Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Biggest problem I have with Falkens is country of origin. There are so many made in the USA tires out there, I just can’t justify buying Falkens.

I try to support US companies or US manufacturing when I can. sometimes you don’t have a choice, but there are lots of US made tires to choose from.

But none as highly rated as the Falken (which is also why I drive Toyota).

I put performance over national loyalty since buying tires is one of the least rewarding things I do every few years.

Got the Falkens installed yesterday - "Made In Thailand."

The Hankooks at the shop were from Indonesia.

We'll see...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4th_point
And tire compound change starting last year, that apparently negatively affects their previous good ratings. Search for Joe Bacal's comments online and in the UTubes. He's a professional test driver and has consulted for various manufacturers. The Falken was one of his favorite tires, until the compound was changed.

Good to know... guess I'll find out over the next few years.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Biggest problem I have with Falkens is country of origin. There are so many made in the USA tires out there, I just can’t justify buying Falkens.

I try to support US companies or US manufacturing when I can. sometimes you don’t have a choice, but there are lots of US made tires to choose from.

But none as highly rated as the Falken (which is also why I drive Toyota).

I put performance over national loyalty since buying tires is one of the least rewarding things I do every few years.

Got the Falkens installed yesterday - "Made In Thailand."

The Hankooks at the shop were from Indonesia.

We'll see...

Yeah, 4 out of 6 of my Toyotas were made here in the US, so I don't feel too bad about supporting American labor to buy Toyota. Tires on the other hand, there are just too many US made tires to choose from for me to go overseas, especially just because of subjective reviews. Sometimes there is no choice but to buy abroad, but sometimes it is just a choice. We can support American manufacturing, or not.

Anyway, hope the tires and your Toyota do well.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Falken wildpeaks on my 09 Tacoma also. Love these so far . Great handling, good on trails and dirt , obviously not a dedicated mud tire but they clean ok for an AT.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Probably late to the party.... I've been running Hankook RF 10 AT/2. They resemble the Toyo Open Country I had on my 4 Runner before hand...got a lot of miles on my 88 4Runner with the Toyos... like 75K, and sold them to someone else to put on his Toyota... I think a set of 4 (245 x 75 x 16, E Load rating) were like $1250 out the door.

I replaced them with the Hankook RF 10/ AT/2 at about half the price, thru Discount Tire Direct on Line. Walmart carries them also, but on line mainly.
Pull then off my 4 Runner at 85,000 miles. With Discount Tire Direct, on line, you can also pay $15 for a no question asked warranty. I've had to use them a couple times on my Pilot, but just called them up and they sent a new tire at no cost... Just mounted and balanced them over at the local Community College Automotive Program.

just acquired a 2011 Tacoma 4WD, 4 door, and it needed tires. Put Hankooks on it also.

on the 4 Runner, they see a fair amount of PNW Forest Service roads, and some are pretty rocky in Southern Oregon, they are 10 ply rated or E rated... but they have sloughed off any potential problems with the rocks....I am a happy Hankook Customer for their truck tires and their winter tires.

They are a Korea Company, so not American, but certainly not Chinese. I don't run Chinese stuff if I can avoid it at all.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 3,105 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,746
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.