Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here is a good read on Biden's plans to bans firearms and how the so called "fact Checkers" cover for him with blatant outright lies.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/22/nolte-bidens-9mm-ban-again-proves-fact-checkers-liars/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I hate Biden as much as the next guy, but that's not what he said. I'm sure he'd have us down to Red Rider BB Guns if he could have his way, but all he actually said was that he wanted to ban magazines of a certain round count. Totally unconstitutional, of course, but that's bad enough on its own that you don't need to try to make his words mean something they don't.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I hate Biden as much as the next guy, but that's not what he said. I'm sure he'd have us down to Red Rider BB Guns if he could have his way, but all he actually said was that he wanted to ban magazines of a certain round count. Totally unconstitutional, of course, but that's bad enough on its own that you don't need to try to make his words mean something they don't.

BS. While he mentioned round counts of 20,30,40 etc... he specifically noted 9mm handguns. How many 9mm handguns can you name with 20+ in a mag? Most are 15-16. By calling out a particular caliber and platform he was clearly indicating what he really wants to do.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

From the linked article

Biden said, “The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a 9mm pistol or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous. I’m continuing to push to eliminate the sale of those things.”

From Biden’s own mouth.

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/1418019006880133122

What’s the issue here with what he said or didn’t say?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MAC

BS. While he mentioned round counts of 20,30,40 etc... he specifically noted 9mm handguns. How many 9mm handguns can you name with 20+ in a mag? Most are 15-16. By calling out a particular caliber and platform he was clearly indicating what he really wants to do.

My Glock 26,19, and 17 accept 32 round mags. He wants the mags. He may well come later for all handguns of any caliber. No doubt he'd do it if he thought he could. But that's just not what he said in that quote. It's bad enough he wants the mags. Let's focus on that.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MAC

My Glock 26,19, and 17 accept 32 round mags. He wants the mags. He may well come later for all handguns of any caliber. No doubt he'd do it if he thought he could. But that's just not what he said in that quote. It's bad enough he wants the mags. Let's focus on that.

Wrong he’s following the Black NY mayor candidate to ban the most popular ghetto blaster 9mm. Not 2 weeks ago.

https://www.newsweek.com/eric-adams...s-focus-assault-rifles-misplaced-1608630

We should not have to ban handguns," Adams replied. "We need to zero in on that handgun, and you will see the decrease in many of these shootings."

Swifty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MAC

That fughker hasn't clearly indicated anything since the mid 2000s and that is even debatable.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by steve4102

From the linked article

Biden said, “The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a 9mm pistol or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous. I’m continuing to push to eliminate the sale of those things.”

From Biden’s own mouth.

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/1418019006880133122

What’s the issue here with what he said or didn’t say?

I think the question is whether “those things” are the mags or the firearms capable of accepting them.

While Biden is a senile puppet given to misstatements, he tends to give things away when he makes a mistake. Given that history I’m inclined to believe he meant the firearms capable of taking those mags… as in Australia, all semi-autos that accept detachable mags.

We all know that’s where they’re headed no matter how you parse his words.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don’t have one of those pussy 9 mm things Joe. Blow me anyway.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Comrades, there are numerous conservative and liberal sites that strive to present news information packaged and presented in certain way. The best way is to listen to the speaker and draw your conclusions based on what is actually said. Letting others do your thinking for you is almost never good for you unless it comes from your ma or pa.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
To me "a weapon that can have the ability to" means the firearm that can accept such a magazine, not just the magazine.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw

We all know that’s where they’re headed no matter how you parse his words.

Can't disagree with that.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
In New Jersey we went from 30 round magazines to 15 rounders and now to 10 round magazines. What's next? I see some of the Federal Courts are saying the magazine bans are unconstitutional, it hasn't trickled down here.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by mathman
To me "a weapon that can have the ability to" means the firearm that can accept such a magazine, not just the magazine.

That was my thought as well

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

banning magazines is unconstitutional ? Show me where as many states have already had bans in place for years

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a 9mm pistol or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous. I’m continuing to push to eliminate the sale of those things.”

To me "a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20,30,40,50, 120 shots from that weapon" means any firearm that doesn't self destruct after the 19th shot.

You can fire 120 shots from a single shot 22. You can fire 120 shots from any firearm. In short, the above quote means any and all firearms.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Can someone show me where Biden mentioned anything about magazines in the quote posted above?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, if I have a slingshot and a pocket full of marbles.....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Biden and the Democrats are talking about without reloading, or changing “clips”.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
So, if I have a slingshot and a pocket full of marbles.....

You'd have more IQ points in your pocket than Dementia Joe got in total.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (338reddog, 10gaugeman, 35, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 684 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.