24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 2012 Toyota Tacoma and My Tire Experience [Re: Kodiakisland] #16272654 07/22/21
Brad Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Biggest problem I have with Falkens is country of origin. There are so many made in the USA tires out there, I just can’t justify buying Falkens.

I try to support US companies or US manufacturing when I can. sometimes you don’t have a choice, but there are lots of US made tires to choose from.

But none as highly rated as the Falken (which is also why I drive Toyota).

I put performance over national loyalty since buying tires is one of the least rewarding things I do every few years.

Got the Falkens installed yesterday - "Made In Thailand."

The Hankooks at the shop were from Indonesia.

We'll see...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
BP-B2

Re: 2012 Toyota Tacoma and My Tire Experience [Re: 4th_point] #16272667 07/22/21
Brad Offline
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 4th_point
And tire compound change starting last year, that apparently negatively affects their previous good ratings. Search for Joe Bacal's comments online and in the UTubes. He's a professional test driver and has consulted for various manufacturers. The Falken was one of his favorite tires, until the compound was changed.

Good to know... guess I'll find out over the next few years.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Re: 2012 Toyota Tacoma and My Tire Experience [Re: Brad] #16274996 07/22/21
Kodiakisland Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Biggest problem I have with Falkens is country of origin. There are so many made in the USA tires out there, I just can’t justify buying Falkens.

I try to support US companies or US manufacturing when I can. sometimes you don’t have a choice, but there are lots of US made tires to choose from.

But none as highly rated as the Falken (which is also why I drive Toyota).

I put performance over national loyalty since buying tires is one of the least rewarding things I do every few years.

Got the Falkens installed yesterday - "Made In Thailand."

The Hankooks at the shop were from Indonesia.

We'll see...

Yeah, 4 out of 6 of my Toyotas were made here in the US, so I don't feel too bad about supporting American labor to buy Toyota. Tires on the other hand, there are just too many US made tires to choose from for me to go overseas, especially just because of subjective reviews. Sometimes there is no choice but to buy abroad, but sometimes it is just a choice. We can support American manufacturing, or not.

Anyway, hope the tires and your Toyota do well.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1b
Who's Online Now
609 registered members (1911a1, 1moredeer, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 1,740 guests, and 1,109 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.