proof of immunization. HIPAA isn't an issue.
Forcing people to get a non FDA approved vaccine is a whole nother issue though.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kingston
Yes, it can be done w/o violating HIPAA.

How ? They are not a health care provider for one.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just tell them you’re a Christian Scientist.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
No more of a problem than your kids school requiring proof of immunizations, or a college requiring proof of immunization. HIPAA isn't an issue.
Forcing people to get a non FDA approved vaccine is a whole nother issue though.

wasn't the practice of requiring immunization records for school established before HIPAA?
(By HIPAA I am going on when we all were asked to fill out all of the privacy and release acknowledgement forms at the doctor's office?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by byd
I'm a retired navy Chief and now a contractor for navy flight simulators coming soon, I will have to prove I've been vaccinated to get in the simulator building. My questions can that be done without violating HIPAA.

I suspect the legal mechanism is your employer requiring (condition of employment) you to sign a form authorizing the release of that info just like employers do for drug tests.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by byd

Your company wouldn't be considered a HIPAA covered entity which allows them to ask for proof. HIPAA covered entities are generally centered around health care providers, health care insurance companies and their employees.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

wasn't the practice of requiring immunization records for school established before HIPAA?
(By HIPAA I am going on when we all were asked to fill out all of the privacy and release acknowledgement forms at the doctor's office?

All HIPAA means is your health records are protected from release by someone other than you. You can release as much info as you want. I can ask you, and you can tell me, but I can't go ask your doctor without your permission. You providing your own vaccine history doesn't violate HIPAA.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your best bet is to ignore the "requirement". If that doesn't work, tell them you won't take the vaxxes because they tested on aborted fetal tissue.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

HIPAA applies to other people, a medical practice, an employer, etc. disclosing your medical information without your consent.

You can voluntarily disclose it yourself without violating HIPAA..

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
And the reason we have HIPAA? Libs got pissy when their favorite sons were mad about having to share their HIV status in the 90s.

Democrats...the dog schit that keeps on sticking to freedom's shoe...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Decline due to religious grounds?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we just went down this path at work.

same as answers above

Work can ask and if you refuse can prevent you from coming into the office. It is not a violation.

In our case our company has decided to make coming into the offices voluntary for the time being and on the honor system that people that are not vaccinated will wear a mask

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Over the last couple of weeks I've been in A LOT of places with signs saying "masks required if not vaccinated". Both here in WY and in DC and Boston. If you go by what I've seen very close to 100% of the population is vaccinated cause nobody is wearing masks.

Personally I think the signs are cover your ass things for companies.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'm selling these for $ 19.95 a pop.
Good quality paper with a Territory of Guam medical dept stamp on it.
Hand written just a little better than an actual doctor.

Any fire members need one, PM me.
Can UPS over night express for additional $ 19.95.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by renegade50; 07/22/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
its a mixed bag but I have noticed quite a few individuals still wearing masks, all age ranges but quite a few in the 30-50 range

I'd prefer they not and just have this schit go away, but to each his own as I sit here in an office that normally holds 800 people but has maybe 60 in today.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The responses in this thread are surprisingly well informed.

Is this some new variant of behavior here? Could it be a side effect of the vaccine causes people to learn the facts about a law rather than just stay ignorant and speculate wildly, make hollow threats, etc etc?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
They can require it and it doesn't violate HIPPA. Doesn't sound like you can work from home so if thats the case then you have a choice. Get the vaccine and work there or don't get the vaccine and don't work there. It comes down to who you believe about the vaccines and how badly you want to work there.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Stickfight
The responses in this thread are surprisingly well informed.

Is this some new variant of behavior here? Could it be a side effect of the vaccine causes people to learn the facts about a law rather than just stay ignorant and speculate wildly, make hollow threats, etc etc?

To be fair, a couple of our most prolific posters have yet to weight in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 3,064 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.