Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#16273694 07/22/21
DMc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I've carried a Victorinox Executive for over 50 years. Holds an edge and the fingernail file is 2nd to none. I even shipped one to my sister in Colorado Springs because the airlines won't let me carry mine. I use the 91mm (custom size) toothpick after every meal. The orange peeler is also awesome!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Anyone else carry a Swiss Army knife?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I carry a Solo Alox every now and then.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a Colonial version of the Swiss Army knife since I got it new in 1974 or so at the grand opening of a Woolco for $1. My Dad didn't like me bugging him to get it and said he was gonna whip my ass when we got home, but I don't remember him doing so and I've still got the knife. I've had both Victorinox and Wenger brands and they were great. Carried some for daily carry.

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Finally, someone who uses the toothpick! I thought that was a totally useless item. Now, the little tweezers, they are really something. The best tool ever for pulling out small slivers ( aside from a needle, of course). I've considered pitching the toothpick and substituting a second pair of tweezers. Some company also makes a little firesteel that fits the slot as well. That might be even better.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
99% of the time I'm carrying a Swiss Army knife...Wenger or Victorinox.

Alox Pioneer is my favorite...got a half dozen or so various colors to choose from.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes....

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Alox Pioneer is my favorite...got a half dozen or so various colors to choose from.

Yeah but can it get you on the OAN web site?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMR
Finally, someone who uses the toothpick! I thought that was a totally useless item. Now, the little tweezers, they are really something. The best tool ever for pulling out small slivers ( aside from a needle, of course). I've considered pitching the toothpick and substituting a second pair of tweezers. Some company also makes a little firesteel that fits the slot as well. That might be even better.

No kidding.
Would it be a magnesium chip?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm impressed with the quality of stainless in their blades.
I don't remember model names, but have three.
One is the newest, around twenty years old and the smallest model. It can be carried past security in the court house with the one inch blade. It's handy but stays either on a key chain or zippered bag so it doesn't get lost.

Then there's the antique medium sized one.

The old vintage one is ancient and has some value when I checked years ago. It's huge, so it stays in the drawer to be used once in a while. Good quality and perfect condition. I think it was their largest model at that time.

The only bigger one was a cheap knock off I used camping as a kid. It had a fork, knife, spoon, ten other uses and a kitchen sink.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 07/22/21.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have carried this one off and on for almost 30 years. It's Tiffany and company Swiss Army in sterling silver and gold. It holds a lot of sentimental value.

IC B3

DMc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
They're not expensive knives but a bargain IMO. That green one pictured in the original post has become a collector model and brings a premium, if you consider $50 a premium.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I'm impressed with the quality of stainless in their blades.
I don't remember model names, but have three.
One is the newest, around twenty years old and the smallest model. It can be carried past security in the court house with the one inch blade. It's handy but stays either on a key chain or zippered bag so it doesn't get lost.

Then there's the antique medium sized one.

The old vintage one is ancient and has some value when I checked years ago. It's huge, so it stays in the drawer to be used once in a while. Good quality and perfect condition. I think it was their largest model at that time.

The only bigger one was a cheap knock off I used camping as a kid. It had a fork, knife, spoon, ten other uses and a kitchen sink.

LOL I remember the fork and spoon model. ...or was that a boy scout knife?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

That was just hurtful Jake!!

I’ve e-mailed our computer geek idiots to see if they can fix it. Updated ESET Tuesday and they fouled something up

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

That was just hurtful Jake!!

I’ve e-mailed our computer geek idiots to see if they can fix it. Updated ESET Tuesday and they fouled something up

laugh

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Works perfectly at home!!

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

Here are a few of them.

NRA Endowment Member

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Slavek
Yes....

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Interesting keys - European by chance?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have several, and usually one in my pocket - in fact there's one there now. I've always had at least one, ever since I was given one as a boy as a sort of rite of passage.

The oldest one I have is an old Elinox Pioneer Rancher, with checkered aluminium scales like the current Victorinox Alox models, but anodised red. It belonged to my grandfather, and is probably about 60 years old. I also have a Victorinox Fieldmaster which was my father's.

When I go hunting I'll usually carry a Victorinox Hunter, which is a large-frame model with a locking main blade, a very effective bone saw and gutting blade, and a few other tools. I also like the Victorinox Hiker, which is a medium-frame with a useful set of tools without being too bulky. I have a few others too - and I use the toothpicks!

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I have carried a Victorinox Pioneer for years and I carry a Victorinox Hunter in my pack when deer hunting.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one in every vehicle I own, one in my desk, one in my tackle box, one in every tool box I own and one in my pocket every day. I consider them to be an article of clothing and always make sure I have one handy.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 62 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,159
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.